The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Judge throws teen in jail for 30 days for giving him the finger.

nuckin_futz

Not wrong per se just uninformed and ignorant of the relevant and applicable law, legal principles and legal terminology as it related to the court appearances, citation for and purging of criminal contempt, the criminal charge process,referral to a drug rehab program in lieu of conviction and the differing roles and powers of the two judges involved in Ms. Soto's three appearances in criminal court.

Some of us like discussing more than what banal, superficial elements of a topic than you've repeated ad nauseam.

Every self-backpatting post you continue to make, it's clear you still haven't a clue, which is why virtually no one wants to discuss with you now.

Your literalism, pedantic behaviour, and haughtiness following just about every person's subjective opinion is a detriment to discussion.

As has been mentioned numerous times, there is more to this than law and legal definitions. They are part of the discussion, but they are not all of the discussion. You kill discussion by quoting and requoting and requoting law while belittling anyone who dares have an opinion.

You are allowed to have an opinion on this topic, even if you don't understand the legalities of it. That's ok. And if you can't personally deal with that, maybe you need to keep your mouth (fingers) shut and just be polite.

Since this case was criminal case and involved criminal contempt of court - the law, legal principles and terminology is central to an assessment of what occurred during Ms. Soto's three court appearances.

In such a case knowledge of law, legal principles and legal terminology results in an informed opinion, while ignorance of such things results in an uninformed opinion.

Seems clear.

As has been mentioned numerous times, there is more to this than law and legal definitions. They are part of the discussion, but they are not all of the discussion. You kill discussion by quoting and requoting and requoting law while belittling anyone who dares have an opinion.

You are allowed to have an opinion on this topic, even if you don't understand the legalities of it. That's ok. And if you can't personally deal with that, maybe you need to keep your mouth (fingers) shut and just be polite.

You've seem to confuse opinions, which comprises of most of the posts here, as some assault upon "legal principles" necessitating such responses from you. I'm fairly sure people are both allowed to have "uninformed opinions" and have logical opinions of a case without regard for "legal principles" that you've been so attached to, that you find it necessary to inject upon just about every opinion posted here. What's the point? People obviously understand your beliefs on this subject, if it isn't any clue.. most don't care nor do they need your hand-holding of legalese to be able to form an opinion on a matter.

There may be more in some cases but in this case it was all about the law and legal definitions.

I have never forbade anyone from expressing an opinion I simply commented upon the lack of foundation.

So it is you who thinks I should not express an opinion. Something I have not done. :lol:

Some of us like discussing more than what banal, superficial elements of a topic than you've repeated ad nauseam.

Every self-backpatting post you continue to make, it's clear you still haven't a clue, which is why virtually no one wants to discuss with you now.

Your literalism, pedantic behaviour, and haughtiness following just about every person's subjective opinion is a detriment to discussion.

Really. How else would you interpret this?

...maybe you need to keep your mouth (fingers) shut...

This thread is all about the law and how Ms. Soto came to be arrested, charged and cited for criminal contempt and jailed. Looks like the law to me.

Some posters have gone off course. I have stayed on-topic.

Archived