#1 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

Calgary Flames@NHLFlames
Leland Irving is taking over in net. Miikka Kiprusoff (lower body) will not return tonight.

They got the win tonight, but at what cost? Things couldn't get worse for flames.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#2 Peace Bond

Peace Bond

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

They're not digging themselves out of this hole. Lottery year for them.

#3 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

well things could get worse, but they will need a goalie when kippursoff retires.
Posted Image
Drouin#27 Halifax Mooseheads Star

Credit to Canucks Top Scorer

#4 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Well the Flames are screwed now.

zackass.png

#5 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

Seth Jones, pack your winter clothes.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#6 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

HE'S MY ONLY GOALIE IN MY POOL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#7 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

The ship is sinking in Calgary. Their year is pretty much done without him.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

That sucks for the flames. Hope Kipper's alright.
Posted Image

#9 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

bad luck for Calgary, bad to see a guy like Kipper go down.
Posted Image

#10 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

They got the win tonight, but at what cost? Things couldn't get worse for flames.

They just convincingly beat Detroit, after a game at home versus Chicago where they outshot them 47-19. Emery putting on the performance of his life is the only way that Chicago got that game to OT, where they ended up winning in a SO.

In complete opposite fashion to us, the Flames are showing signs of strength in defeat, whereas we're (IMO) showing signs of weakness in victory.

#11 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,309 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

They're already last in the West, if he's out for any length of time they are going to do very poorly. I don't have a lot of faith in any of their depth goalies, particularly since it's Calgary in front of them.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#12 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

POPULAR

They just convincingly beat Detroit, after a game at home versus Chicago where they outshot them 47-19. Emery putting on the performance of his life is the only way that Chicago got that game to OT, where they ended up winning in a SO.

In complete opposite fashion to us, the Flames are showing signs of strength in defeat, whereas we're (IMO) showing signs of weakness in victory.

lol.
You've gotta be kidding me if you actually think the flames are going to find "strength" in losing Kipper.
Please, please explain to me how we "showed" signs of "weakness" in our win last night, a win in where we came back from 2-0, and out shot Edmonton, had solid defense, and goaltending.
Half your points you make are all about statistics, its like you don't even actually watch hockey, you just look at the scoresheet and judge from that point.
You sir, are an idiot.

Edited by Machine Gun Kelly, 05 February 2013 - 08:47 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

POPULAR

God dammit ES can you just shutup with your stupid bull**** already?

Edited by Nas19, 05 February 2013 - 08:39 PM.

#14 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

I won't deny that this is true King, but how long can the desperation mentality hold strong? Irving isn't terrible, but if he has to start for an extended period of time as Kipper is so used to doing, it is one added stress to the team that is already performing as expected in the standings.

I have a love/hate relationship with Calgary mainly because of Iggy. I really hope they decide this is the draft to start rebuilding.

Iggy and Kipper alone could nab calgary 2 first round draft picks, use other assets to pick up a 4th and that is a real quick start to a rebuild in such a strong draft year.

Edited by knoxdown, 05 February 2013 - 08:40 PM.

"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#15 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

You've gotta be kidding me if you actually think the flames are going to find "strength" in losing Kipper.
Please, please explain to me how we "showed" signs of "weakness" in our win last night, a win in where we cam back from 2-0, and out shot Edmonton, had solid defense, and goaltending.

-Hansen's goal was a total fluke
-Bieksa's goal to tie came with 2 minutes left
-Losing the whole game (as you referenced)

#16 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

While I agree we are lucky to be 5-2-2, I saw some positive things in the second half of the Oilers game...and the Tanev celebration afterwards, I think, was a galvinizing monent that will help our guys come together as a team.
Posted Image

#17 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

I won't deny that this is true King, but how long can the desperation mentality hold strong? Irving isn't terrible, but if he has to start for an extended period of time as Kipper is so used to doing, it is one added stress to the team that is already performing as expected in the standings.

