118 replies to this topic

#91 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Not only has AV done a great job handling the goaltending situation, he has found ways for us to win games without some of are best forwards (booth,Kesler). Last game caught my eye as it in my opinion was one of AV's best coached games of his career. I enjoyed the fact that he changed the lines a little for last night game, Moving weise down to the 4th and Lapierre up to the third, where he belongs. I also think Schroeder will handle himself better on the top 6 then the bottom 6. The best move AV did in the whole game was temoprary change of Burrows and Kassian. Zach had no spark in the first so it is intelligant of AV to move them around. Kassian will probs learn his lesson and be back on the first next game. I also enjoyed the chemistry that Higgins and Lapierre were developing throughout the game, as AV gave Lapierre more then a period on the third line for once. I think AV has to stick wth these line for some time so they can develope chemistry, the lines next game should look like this.
Seins-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Burrows-Lapierre-Higgins
Volpatti-Manny-Weise

Also I just want to point out 2 things, I think AV should consider giving Tanev a promotion after the goal last night and his display of composure throughout his young career.

And also I just want to point out that Higgins stepped up when put with Lapierre last game, and the reason i thought that lapierre deserves this 3rd line oppurtunity is cause his stats arent bad.Hes played a game and a half on the 3rd line this season and he is a plus 1, he somehow also got a goal playing with Manny and Volpatti playing with a groin injury which is not an easy task to do.

Don't forget oilers is a young and inexperienced team. And they only playing divisional teams this year. With canucks roster missing few players they still have alot talent. With full lineup they probably be competing for the presidents again. Av and team have been really good in regular season past few years

#92 pianoman13

pianoman13

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

You have no clue. AV should not be the coach of this team.

Then please tell me who should? You obviously seem to know more than Gillis so I would like to hear what you have to say.

No videos in sig please. 

#93 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

fire av

I'm not going to bother doing any research. Any toddler hockey coach could do a better job.

just

fire

a

v

Edited by Joe_Shmo, 05 February 2013 - 09:26 PM.

Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#94 Teen Icarus

Teen Icarus

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

It would be nice to see us win a cup with AV.

Say what you wan't about him, but he's been here to watch and help the Sedins, Eddy, Kes and Burr grow up.
We couldn't score at all in 06/07 and we got 49 wins, yes 75% of that goes to Luongo , but he was able to implement a defensive system and really gave us an identity. We had Jan Bulis on that team, he made do with what he got.

Him preaching defense got Kes and Burr to where they are now, probably set up Kassian for years to come, given Tanev time to develop, and has greatly Helped Jordan Schroeder.

Yes boys, Jordan Schroeder got 18 minutes last night.

fixed.

Although I do think that AV has slowly improved...slowly...
Spoiler

#95 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

fire av

win cup

win win
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#96 Bure1994Mclean

Bure1994Mclean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Imo, he's handling this goalie situation perfectly, ride each goalie for as long as you can until they lose; god-forbid Luongo runs the board on the rest of the games this season and we have to keep him in the net, bottom line is wins.
OMG SUNDIN.

The word fear is not in our dictionary, it is in the eyes of the enemy.

The objective of war is not to die for your country, it is to make the enemy die for theirs.

One generation plants the trees, the other gets the shade.

#97 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

He's a good coach but it's time for a change.

dDING DING DING

/thread

#98 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

Not only has AV done a great job handling the goaltending situation, he has found ways for us to win games without some of are best forwards (booth,Kesler). Last game caught my eye as it in my opinion was one of AV's best coached games of his career. I enjoyed the fact that he changed the lines a little for last night game, Moving weise down to the 4th and Lapierre up to the third, where he belongs. I also think Schroeder will handle himself better on the top 6 then the bottom 6. The best move AV did in the whole game was temoprary change of Burrows and Kassian. Zach had no spark in the first so it is intelligant of AV to move them around. Kassian will probs learn his lesson and be back on the first next game. I also enjoyed the chemistry that Higgins and Lapierre were developing throughout the game, as AV gave Lapierre more then a period on the third line for once. I think AV has to stick wth these line for some time so they can develope chemistry, the lines next game should look like this.
Seins-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Burrows-Lapierre-Higgins
Volpatti-Manny-Weise

Also I just want to point out 2 things, I think AV should consider giving Tanev a promotion after the goal last night and his display of composure throughout his young career.

