Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zombieksa

Kiprusoff Injured.

93 posts in this topic

They're not digging themselves out of this hole. Lottery year for them.

HE'S MY ONLY GOALIE IN MY POOL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The ship is sinking in Calgary. Their year is pretty much done without him.

bad luck for Calgary, bad to see a guy like Kipper go down.

They're already last in the West, if he's out for any length of time they are going to do very poorly. I don't have a lot of faith in any of their depth goalies, particularly since it's Calgary in front of them.

They just convincingly beat Detroit, after a game at home versus Chicago where they outshot them 47-19. Emery putting on the performance of his life is the only way that Chicago got that game to OT, where they ended up winning in a SO.

In complete opposite fashion to us, the Flames are showing signs of strength in defeat, whereas we're (IMO) showing signs of weakness in victory.

You've gotta be kidding me if you actually think the flames are going to find "strength" in losing Kipper.

Please, please explain to me how we "showed" signs of "weakness" in our win last night, a win in where we cam back from 2-0, and out shot Edmonton, had solid defense, and goaltending.

They just convincingly beat Detroit, after a game at home versus Chicago where they outshot them 47-19. Emery putting on the performance of his life is the only way that Chicago got that game to OT, where they ended up winning in a SO.

In complete opposite fashion to us, the Flames are showing signs of strength in defeat, whereas we're (IMO) showing signs of weakness in victory.

I won't deny that this is true King, but how long can the desperation mentality hold strong? Irving isn't terrible, but if he has to start for an extended period of time as Kipper is so used to doing, it is one added stress to the team that is already performing as expected in the standings.

-Hansen's goal was a total fluke

-Bieksa's goal to tie came with 2 minutes left

-Losing the whole game (as you referenced)

I'm not saying that they're better without Kipper, although he has not been good at all this year. I'm saying that they've showed signs of strength in defeat, against Chicago and even against us (they were clearly the better team for the final two periods).

They're certainly not as bad as people think they are.