The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[CONCERN] Cody Hodgson has more points than any other player on the Canucks this season..so far

Swedish Vikings

Hodgson is going to be one of the best players in the league. Many here won't like it, but that's the plain truth. Eventually it will go down as one of the worst trades. And get used to it because we still talk about the Neely trade. I was extremely disappointed we ditched Hodgson and I don't buy the rumours/crap people post about that here. Cody didn't fit into the current team gameplan/culture and got moved for someone who did. But Cody IS the better player.

Just sayin.

Holy crap the amount of hate Hodgson has from this fanbase..

Hodgson isn't a player that sucks. Him and Kassian have different elements to their games. Stop comparing him with Kassian and saying that Kassian is better because he brings physicality and concussed Ben Eager. That is not a fair and legitimate comparison. Hodgson doesn't fight. He doesn't hit. You people bringing this up saying Kassian is better doesn't mean that he is better. It just means that Kassian has the size and playing style to be able to do so. Hodgson is more focused on the offensive skill side. He is a playmaker, sniper, and has incredible hockey vision and IQ. His offensive awareness is unmatched and cannot be taught. That is the difference. Hodgson is known for offence. He is suppose to bring offence. Not hitting. Not fighting.

I think many of us will agree that winning is all that matters. Sedin's got their scoring titles, Canuck's got the presidents trophy, been there, done that. Let's get a cup now, that's our main focus. Couldn't care less about any scoring titles or statistics

Can't we all just accept that this trade worked out for both teams?

Kassian brings an element to this team we haven't seen since...well Bertuzzi. Suddenly we're fighting more often and the Sedins are even checking. I'm not saying its directly because of his game, but this wasn't there last year. I'd rather this team have someone who can be consistent in all aspects rather than one aspect. We've strongly needed this kind of player and we acquired him.

I'm not going to deny the fact that I was upset when we traded Hodgson but it looks like it will work out for both teams. Vancouver and Buffalo both got what they wanted.

Holy crap the amount of hate Hodgson has from this fanbase..

Hodgson isn't a player that sucks. Him and Kassian have different elements to their games. Stop comparing him with Kassian and saying that Kassian is better because he brings physicality and concussed Ben Eager. That is not a fair and legitimate comparison. Hodgson doesn't fight. He doesn't hit. You people bringing this up saying Kassian is better doesn't mean that he is better. It just means that Kassian has the size and playing style to be able to do so. Hodgson is more focused on the offensive skill side. He is a playmaker, sniper, and has incredible hockey vision and IQ. His offensive awareness is unmatched and cannot be taught. That is the difference. Hodgson is known for offence. He is suppose to bring offence. Not hitting. Not fighting.

One of the best in the league? That's pretty funny.

The fact that he only has 4 more points in one more game than Kassian, isn't that impressive. He is a year older, and supposed to be the superior offensive player after all. He's also playing with the league's leading scorer.

Kassian brings more to the table than Hodgson. Sorry if you can't come to terms with that. But being a better player, doesn't mean scoring 4 more points. It means playing at both ends of the rink, playing physical, and sticking up for teammates. Those are all aspects of being a good player.

That's certainly debatable. We've already seen Hodgson thrive without the Sedins. Can the same be said for Kassian? Until Kassian can show that he isn't a product of the twins, I'm inclined to say that Hodgson is the better player. Of course there are other things to consider but until Kassian can demonstrate he can play a similar game, with similar offensive results, without the twins, I think Cody wins this argument.

It is funny how people compare Kassian and Hodgson, they are 2 completely differen't players, and just because Kassian fights and racks up more penalty mins, he is the better player? What? So by this logic that would mean Kassian is the Canucks best player, and he is even better then the Sedins? :picard: The Sedins don't hit or fight so that means they suck like Hodgson and Kassian is the Canucks best player, yikes this team is doomed.

So we switch them back. Do you think CoHo would have 10 points on this canucks line up beeing juggeled between the 2nd and 3rd line, playing with mayray, Hansen and occasionally as a winger because AV suddenly thinks Burrows is a center? Also, with CoHo on the roster, Schroeder plays in Chicago...

And vice versa, would Kassian have 5 goals on the Sabres line up? No, I don't think so

Archived