Kings of ES?

#32 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

Yah except you missed the part last night where Kassian was practicling gift wrapping the puck to the oilers. Not resposible defensively? there is no way you deserve to play against the other team's top lines. Yes Kassian has produced but unfortunately he was awful in that game so that is why he was demoted period.

Did I? Did I miss that part? A couple of turnovers negate leading the team in goals?
Bieksa, Ballard and Edler all handed the puck over a half dozen times. Are they benched, demoted, admonished in any way? No. You know why? Because that would be a stupid, knee-jerk reaction. The twins haven't done SQUAT this season and have they been demoted to line 3? Not just one game, but almost every game. Nope. they sit on the top line like the untouchables they are.
Yeah. You and AV are peas in a developmentally disabled pod.

Edited by Vansicle, 05 February 2013 - 12:54 PM.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#33 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,336 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

Did I? Did I miss that part? A couple of turnovers negate leading the team in goals?
Bieksa, Ballard and Edler all handed the puck over a half dozen times. Are they benched, demoted, admonished in any way? No. You know why? Because that would be a stupid, knee-jerk reaction. The twins haven't done SQUAT this season and have they been demoted to line 3? Not just one game, but almost every game. Nope. they sit on the top line like the untouchables they are.
Yeah. You and AV are peas in a developmentally disabled pod.

Did you consider that AV "demoting" Kass was more about "promoting" Bur as a way to try to get the twins going? IMO it was less about either Kass or Bur's play and more about AV trying to spark the twins. But why let that get in the way of a good non-sensical AV rant?
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

I'd like to blaze AV!

... on this fat BLIZZY..
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,560 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

Canucks are missing 2/3 of their 2nd line, and warming up a veteran line-up that mostly sat idle for the lockout. They crapped the bed on opening night. And yet, here they are, with a 5-2-2 record.

...OBVIOUSLY it's a problem with coaching.
Posted Image

#36 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 17,336 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

Canucks are missing 2/3 of their 2nd line, and warming up a veteran line-up that mostly sat idle for the lockout. They crapped the bed on opening night. And yet, here they are, with a 5-2-2 record.

Totally. String up AV.

The only possible coaching beef anyone should have is maybe the PP and even that has more to do with those missing players and as yet up to speed twins than any coaching deficiency IMO. Though the damn drop pass does piss me off ...lol

Edited by J.R., 05 February 2013 - 01:05 PM.

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#37 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

Did you consider that AV "demoting" Kass was more about "promoting" Bur as a way to try to get the twins going? IMO it was less about either Kass or Bur's play and more about AV trying to spark the twins. But why let that get in the way of a good non-sensical AV rant?

In your opinion, that's exactly what it's about. But in my opinion, which, by the way is not a "rant" simply because it contravenes your opinion, if you want to shake things up, you demonstrate some patience and leave the guy with the goals on the top line and maybe bring a Raymond or a Hansen - guys who are actually hustling and creating opportunities - up with him.
In the end, two defensemen with one point between them saved the day.
I acknowledge that AV is a really good coach. I am also allowed to bitch about what I think are stupid moves.
The problem I had with the other poster is his characterization of Kassian as being handed top line minutes, when Kass has clearly carried his own weight. That can't be argued.
But thanks for butting in.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#38 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,385 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

AV is one of the best coaches in the NHL whether some Canuck fans like it or not. Does Detroit make it to the SCF every year? Hellz no, yet Babcock is often considered The best coach by many. AV has always switched lines around and found combinations that work, and on the go. He is a terrific coach for seeing who is working on a given night and who is not. Kassian wasn't getting it done, same with the Sedins, so he went back with Burr and they got an extra jump in their step. This is not new, AV has done this year after year, which is a large reason why he is so good as a coach. We will not be firing him any time soon. If we ever did other teams would be falling all over the place to sign him. That says something, no? Like to see some praise for the coach, good thread OP. :towel:

In all reality the team was frickin crap yesterday and deserved to lose.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#39 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

Ah, I see the glass is half full..... :rolleyes:

Edited by MaximYapierre, 05 February 2013 - 01:15 PM.