And also I just want to point out that Higgins stepped up when put with Lapierre last game, and the reason i thought that lapierre deserves this 3rd line oppurtunity is cause his stats arent bad.Hes played a game and a half on the 3rd line this season and he is a plus 1, he somehow also got a goal playing with Manny and Volpatti playing with a groin injury which is not an easy task to do.

It's all experience. Patience is virtue, MG knows this. That's why he hasn't gave up on him, he is familiar with every player in that dressing room- if we had gotten a different coach when everyone started crying we would be in a whole lot of trouble. To anybody calling for his head, just shut up and let the professionals handle it. That's why they get paid and you just watch, now... Whine away! lol

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#99 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,476 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

The man got us to the stanley cup 2 years ago and he is going to take us back their this season.

I wouldn't bet on it, the guys weaknesses will be exposed again in the post-season, just watch.

Yah cause players automatically deserve ice time rather than having to earn it :rolleyes:

"Yah" Because leading the team in scoring isn't earning it. Right?

This team could do a lot better with a good coach. AV is holding back this team's potential.

Now this guy knows whats going on.

zackass.png

#100 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

Glory will be the day they finally FIRE AV

#101 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

A thread I started in May of last year. Does anyone else think it accurately applies to our season so far? It seems to me that AV is not making the minor changes needed to maximize the potential of the team as I originally thought him capable. I am on the fence, if we were to have a suitable replacement in the wings, I think I would be ok with seeing a new bench boss.

http://forum.canucks...6#entry10658966
Posted Image

#102 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

He should have been canned like 3 years ago.

how about we fire you for stupid comments?

#103 cloutier123

cloutier123

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

Honestly AV is a good coach. Don't know why a lot of you are calling for his head. Im so sick of teams recycling through coaches year after year. Have some consistency behind the bench.

#104 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Honestly AV is a good coach. Don't know why a lot of you are calling for his head. Im so sick of teams recycling through coaches year after year. Have some consistency behind the bench.

Pretty sure AV's made it to the finals once his whole career and this is his 7th year coaching the Canucks......

Clearly it's time for a new voice, we see the same mistakes every year and the team failing to play up to their potential since their last game against Boston.

Can't motivate a team if you don't talk to them.

Linden and Naslund and M. Schneider all had problems with AV and they're some of the classiest people in the NHL... hmm...............

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#105 Clonedanielsedin

Clonedanielsedin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

l

Edited by Clonedanielsedin, 06 February 2013 - 11:50 AM.

#106 Clonedanielsedin

Clonedanielsedin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

I wouldn't fire AV i think he has a great connection with the younger players which is crucial. Hansen, Bieksa, Tanev, Burrows, Kesler hes worked hard with all of them. This team wins and AV rides it until they suck

#107 cloutier123

cloutier123

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

Pretty sure AV's made it to the finals once his whole career and this is his 7th year coaching the Canucks......

Clearly it's time for a new voice, we see the same mistakes every year and the team failing to play up to their potential since their last game against Boston.

Can't motivate a team if you don't talk to them.

Linden and Naslund and M. Schneider all had problems with AV and they're some of the classiest people in the NHL... hmm...............

Pretty sure making it to the finals once in the last 6 years is more than most coaches get lol. Winning the Presidents Trophy twice in a row, winning the NW title year after year is good. OooOO M. Schneider had a problem with AV, nobody cares. Seriously theres only so many cliches and swear words to spit before it gets old real fast. AV seems like a respectable man. He's da boss.

#108 tmak01

tmak01

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

I hope AV gets fired cause the team is going nowhere with him as he coach. He's been given a really good team and he still got outcoached in the playofs by La last year and Boston two years ago.

This year he is benn horrible...he's lucky players are stepping up and winning low scoring games...the main doesnt kno who to play in o/t. He had burrows taking the faceoff in EDM zone in the last min few days ago. Then he keeps playing edler in the shootouts. Also it was so obvious to everyone let Zack kasian shoot in the shootouts bfr AV realized it vs edm and calgary.

The way i saw it he already cost us two games.

#109 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

You come to praise AV not to bury him? Is AV Brutus, or is he Caesar?

