The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

With Luongo, i thought it was not about the regular season

Ashmon

Didn't shut the door for Canada or it wouldn't have reached ot.

Did u watch the Nashville series. We shut them down as a team and the only way they were scoring was from behind the net. Solid goals lol

Lu is a regular season Allstar and a playoff bum. Seen it way to many times. Trade him while he's hot so we can actually get something for him and end this talk

horrible?

he was the goalie we had 2 years ago who got to the stanley cup final game 7. He had 2 shutouts in the game final series and our team was once tied with Boston dispite being outscore like 4-12 or something like that.

and all the sudden Luongo is horrible in playoff and Schneider, a goalie who played a grant total of eight playoff game, is proven and will carry us into the playoff...

jesus christ who let these people register on Cdc?

AV should've pulled Lu in games 3 & 4. I went to game 5 and Lui was amazing, i hear people say oh AV should've put schneider in net for gm 6 in bean town, but how can 1 say that when 2 of your 3 wins have been by a shutout. Lui should've of been pulled a lot sooner in gm 6 maybe wouldn't have given the bruins so much swagger going into gm7.

Bad coaching mistakes and horrible offense and injured=Lou is a horrible playoff goalie. Oh how media and Shi!!y fans start crazy stories.

Ok so here is my rebuttal and again sorry for posting info that I didn't double check.

Good eye's beer&meat and DeNiro

2008 did not make playoffs and I could not find his save % for the last six games but the nucks gave up 4.16 goals per game and Lou played all six.

.882 2009 vs Chicago

.896 2010 vs Chicago.

.832 2011 vs Boston

In 2008 we missed the playoffs by 9 points so the last six games had little importance but stats are there none the less and shows how he finished the year.

The point I was trying to make and is still valid is that although he is a great goalie most of the time he is known for falling apart in the playoffs and the stats back it up. You can make any reasoning as to why he falls apart but the point is it happens every year. Save % under .86 and we are not going to win.

Ok so here is my rebuttal and again sorry for posting info that I didn't double check.

2008 did not make playoffs and I could not find his save % for the last six games but the nucks gave up 4.16 goals per game and Lou played all six.

.882 2009 vs Chicago

.896 2010 vs Chicago.

.832 2011 vs Boston

In 2008 we missed the playoffs by 9 points so the last six games had little importance but stats are there none the less and shows how he finished the year.

The point I was trying to make and is still valid is that although he is a great goalie most of the time he is known for falling apart in the playoffs and the stats back it up. You can make any reasoning as to why he falls apart but the point is it happens every year. Save % under .86 and we are not going to win.

You can look at it any way you want but the way I look at it is if the goalie is not making the saves your chance of winning is low. Although a small sample size Cory's % is great in the losses and he did give them a chance to win. Goaltending is the most important position in hockey and teams live or die with there goalie, Lou has not cut it in series we were eliminated in.

Couldn't agree more.. It seems as tho everyone had forgot why we are getting rid of Lou and keeping Cory.. He falters in the playoffs every year, at some point, an it costs us.. Of course he will play well in the reg season but he can't get it done in the playoffs.. Time to trade Lou and I've Cory the starts... If mg can't get this done, then I'm gonna start questions his ability as a gm

Stop looking at his stats n % ffs... watch the games. When the team needs a big stop luongo is ALWAYS there. There isn't a goalie in the league that does that better than Luongo. (I obviously haven't watched every other goalie play hundreds of games for their team... I just can't believe anyone makes more timely saves than luongo does for us)

If the team scored ZERO goals wtfdoes it matter if we lose 8-0 or 3-0 ... a loss is a loss. When a team can't score they lose.

So easy to put high scoring games on the goalie. Especially as time goes on, people just look at how many goals were given up and assume it was all the goalies fault. I remember how absolutely atrocious the entire team played in those games, essentially hanging Luongo out to dry. The amount of odd man rushes given up was just ridiculous.

If Luongo doesn't put up two 1-0 shutouts against Boston we are lucky to even see a game 5.

How about his unbelievable performance in game 7 against Chicago?

Luongo has won more elimination games in his pro career than he has lost...The dude has a gold medal in a game that went to OT for crying out loud.

28 other starting goalies didn't win the Stanley Cup either each year. Guess they are all chokers!

Don't get me wrong, he could have made more saves at times. However, it would have been irrelevant against Boston since the team couldn't score any goals! How can you possibly put the Stanley Cup loss on him when the team scored 3 goals in the 4 losing games? lol...

The only elimination game i'll say Lu probably cost us was the 7-5 loss vs Chicago.

Good eye's beer&meat and DeNiro

.882 2009 vs Chicago

.896 2010 vs Chicago.

.832 2011 vs Boston

For those in the "Luongo chokes in the big game" camp, I dug up an interesting stat. I think performance in Game 7's is generally a good measure of how well a goalie plays when it's all on the line.

Luongo has played 3. Dallas ('07), Chicago ('11) and Boston ('11).

His stats in those 3 games?

2-1, 1.62 GAA, .931 SV%

Small sample size, but not too shabby.

I just wish we would trade him so he doesn't have to put up with such a crappy fan base. He deserves better.

Guy has the best playoff win percentage in Canucks history and we blame him for every loss. He holds almost every record in net for the franchise and it was achieved because of the team but when the team craps the bed then the stats are his to take. Plain ridiculous.

Archived