Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nuckin_futz

Judge throws teen in jail for 30 days for giving him the finger.

567 posts in this topic

This is a discussion forum. It is not bound to the same parameters as a court room, obviously. Stop being obtuse.

When i screw up i take responsibilty for ,and the accept the consequnces of my actions,i do not lie to escape them .

This is one of the reasons why i never make the same mistake twice.

If we were not discussing in this particular thread a specific matter with its applicable facts, law and legal principles, that observation might have some validity. But we are not.

When i screw up i take responsibilty for ,and the accept the consequnces of my actions,i do not lie to escape them .

This is one of the reasons why i never make the same mistake twice.

We are discussing a kid who acted like an idiot. It has legal issues, social, moral, etc. Plenty of posters have commented on her behaviour or her parents or other topics outside the scope of the law. Your wilful ignorance of that followed with insults to others is odd.

OK...thanks for letting me know. :wacko: Not sure how that relates to my post. And not everyone on this planet has the same morals and values that you do. In the first video, the girl was acting out, stoned and not taking her court appearance seriously AT ALL. In the second video, her tune had completely 180'd. I am of the opinion that the message got through to her and she won't be causing disruptions in future court appearances.

And that appears to be what Ms. Soto has done. As I said one can only hope the lesson she was taught stays with her.

Some posters have said all sorts of things - much of it clearly wrong as it applied to this particular situation.

OK...thanks for letting me know. :wacko: Not sure how that relates to my post. And not everyone on this planet has the same morals and values that you do. In the first video, the girl was acting out, stoned and not taking her court appearance seriously AT ALL. In the second video, her tune had completely 180'd. I am of the opinion that the message got through to her and she won't be causing disruptions in future court appearances.

No she has not , she has lied to escape the consequences of of her actions , rather than say i did the crime i will do the time .

But they are speaking about a myriad of topics related to this thread. They are not all legal ones. So I don't know why you pretend this thread is limited to discussing issues related to law exclusively or why your opinion on those matters is any more correct than anyone else.

What message , that ACTING repentant and lieing in court means you can escape the consequences of your actions

The message not to screw around in front of a judge??

Perhaps then those posters should not be straying so far off topic.

The message not to screw around in front of a judge??

That's funny cause you posted about how you'd feel if your kid did that. Very much outside the legal scope you claim this is about. Perhaps you should heed your own advice.

No she has learnt that you can piss off a judge , and if you cry a bit and lie to him and say your sorry you can get away with it.

No she has learnt that you can piss off a judge , and if you cry a bit and lie to him and say your sorry you can get away with it.

I am unsure in what context you are making that reference.

That does not appear to me to be the lesson.

You prefer that she continued to act badly and not to have apologized for her previous bad behaviour?

The whole point of criminal contempt proceedings is to apply coercive measures that correct behaviour. The acknowledgement that such measures have worked is when the contemptor appears before the presiding judge and purges her/his contempt. It is then up to the presiding judge to determine if the apology and/or explanation is sufficient for him to modify his order.