/=S=/

#40 campers11

campers11

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Ahhh yes the Bipolar fan base strikes again. I've always been a fan of AV but, I know alot of the fans havent. Canucks fan base in a bottle: Love them when they win, hate them when they lose.

Just last week someone said we might miss the playoffs. Wonder if they've changed their minds....
Posted Image Cred to "Keslers happy dance"!
RIP Luc Bourdon
Thank you linden.
No, thank you Chuck Norris.

#41 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

Hahaha I know right, I don't understand all the coach hate. Since he's been here we've had the most success in franchise history. Every year we win the division, got 2 pres trophies, numerous personal player awards, trip to the finals, one of the most dominant reg season in NHL history. He's done great things for this team but everyone passes it off as a major coincidence that all these great achievements were made with him behind the bench.

I thought last night was a brilliant display of coaching to get the most out of the sh*tty performance we were giving. We sucked big time but knew how to work with it and find a way to win. We were dominating them in the face off circle and just kept racing up the ice to put a long one in on dubnyk for him to cover up. Worked out in the end cus they couldn't win a faceoff and end up majorly out shooting them.

#42 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

"Great job handling the goaltending situation"? In my opinion he's totally screwed up the situation, and is on the verge of having a real problem on his hands. My scorn is also directed toward Gillis for allowing this farce to continue.

#43 6of1_halfdozenofother

6of1_halfdozenofother

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

He should have been canned like 3 years ago.

Posted Image
:emot-parrot:
People who label others as bandwagoners, people who tell other people "how" to cheer for their team, "how" they should act or what they should wear to "support" their team, people who only want to hear positive thoughts and don't want to read about how the team can do better - these are people who are insecure and uncomfortable within their own skin.

I'll support my team the way I choose, thank you very much. You can choose to support your team the way you want to, and I won't judge you on it as long as you don't try to force your beliefs on me. I'll also be quick to point out where I think the team can do better, because identifying that there is a problem is the first step to fixing it; denying or ignoring a problem won't solve anything.

Go Canucks Go.

#44 6of1_halfdozenofother

6of1_halfdozenofother

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

his first priority is helping the team win not inflating his stats or counting his ice time.

Someone should tell that to Mike Liut.
People who label others as bandwagoners, people who tell other people "how" to cheer for their team, "how" they should act or what they should wear to "support" their team, people who only want to hear positive thoughts and don't want to read about how the team can do better - these are people who are insecure and uncomfortable within their own skin.

I'll support my team the way I choose, thank you very much. You can choose to support your team the way you want to, and I won't judge you on it as long as you don't try to force your beliefs on me. I'll also be quick to point out where I think the team can do better, because identifying that there is a problem is the first step to fixing it; denying or ignoring a problem won't solve anything.

Go Canucks Go.

#45 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 17,336 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

In your opinion, that's exactly what it's about. But in my opinion, which, by the way is not a "rant" simply because it contravenes your opinion, if you want to shake things up, you demonstrate some patience and leave the guy with the goals on the top line and maybe bring a Raymond or a Hansen - guys who are actually hustling and creating opportunities - up with him.
In the end, two defensemen with one point between them saved the day.
I acknowledge that AV is a really good coach. I am also allowed to bitch about what I think are stupid moves.
The problem I had with the other poster is his characterization of Kassian as being handed top line minutes, when Kass has clearly carried his own weight. That can't be argued.
But thanks for butting in.

The twins are our premier players. AV can cut their minutes or send them the occasional message if/when needed but the fact is he HAS to get them going if this team is to go anywhere. That means playing them.

