The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Judge throws teen in jail for 30 days for giving him the finger.

nuckin_futz

From Florida law:

903.046 Purpose of and criteria for bail determination.

(1) The purpose of a bail determination in criminal proceedings is to ensure the appearance of the criminal defendant at subsequent proceedings and to protect the community against unreasonable danger from the criminal defendant.

http://law.onecle.com/florida/criminal-procedure-and-corrections/903.046.html

In this case the judge is clearly using increased bail as punishment for misbehaving. Wet, is this in violation of the spirit of bail, as outlined in the law?

If a wayward child like her is allowed free reign to ridicule the Courts, then anarchy will surely come next .. and for all the "toughness" that the typcal CDC'er tries to portray, most folks would be pooping in their pants if they had to go out in public .. I figure it is a good "object lesson" ..

I am sure her parents are proud ..

Stop cutting and pasting laws, Especially Canadian laws since I was talking about the American legal system. Start reading peoples posts rather than responding to them by what you think they are trying to say. I'm saying thats how it is (justice system is about punishment) and you're giving me laws to say that's how it is. Just trying to find an argument where there is none.

And if you try to argue that a paid Attorney representing her would have gotten the same outcome then you really don't know what you're talking about period

The same principles apply in the US in Florida and other states as well as the UK and other similar legal systems.

And your law degree and legal practise certificate was obtained from which jurisdiction and how long have you been a lawyer?

If a wayward child like her is allowed free reign to ridicule the Courts, then anarchy will surely come next .. and for all the "toughness" that the typcal CDC'er tries to portray, most folks would be pooping in their pants if they had to go out in public .. I figure it is a good "object lesson" ..

I am sure her parents are proud ..

Just as long as you Wetcoaster and that magical jurisdiction where people care about what you cut and paste. And those legal systems could be exactly the same, but cutting and pasting those laws still have ZERO relavancy to what I posted. But keep up your cutting and pasting skills cause you do that masterfully!

Apples and orangutans (or otherwise known as apples and oranges) is a figure of speech. It is an expression that points out that two seemingly similar ideas are actually different ideas altogether - hence apples and oranges.

Orangutans is just a play-on-words in lieu of orange, which looks similar to oranges. However, it may also be intention.

Since one could claim that apples and oranges are fruit, they are essentially 'the same'. However, orangutans are primates. And an apple is a kind of fruit, thus making clear of the difference.

Archived