The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ballard

mbal23

I think more credit should go to Ballard for the Tanev goal than the twins because if Ballard didn't get the puck to Daniel there would have been no way the goal happens and he took two oilers out of the play by drawing them to him. I find it weird that everyone hates on Ballard when something goes wrong but say nothing when he does something good.

Surprising turn of events as of late; Edler has been the one giving me the scares when he has the puck. He's been doing all kinds of weirdness with it... And Ballard again has been confident and reliable with the puck and looked much better than at any stage of his stay here. Tanev too - of course. But everyone knows that already.

I think more credit should go to credit for the Tanev goal than the twins because if Ballard didn't get the puck to Daniel there would have been no way the goal happens and he took two oilers out of the play by drawing them to him. I find it weird that everyone hates on Ballard when something goes wrong but say nothing when he does something good.

Im gonna get flamed for this, but I've always thought Edler was overrated. When he's on his game he is a good Dman, but hes very inconsistent and doesnt bring his physical game every night, has bad defensive lapses from time to time..

If we packaged Schneider and Edler, we would get a HUGE return.

Our D would still be:

Hamhuis Bieksa

Ballard Garrison (he will come around)

Tanev Vandermeer/Alberts

Still a pretty good D core

And im not gonna start making proposals but Schneider and Edler would bring back a bonafied top 6 forward, with size that can put the puck in the net, or a great playmaker for the 2nd line.

Okay. Credit to him for not getting pushed off the puck and successfully passing it to someone on his own team.

Seriously, I'm not one for hating on our players either, but it just seems like saying "good job for doing your job on that one play after making major mistakes throughout the entire rest of the game" is rather condescending. I say we give credit where credit is due and save the praise for when they do something great, not merely competent.

I have enjoyed Ballard's play for much of this season. However, last night I noticed some play that had me scratching my head. He is inconsistent game to game. Late in the third period last night he tried to skate the width of his zone to skate it out, only to be caught for a turnover. Frustrating!

Archived