The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Judge throws teen in jail for 30 days for giving him the finger.

nuckin_futz

When the American voting public finally wakes up, gets their head out of their collective asses and realize how much money is being expended for this laughably preposterous war on drugs...which really is nothing more than a thinly veiled crusade against the hippie subculture, then maybe they can release all of these nonviolent drug offenders clogging up the jails and prisons and reserve that room for the violent offenders that have perpetrated unconscionable acts against their fellow man and in the process fix the god damn economy.

All this aside...I'd actually be in favor of a War on Prescription Drug Abuse. Why don't we start by holding these quack psychotherapists and psychiatrists who prescribe Adderall and Ritalin to children as young as 10 years old accountable?. We should start throwing these people in jail in the place of the nonviolent drug offenders. They're waging a war on the wrong drugs. Kids today aren't smoking pot...they're doing meth and snorting Xanax and Oxycontin. If they'd refocus their attention on the ACTUAL problem, maybe they'd get some results.

All this aside...I'd actually be in favor of a War on Prescription Drug Abuse. Why don't we start by holding these quack psychotherapists and psychiatrists who prescribe Adderall and Ritalin to children as young as 10 years old accountable?. We should start throwing these people in jail in the place of the nonviolent drug offenders. They're waging a war on the wrong drugs. Kids today aren't smoking pot...they're doing meth and snorting Xanax and Oxycontin. If they'd refocus their attention on the ACTUAL problem, maybe they'd get some results.

RIGHT ON BROTHER .

I was sent to a psychiatrist in my early teens and she wanted to me to take prescription psych drugs, it was only my parents aversion to that particular therapy that saved me from that BS.

Who is really to blame if an 18 year old girl has a prescription drug habit ?

It doesn't matter if it was her prescription or not, the point still stands that she's got an addiction to prescription drugs and that is the main problem here, not her smart ass attitude or anything else. You want to eliminate a problem, you cut the head off. The head in this case is her addiction to Xanax. Furthermore, you don't solve this problem by throwing her in jail because of an outburst in court, you solve it by sentencing her to rehab or a similar program so she can kick the habit.

It doesn't matter if it was her prescription or not, the point still stands that she's got an addiction to prescription drugs and that is the main problem here, not her smart ass attitude or anything else. You want to eliminate a problem, you cut the head off. The head in this case is her addiction to Xanax. Furthermore, you don't solve this problem by throwing her in jail because of an outburst in court, you solve it by sentencing her to rehab or a similar program so she can kick the habit.

A teenage girl does not reach the age of 18 and just aquire a prescription drug habbit out of the blue.

The reason for her drug habit is very relevant , one which the judge should be trying to ascertain in order to make a balanced judgement , one which will help this girl overcome her problems.

Archived