You can bench 4th, 3rd, heck even some 2nd line players as there's other guys that can replace/fill in those roles. When you're the team's premier players you perform or you play your way out. ESPECIALLY when the coach doesn't have Booth/Kesler to even slightly fill that role.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#46 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,560 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

Hahaha I know right, I don't understand all the coach hate. Since he's been here we've had the most success in franchise history. Every year we win the division, got 2 pres trophies, numerous personal player awards, trip to the finals, one of the most dominant reg season in NHL history. He's done great things for this team but everyone passes it off as a major coincidence that all these great achievements were made with him behind the bench.

I thought last night was a brilliant display of coaching to get the most out of the sh*tty performance we were giving. We sucked big time but knew how to work with it and find a way to win. We were dominating them in the face off circle and just kept racing up the ice to put a long one in on dubnyk for him to cover up. Worked out in the end cus they couldn't win a faceoff and end up majorly out shooting them.

My favourite criticism is that he does not know how to develop young players.

When he took over, the Sedins were young "excellent 2nd liners, but not 1st liners"; Kesler was a "very good 3rd C, but nothing more"; Burrows was a "fringe bottom-6"; Edler and Hansen were raw rookies; etc, etc...

Nobody saw two Art Ross trophies, a Selke, and 30 goals out of the likes of these guys. And yet, they developed those heights completely under AV's tutelage. Edler is an allstar defenseman now. Hansen, who used to hit less than the Sedins, has been transformed into one of the most effective forecheckers around. The evidence continues to mount.

What is the explanation from the AV doubters? Coincidence? They did this 'in spite of' poor coaching? Seriously?

Nothing but total, complete ignorance.
Posted Image

#47 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

SO how do the twins adjust to playing with Kassian - the type of player everyone admits they need on their line to be successful in the playoffs - if they get their "comfort" zone back again when they fail to play well?

Kassian isn't an enforcer you can just throw out on the line for a couple of shifts in the playoffs to send a message. He is best used as a regular creating space and time. That is different than what Burrows does. If the Sedins want to be successful post-season, they need to adjust their game to this.

Kassian is not the reason the Sedins have been playing poorly. I love Burrows but him with the twins makes that a soft line that can be man-handles when the intensity heats up in the playoffs.

#48 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

At a grinding time like this for our team, with the injuries on offense and the big trade waiting to happen and give us the help we need - I think Burrows on the 3rd line is a good fit as he can agitate, irritate and pickpocket his way underneath the opposition's jersey. He is the kinda guy that can do that - and will for some reasonable periods of time, as he is a Canuck with a big C and will give his all for the team.

Plus Burrows will still get tons of time with the twins on the PP and put in tons of time on the PK. Its not like he isnt going to get ice time. And being an excellent defender, and with Kes out, we can really utilize this in defending against other teams top lines.

#49 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

My favourite criticism is that he does not know how to develop young players.

When he took over, the Sedins were young "excellent 2nd liners, but not 1st liners"; Kesler was a "very good 3rd C, but nothing more"; Burrows was a "fringe bottom-6"; Edler and Hansen were raw rookies; etc, etc...

Nobody saw two Art Ross trophies, a Selke, and 30 goals out of the likes of these guys. And yet, they developed those heights completely under AV's tutelage. Edler is an allstar defenseman now. Hansen, who used to hit less than the Sedins, has been transformed into one of the most effective forecheckers around. The evidence continues to mount.

What is the explanation from the AV doubters? Coincidence? They did this 'in spite of' poor coaching? Seriously?

Nothing but total, complete ignorance.

You tell em sister....er I mean...yeah!

#50 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

Winningest coach in franchise history, nice one dumba$$!

#51 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Alaine Vigneaut flavored?

#52 ahf149

ahf149

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Umm, so who do you guys suggest replace AV?? Anyone? Oh thats right, the ones that are available nobody wants! Teams have hired guys that we have never heard of (the Oilers coach), Oates and Hunter in Washington. Yeah so, anyone thinks they can find a better coach. Please tell us who!! Who can make this team reach their potential *rolls eyes*
Life is short, LIVE IT

#53 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

Ah, I see the glass is half full..... :rolleyes:

Half full and full of piss apparently. The Canucks did not play their best game for the first half, but completely dominated the rest of the game.

