The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I would like to praise AV

406281dylan

Not only has AV done a great job handling the goaltending situation, he has found ways for us to win games without some of are best forwards (booth,Kesler). Last game caught my eye as it in my opinion was one of AV's best coached games of his career. I enjoyed the fact that he changed the lines a little for last night game, Moving weise down to the 4th and Lapierre up to the third, where he belongs. I also think Schroeder will handle himself better on the top 6 then the bottom 6. The best move AV did in the whole game was temoprary change of Burrows and Kassian. Zach had no spark in the first so it is intelligant of AV to move them around. Kassian will probs learn his lesson and be back on the first next game. I also enjoyed the chemistry that Higgins and Lapierre were developing throughout the game, as AV gave Lapierre more then a period on the third line for once. I think AV has to stick wth these line for some time so they can develope chemistry, the lines next game should look like this.

Seins-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Burrows-Lapierre-Higgins

Volpatti-Manny-Weise

Also I just want to point out 2 things, I think AV should consider giving Tanev a promotion after the goal last night and his display of composure throughout his young career.

And also I just want to point out that Higgins stepped up when put with Lapierre last game, and the reason i thought that lapierre deserves this 3rd line oppurtunity is cause his stats arent bad.Hes played a game and a half on the 3rd line this season and he is a plus 1, he somehow also got a goal playing with Manny and Volpatti playing with a groin injury which is not an easy task to do.

I agree on the lines here. But I really hope Higgins could produce a little more offense. He is one of those characters that need to be able to step up at a time like this, with the injuries, and make something happen. And although I like Kassian on the first with the Sedins - it was ice to see Burr there again.

Missed the EDM game (I'm in Europe) but I've always thought AV got waaaay more hate than he deserves. Nice to see him get some praise!

I like those lines. From day 1 I thought Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen would be a nice trio. The problem is if Kassian is with the twins, it pushes Burrows to the 3rd line, which I think is under-utilizing him.

It would be nice to see us win a cup with AV.

Say what you wan't about him, but he's been here to watch and help the Sedins, Eddy, Kes and Burr grow up.

We couldn't score at all in 06/07 and we got 49 wins, yes 75% of that goes to Luongo , but he was able to implement a defensive system and really gave us an identity. We had Jan Bulis on that team, he made do with what he got.

Him preaching defense got Kes and Burr to where they are now, probably set up Kassian for years to come, given Tanev time to develop, and has greatly Helped Jordan Schroeder.

Yes boys, Jordan Schroeder got 18 minutes last night.

AV is one of the best coaches in the NHL whether some Canuck fans like it or not. Does Detroit make it to the SCF every year? Hellz no, yet Babcock is often considered The best coach by many. AV has always switched lines around and found combinations that work, and on the go. He is a terrific coach for seeing who is working on a given night and who is not. Kassian wasn't getting it done, same with the Sedins, so he went back with Burr and they got an extra jump in their step. This is not new, AV has done this year after year, which is a large reason why he is so good as a coach. We will not be firing him any time soon. If we ever did other teams would be falling all over the place to sign him. That says something, no? Like to see some praise for the coach, good thread OP. :towel:

"AV hates young players!! Fire him!" :frantic:

But Kassian, Tanev and Schroeder are getting plenty of playing time, opportunity and even put in important situations. Maybe AV gives young players time and opportunity when they EARN it...?

"AV Hates Ballard and doesn't know how to use him!" :frantic:

But Ballard's been playing a much better game and AV even put him and Tanev (a young guy :shock: ) out in the last minute of OT last night. Maybe he has a better handle on players and their capabilities than panicky, uninformed CDC members....?

Guy is a great coach. Period.

Archived