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;
I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones;
So let it be with Caesar. The noble Brutus
Hath told you Caesar was ambitious:
If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
And grievously hath Caesar answer'd it.
Here, under leave of Brutus and the rest--
For Brutus is an honourable man;
So are they all, all honourable men--
Come I to speak in Caesar's funeral.
He was my friend, faithful and just to me:
But Brutus says he was ambitious;
And Brutus is an honourable man.
He hath brought many captives home to Rome
Whose ransoms did the general coffers fill:
Did this in Caesar seem ambitious?
When that the poor have cried, Caesar hath wept:
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff:
Yet Brutus says he was ambitious;
And Brutus is an honourable man.
You all did see that on the Lupercal
I thrice presented him a kingly crown,
Which he did thrice refuse: was this ambition?
Yet Brutus says he was ambitious;
And, sure, he is an honourable man.
I speak not to disprove what Brutus spoke,
But here I am to speak what I do know.
You all did love him once, not without cause:
What cause withholds you then, to mourn for him?
O judgment! thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me;
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause till it come back to me.

#110 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Pretty sure making it to the finals once in the last 6 years is more than most coaches get lol. Winning the Presidents Trophy twice in a row, winning the NW title year after year is good. OooOO M. Schneider had a problem with AV, nobody cares. Seriously theres only so many cliches and swear words to spit before it gets old real fast. AV seems like a respectable man. He's da boss.

you're name kills all of your credibility. You only envy AV because he made it to the SCF and you didn't :D

But in all seriousness, fire AV.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#111 cloutier123

cloutier123

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

you're name kills all of your credibility. You only envy AV because he made it to the SCF and you didn't :D

But in all seriousness, fire AV.

You sound foolish... of course I didn't make it to the SCF... Get a life troll. And in all seriousness Cloutier was awesome, total bad***. Makes sense he's a goal-tending consultant for the Canucks, they must like him to.

#112 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

I think the Presidents Trophy thing is overrated, we have the Flames, Oilers, Avs, and the Wild in our division, we have an elite team, we should win it every year since we play those teams so much.....

If Burrows didn't score that goal off that give away in the first round that year we went to the finals AV would have been gone for sure

Only reason he is still here imo is because there isn't any decent coaches to hire right now.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#113 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Did I? Did I miss that part? A couple of turnovers negate leading the team in goals?
Bieksa, Ballard and Edler all handed the puck over a half dozen times. Are they benched, demoted, admonished in any way? No. You know why? Because that would be a stupid, knee-jerk reaction. The twins haven't done SQUAT this season and have they been demoted to line 3? Not just one game, but almost every game. Nope. they sit on the top line like the untouchables they are.
Yeah. You and AV are peas in a developmentally disabled pod.

Lol Sedin hasn't done squat. Ok, you just lost any creditability. They having a slow start but I guess they miraculously got some points from doing nothing according to you

#114 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Only reason he is still here imo is because there isn't any decent coaches to hire right now.

Which, perversely, is a good reason not to fire him.

It does come down to if he is the best available to the club and not if he is the best there is.

#115 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

I guess Tanev was passing to himself when he scored that OT goal. Lol what a jokester

#116 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,917 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Lol Sedin hasn't done squat. Ok, you just lost any creditability. They having a slow start but I guess they miraculously got some points from doing nothing according to you

Oh yah the NHL is so easy you don't have to do squat to get points just physically being on the ice is enough, You can lay down have a nap, maybe pull out the ol ipad and play some angry birds and you'll rack up the points LOL
Posted Image

#117 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

AV gets to much hate here. He's brought a lot of success to Vancouver, even before we were expected to succeed. The players respect him, and he respects the players. People get to caught up on him not playing a rookie here or there, but usually it's because they aren't ready for the bigs yet. It's his job to be the hard case that shows young guys they gotta be at there absolute best to be here, and when they are he'll play em. Examples being Kassian, Tanev, and even recently Schroeder though that's due to need at center. He's developed the majority of our team into a consistent Stanley Cup contender and should get more respect

Props Av

#118 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

You sound foolish... of course I didn't make it to the SCF... Get a life troll. And in all seriousness Cloutier was awesome, total bad***. Makes sense he's a goal-tending consultant for the Canucks, they must like him to.

more lost credibility
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#119 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,451 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

You come to praise AV not to bury him? Is AV Brutus, or is he Caesar?

Beware the Ides of March

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.