#54 ahf149

ahf149

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

BTW, yes Kassian is scoring lots of goals, but the Sedins look lost and confused out there with him on the ice. The second Burrows was placed back on that line, they started to click. Burrows is smart, he understands the Sedins. Burrows gets it, he doesnt just go to the front of the net and stand there and wait for a tip in...Kudos to Kassian. I think hes doing great. But we need Burrows back on that line.
Life is short, LIVE IT

#55 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 17,336 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

SO how do the twins adjust to playing with Kassian - the type of player everyone admits they need on their line to be successful in the playoffs - if they get their "comfort" zone back again when they fail to play well?

Kassian isn't an enforcer you can just throw out on the line for a couple of shifts in the playoffs to send a message. He is best used as a regular creating space and time. That is different than what Burrows does. If the Sedins want to be successful post-season, they need to adjust their game to this.

Kassian is not the reason the Sedins have been playing poorly. I love Burrows but him with the twins makes that a soft line that can be man-handles when the intensity heats up in the playoffs.

I expect both of them will get plenty of playing time with the twins as situations and their respective play dictates.

The twins weren't going so AV put a guy with them that's worked in the past to see if that might spur them on a bit. There's really nothing more to it than that.

People reading in to it further than that are out of their element. We weren't playing the Kings or Bruins in the playoffs, we were playing Edmonton at the beginning of the season. He coached to win that game, not a game (hopefully) 3+ months away. That you perceive that line as "soft" (true or not) doesn't matter much when you're matching up against the 184lb heft of Eberle FWIW.

Edited by J.R., 05 February 2013 - 02:17 PM.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#56 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

the ability to adapt your coaching style and the way your team plays from night to night. Including injuries, players who are playing well that night.

during the playoffs we have been outperformed or our top scorers have been shutdown quite easily, and the coach hasnt been able to find a way to counter act that. I think a good coach finds a way to make the Sedins productive regardless of who they are playing against. Other great teams seem to be able to figure it out, while others dont, Vancouver being one of them

#57 schneider

schneider

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Forget trying to reason with the AV Haters... Haters gonna hate but AV still gets paid and guess what you Haters are part of who pays his salary.

This is a really embarrassing post, not relevant to any topic whatsoever. Jesus christ.

Hahahahah are you retarded? Did you watch the game? Two defensive errors, that's it. We completely outplayed edmonton and deserved to win, no doubt at all.

Edited by schneider, 05 February 2013 - 02:36 PM.

#58 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

I'm curious, to the FIRE AV crowd, who are you replacing him with? It's not like there's a poor of great, motivating, ready coaches just sitting around. Hell, if you want to talk about perennial disappointments changing coaches with absolutely not positive effect, look at the Capitals. Is that what you want? Fire AV, to bring up your AHL coach, only to have him falter, then replace him with, like, Trevor Linden or some part of Canucks past? AV may not be the best coach in the NHL, but taking a team on the last legs of their prime (sorry) and putting in a new coach and system in a 48 game season with a quarter of it done? You might outright miss the playoffs. AV isn't the best, but most coaches in the NHL aren't exceptional right now. MIN, WPG, WSH, FLA, and OTT, off the top of my head, have significantly worse coaches, and unless you've got a Hitchcock or a Keenen or a (RIP) Burns in the wings begging for the job, I don't know who you replace him with that all of a sudden changes the entire direction of the team for the positive. But I'm looking to be enlightened, if anyone has any ideas that isn't a flippant, ignorant 'HES AWFUL REPLACE HIM WITH ANYONE'

#59 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,261 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

True, but every year he is doing a better job and looks to be learning from his mistakes. Problem is he just makes so many mistakes.

#60 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

Yes, before he could coach us to some of the best seasons in Canucks' history. (sarcasm). What an idiotic post. Only thing sadder are the morons that liked it.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.