The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kiprusoff Injured.

zombieksa

My dad was a huge Montreal Canadiens fan back in the 70's. He used to get frustrated with them because they would 'only play well in the 3rd' on many nights. Time and again, they would get some lucky bounce, a flukey goal or just suddenly show up for a few minutes and then win the game. The Habs won 6 SC in that decade.

I guess really good teams win games even when they're playing like s***.

This is an outright lie. I said that it would not surprise me, which is a major difference. I did predict that the Canucks would miss the playoffs, but I did not predict that Calgary "would" win the division.

And I wouldn't be too cocky, if I were you. Vancouver has only won 2/9 games in regulation time. 2 of their wins have come in shootouts. This is what I mean by "weakness in victory".

My dad was a huge Montreal Canadiens fan back in the 70's. He used to get frustrated with them because they would 'only play well in the 3rd' on many nights. Time and again, they would get some lucky bounce, a flukey goal or just suddenly show up for a few minutes and then win the game. The Habs won 6 SC in that decade.

I guess really good teams win games even when they're playing like s***.

Mind you, they are without the best, if not, the 2nd best defenceman the NHL has ever seen, in Nicklas Lidstrom, and they lost Brian Rafalski a year before that. 2 of the NHL's top 50 defensemen of all time gone. Along with the best net presence in Tomas Holmsrom. Just like that. You tell me how a team recovers like that and still somehow manages to be at .500 level.

In five years, Detroit will be a middle of the pack, rebuild team. Datsyuk and Zetterberg will be gone/old. Kronwall will be in his mid 30s. Same with Franzen. Dunno how Jimmy Howard will hold down the fort with the loss of their D and arguably the best two way forward in the NHL.

Also for the record, Detroit at 9 points are 3 points out of 3rd and Calgary with the win is a couple points out of a playoff spot with games in hand. You don't write teams off or pigeon hole them when 5-7 points seperate the conference and there is 4/5 of the season yet to play. That's for Dazzle and Dral that don't seem to understand how numbers work.

I don't think Kiprusoff is as important to the Flames as many people think. Calgary doesn't give up a lot of shots to begin with, so they really limit opponents to low percentage plays. You have to be really skilled to make plays in their zone (Henrik and Daniel have made Kiprusoff look stupid many times) because they box forecheckers to the walls and dig the puck out.

I don't understand this Hartley "system". They look like they are playing the exact same game as last year, with a few changes in personnel.

I have said it before, Calgary has to win in regulation. No OT/SO wins. Unless they overtake the Canucks for the division lead, there are only 5 playoff spots up for grabs with 7-8 teams vying for them. Giving up points to the opposition, even loser points, might bite them later.

Like one said we limit opponents to low shots so a fundamentally sound goalie like Irving might really shine under this system.

We are definitely more exciting to watch than last year even in losses. We play an agressive forecheck and letting the Dmen jump into the play at all times. It creates a lot more chances and it's one of the most exciting team this organization has iced in a while.

Like one said we limit opponents to low shots so a fundamentally sound goalie like Irving might really shine under this system.

We are definitely more exciting to watch than last year even in losses. We play an agressive forecheck and letting the Dmen jump into the play at all times. It creates a lot more chances and it's one of the most exciting team this organization has iced in a while.

Archived