I'm not saying that they're better without Kipper, although he has not been good at all this year. I'm saying that they've showed signs of strength in defeat, against Chicago and even against us (they were clearly the better team for the final two periods).

They're certainly not as bad as people think they are.

#18 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Johnny Superbman says Leland Irving will carry the Flames :P

Guess I'll have to change my GDT then

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#19 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,511 posts

-Hansen's goal was a total fluke
-Bieksa's goal to tie came with 2 minutes left
-Losing the whole game (as you referenced)

lol.
Your points are irrelevant.
Hansen's goal was a fluke, yet you praise Hodgson for scoring off his glove?
Since when does the time of a tying goal matter? We ended up winning the game?
So losing the whole game is overall the team playing great, creating a lot of chances but being unable to score only 3 times on a goaltender playing good?
wow.
Nice try though, "-" doesn't make your fact any better either.
Posted Image

#20 Dral

Dral

Puts the Dr in Drunk

• Members
  • 3,454 posts

I'm not saying that they're better without Kipper, although he has not been good at all this year. I'm saying that they've showed signs of strength in defeat, against Chicago and even against us (they were clearly the better team for the final two periods).

Tangible proof you're actually a Flames fan.

Fruits?

Lord Peaches' gut is telling him that the drunken fool, aka Dral, is 100% mafia.

MVP?

Dral is 100% mafia or I will masteb_ _ _ _ a cow and like it

GOATis?

Vig kill dral he never talks like this when he's not mafia.

#21 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Chicago was gassed in that game, btw.
Posted Image

#22 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

Flames are finished..............King of the ES needs to be BANNED HE IS TROLLING

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#23 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Tangible proof you're actually a Flames fan.

Um, no. Merely making a point as a guy who watches a lot of hockey.

The reality is that the Flames have looked good in defeat.

#24 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Flames are finished..............King of the ES needs to be BANNED HE IS TROLLING

You must really be worried about the Canucks, for my well-reasoned post to cause such an emotional reaction.

#25 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

You must really be worried about the Canucks, for my well-reasoned post to cause such an emotional reaction.

LOL @ well-reasoned.
More like, bias, opinionated, knowledge lacking, trolling posts with your one goal to piss Canucks fans, who can unlike you actually back up their facts, off.
You must be really worried about the flames, for you to waste so much time of your life antagonizing fans of the fine Canucks organization.
Posted Image

#26 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Looking more and more like the Flames should have dealt Iginla at last year's deadline. I don't know if they'll be able to fetch enough for him to expedite a rebuild. I do like that the Flames have some young talent coming up in Backlund, Horak and Baertschi but this year is clearly a write off. The question is, what current assets do they have that could be dealt to start a rebuild ... Iginla? Glencross? Cammalleri? none of which are particularly attractive, at the deadline or otherwise.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#27 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

Irving looked good in relief. With Hartley's system it doesn't matter who's in net. Collapse as soon as the puck is near the crease

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#28 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Looking more and more like the Flames should have dealt Iginla at last year's deadline. I don't know if they'll be able to fetch enough for him to expedite a rebuild. I do like that the Flames have some young talent coming up in Backlund, Horak and Baertschi but this year is clearly a write off. The question is, what current assets do they have that could be dealt to start a rebuild ... Iginla? Glencross? Cammalleri? none of which are particularly attractive, at the deadline or otherwise.

Glencross could fetch a 2nd or 3rd round pick.. Cammalleri will have his suitors. People need offence and Cammalleri will answer it for them.. Same with Iginla..

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#29 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

Out-shot Edmonton 40-25

"Shows signs of weakness in victory"

I guess King didn't watch the 2nd and 3rd periods last night.

zackass.png

#30 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

I'm not sure why you're saying that. They're 2-3-2 and looked very good in OT losses to us and Chicago. They've didn't have Hudler or Cervenka for the first 3 games. Kiprusoff has not played well.

Calgary's actions over the last year or two suggest that they're not really interested in an Edmonton-style rebuild.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.