The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Judge throws teen in jail for 30 days for giving him the finger.

nuckin_futz

I see all sorts of shades of grey - that is what one is trained to do as a lawyer - hunt the distinctions. One of the first courses at law school is "Hair Splitting 101".

"My Lord, the Plaintiff in that case was left-handed and as the evidence most clearly shows my client is right-handed so the precedent value of the case cited by my learned friend is much reduced." :lol:

"I have no problems seeing from multiple points of view" Yet you refuse to address this judge's history of temper issues, his being called incompetent, and my god are you blind if you didn't notice he had a chip on his shoulder when the entire situation started. The video of this incident doesn't lie...the guy very clearly has an attitude.

I have never said the law is perfect. I simply set out how it functions in a given case. Call it the realist's approach.

In a criminal contempt in the face of the court situation the judge has virtually untrammelled discretion to exercise his inherent jurisdiction to control the process of his court and that discretion is not subject to appeal.

I see little chance of a civil or any discussion with someone who has demonstrated a clear ability to misapprehend the applicable facts, the law and legal principles that are at issue in the real world.

To be fair, though.....that works both ways....... on the side of the law, too :)

Until .you've walked a mile in THEIR shoes..and view this type of thing from their perspective..your opinion is one-sided, and should be taken with a grain of salt...........both ways, it works both ways :)

And you use "legal principles" loosely. I don't see many principles here, other than going so far to be a douche and wasting the time of two more court/bail hearings to un-do this judge's stupidity.. over nothing. Much theatre with no consideration of a backlogged court system, or crowded jails, due to ego. If this backfires and causes "adios, judge" to be a fad as ronthecivil explained earlier, it would be much better justice and teach this judge (who is in dire need of) a lesson.

Posted · Hidden by canuck2xtreme, February 9, 2013 - Hidden instead of deleted so SuperMods can view it. Pretty obvious trolling... I notice that a lot from this guy
Hidden by canuck2xtreme, February 9, 2013 - Hidden instead of deleted so SuperMods can view it. Pretty obvious trolling... I notice that a lot from this guy

*lalalalala I can't hear you because I have reached my daily limit for BS...try again tomorrow.*

Archived