The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Judge throws teen in jail for 30 days for giving him the finger.

nuckin_futz

He just sent a girl to jail for thirty days for not respecting his authority. How can anyone not think he's a complete douchebag?

I think the girl is dumb as hell. She's a complete basket case. But locking someone away in a CAGE because they do not respect your authority makes you a complete douchebag.

So are we to pretend that her serving 30 days somehow benefits society? Makes us safer? Saves us money? What exactly does it accomplish? Why do you feel it's appropriate to up the fine for attitude?

More of the court's time was spent calling her back and "teaching her a lesson" than if the judge didn't care how kids wearing orange jumpsuits are behaving.

I agree with Zaibatsu here, a moronic justice system on display.

He just sent a girl to jail for thirty days for not respecting his authority. How can anyone not think he's a complete douchebag?

I think the girl is dumb as hell. She's a complete basket case. But locking someone away in a CAGE because they do not respect your authority makes you a complete douchebag.

Yes... an 18 year old with a record and a 10,000 debt to the court - way to start an adult life. All for saying "Adios" and fingering a prick in a black robe.

The only lesson here is not to talk back to authority. Most valuable lesson in North American society these days.

Welcome to the Great American Industrial Prison complex, Penelope .. we have a place and task for everyone who enters .. why, it could even become a "way of life" .. a sad reality ..

Let those who rant on about the "misjustice" rendered now lend their support to comprehensive prison reform ..

Archived