The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

With Luongo, i thought it was not about the regular season

Ashmon

errr, dude, after losing 8-1, 4-0, 5-2 and 4-0 in the final, and the team still managed to get to game 7??

and there, you are questioning the goalie's ability to perform in playoff, and those scores has nothing to do with how fack up our injuries were or how bad the reffing was?

have you ever wonder how the hell could the team get to game 7 with those kind of score? And somehow, somewhere on earth, there is a person, or multiple guy, think getting to game 7 with this kind of score has nothing to do with the ability of our goalie keeping the team in game for the last minute with his last breath.

Look at this if you like stats.

Lou's last six games in the playoffs by year.

2007-08 - Last 6 games: 4.59 GAA, 0.837 Sv%

2008-09 - Last 6 games: 3.31 GAA, 0.879 Sv%

2009-10 - Last 6 games: 3.52 GAA, 0.897 Sv%

2010-11 - Last 6 games: 4.12 GAA, 0.864 Sv%

Debunked? Myth? No and no.

Look at this if you like stats.

Lou's last six games in the playoffs by year.

2007-08 - Last 6 games: 4.59 GAA, 0.837 Sv%

2008-09 - Last 6 games: 3.31 GAA, 0.879 Sv%

2009-10 - Last 6 games: 3.52 GAA, 0.897 Sv%

2010-11 - Last 6 games: 4.12 GAA, 0.864 Sv%

Debunked? Myth? No and no.

you are picking the game where the canucks exit the playoff as "evidence" on how bad Luongo is. But you never look at how Luongo perform when the team wins.

This is call Cherry picking data. Somehow, you think those games the team won weren't important and are easy games, so the performance in those games are useless.

care to explain, face to face, how the hell did the team get to game 7 in the SCF series after being outscore ... let me calculate for you, 8:23

in case if you manage to overlook this again, i will make the numbers bigger for you.

8 to 23

the canucks had managed to get to game 7, and tied the series TWICE, despite being outscored THREE TIMES.

Please, tell me how did the team get to game 7 without Luongo?

He does play amazing playoff games. But his high save % gets bolstered by brilliant games mixed with horrible outings.

Isn't the point of having a great goalie to be someone to bail you out when the team can't score? Look at his save percentage in Boston and Chicago, or count how many last minute goals he has let in. He is a premier goalie,but has a history of not making the big save in big games. Can that be denied?

Your right, I pulled this from another user last week and didn't double check it after checking it I can see that's its wrong. I apologize for posting something I didn't double check.

I double checked the Boston series and his save % was .832 for the last six games (even lower) then the info I pulled from the other member. I will update the compleat post with information I can verify in the morrning.

I had no intention of trying to mislead anyone and i should have double checked but I'm betting the save % I calculate will not be pretty.

Luongo has a history of winning multiple key games single handedly.

Chicago Game 7 - biggest game to date in franchise history, his team craps the bed in front of him, Hossa gets a breakaway, Canucks score 2 goals in over 60 minutes of play and Luongo has to make 30+ saves of high quality.

San Jose series - Luongo gets shelled, something like 54 shots against and he holds us to OT when we only score off a lucky bounce.

Boston series - Vancouver not only scores just 8 goals in 7 games, but lets up an unbelievable number of odd-man rushes against Lu. If we had any other goalie, this would have been a sweep. Instead, he posts a couple of 1-0 shutouts where our team deserved to be beaten 4 or 5-1 on both nights, and keeps us in a 3-2 OT game.

also in nash series, he had better numbers than Rinne.

undefeated in 2010 olympics, won every gm he started, including 3 elimination games. maybe not single handedly winning them, but he didnt choke like Brodeur vs USA. Even when slovaks got close late, he closed the door. OT gold medal gm, closed the door.

World cup 2004 semifinal, OT, shut the czechs down

Plenty of track record in best on best games. meanwhile, cory has one win in cup playoffs, pulled a groin in another start and AHL final to show for. i think cory has potential to be a great goalie, but to say he is better is just not true. he played better than lui last yr, so he earned his starts. but when the pressure of being #1 is on, he crap the bed in gm 1. he did bounce back, but lui played even better. there's no controversy. legit franchise goalie is playing. cory has to steal the job back.

Archived