The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

With Luongo, i thought it was not about the regular season

Ashmon

I'm sure most would agree that Luongo is playing some good hockey now. This is not surprising since he has consistently played well in the regular season since he joined the Canucks. He might of had slow starts (except for this year) but eventually got out of the funk and started playing well. Having said that, he has also had a history of playing horrible in the playoffs the past few seasons. I thought this was the reason Gillis decided it was time to move Luongo. So I'm really not sure where Gillis is going with this. Schneider might of had a couple of bad games but he is still playing 500 hockey (2-2) and had 1 shutout. He should be able to get us into the playoffs especially when Kesler/Booth get back in the lineup. Perhaps Gillis has just not got the offer he's looking for yet but that is no reason to sit out Schneider for so long. He is supposed to be our #1 goalie.

horrible?

he was the goalie we had 2 years ago who got to the stanley cup final game 7. He had 2 shutouts in the game final series and our team was once tied with Boston dispite being outscore like 4-12 or something like that.

and all the sudden Luongo is horrible in playoff and Schneider, a goalie who played a grant total of eight playoff game, is proven and will carry us into the playoff...

jesus christ who let these people register on Cdc?

horrible?

he was the goalie we had 2 years ago who got to the stanley cup final game 7. He had 2 shutouts in the game final series and our team was once tied with Boston dispite being outscore like 4-12 or something like that.

and all the sudden Luongo is horrible in playoff and Schneider, a goalie who played a grant total of eight playoff game, is proven and will carry us into the playoff...

jesus christ who let these people register on Cdc?

inability to score 5 on 5, pour coverage in our own end of the rink and inability to rise to the occasion, bounced us out of the play-offs more than Lu's bad play. Which i might add was cause by bad coverage....we didn't limit quality chances.

He does play amazing playoff games. But his high save % gets bolstered by brilliant games mixed with horrible outings.

Isn't the point of having a great goalie to be someone to bail you out when the team can't score? Look at his save percentage in Boston and Chicago, or count how many last minute goals he has let in. He is a premier goalie,but has a history of not making the big save in big games. Can that be denied?

He does play amazing playoff games. But his high save % gets bolstered by brilliant games mixed with horrible outings.

Isn't the point of having a great goalie to be someone to bail you out when the team can't score? Look at his save percentage in Boston and Chicago, or count how many last minute goals he has let in. He is a premier goalie,but has a history of not making the big save in big games. Can that be denied?

Yep, I agree. Goalie can't bail you out all the time. But after losing 8-1, 4-0, 5-2 and 4-0 in finals, it is legitimate to question the goalies ability to perform in playoffs. Especially when this has occurred in the past in other situations.

errr, dude, after losing 8-1, 4-0, 5-2 and 4-0 in the final, and the team still managed to get to game 7??

and there, you are questioning the goalie's ability to perform in playoff, and those scores has nothing to do with how fack up our injuries were or how bad the reffing was?

have you ever wonder how the hell could the team get to game 7 with those kind of score? And somehow, somewhere on earth, there is a person, or multiple guy, think getting to game 7 with this kind of score has nothing to do with the ability of our goalie keeping the team in game for the last minute with his last breath.

Archived