The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I would like to praise AV

406281dylan

Pretty sure AV's made it to the finals once his whole career and this is his 7th year coaching the Canucks......

Clearly it's time for a new voice, we see the same mistakes every year and the team failing to play up to their potential since their last game against Boston.

Can't motivate a team if you don't talk to them.

Linden and Naslund and M. Schneider all had problems with AV and they're some of the classiest people in the NHL... hmm...............

I hope AV gets fired cause the team is going nowhere with him as he coach. He's been given a really good team and he still got outcoached in the playofs by La last year and Boston two years ago.

This year he is benn horrible...he's lucky players are stepping up and winning low scoring games...the main doesnt kno who to play in o/t. He had burrows taking the faceoff in EDM zone in the last min few days ago. Then he keeps playing edler in the shootouts. Also it was so obvious to everyone let Zack kasian shoot in the shootouts bfr AV realized it vs edm and calgary.

The way i saw it he already cost us two games.

You come to praise AV not to bury him? Is AV Brutus, or is he Caesar?

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.

The evil that men do lives after them;

The good is oft interred with their bones;

So let it be with Caesar. The noble Brutus

Hath told you Caesar was ambitious:

If it were so, it was a grievous fault,

And grievously hath Caesar answer'd it.

Here, under leave of Brutus and the rest--

For Brutus is an honourable man;

So are they all, all honourable men--

Come I to speak in Caesar's funeral.

He was my friend, faithful and just to me:

But Brutus says he was ambitious;

And Brutus is an honourable man.

He hath brought many captives home to Rome

Whose ransoms did the general coffers fill:

Did this in Caesar seem ambitious?

When that the poor have cried, Caesar hath wept:

Ambition should be made of sterner stuff:

Yet Brutus says he was ambitious;

And Brutus is an honourable man.

You all did see that on the Lupercal

I thrice presented him a kingly crown,

Which he did thrice refuse: was this ambition?

Yet Brutus says he was ambitious;

And, sure, he is an honourable man.

I speak not to disprove what Brutus spoke,

But here I am to speak what I do know.

You all did love him once, not without cause:

What cause withholds you then, to mourn for him?

O judgment! thou art fled to brutish beasts,

And men have lost their reason. Bear with me;

My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,

And I must pause till it come back to me.

Pretty sure making it to the finals once in the last 6 years is more than most coaches get lol. Winning the Presidents Trophy twice in a row, winning the NW title year after year is good. OooOO M. Schneider had a problem with AV, nobody cares. Seriously theres only so many cliches and swear words to spit before it gets old real fast. AV seems like a respectable man. He's da boss.

Pretty sure making it to the finals once in the last 6 years is more than most coaches get lol. Winning the Presidents Trophy twice in a row, winning the NW title year after year is good. OooOO M. Schneider had a problem with AV, nobody cares. Seriously theres only so many cliches and swear words to spit before it gets old real fast. AV seems like a respectable man. He's da boss.

Did I? Did I miss that part? A couple of turnovers negate leading the team in goals?

Bieksa, Ballard and Edler all handed the puck over a half dozen times. Are they benched, demoted, admonished in any way? No. You know why? Because that would be a stupid, knee-jerk reaction. The twins haven't done SQUAT this season and have they been demoted to line 3? Not just one game, but almost every game. Nope. they sit on the top line like the untouchables they are.

Yeah. You and AV are peas in a developmentally disabled pod.

AV gets to much hate here. He's brought a lot of success to Vancouver, even before we were expected to succeed. The players respect him, and he respects the players. People get to caught up on him not playing a rookie here or there, but usually it's because they aren't ready for the bigs yet. It's his job to be the hard case that shows young guys they gotta be at there absolute best to be here, and when they are he'll play em. Examples being Kassian, Tanev, and even recently Schroeder though that's due to need at center. He's developed the majority of our team into a consistent Stanley Cup contender and should get more respect

Props Av

Archived