Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

[CONCERN] Cody Hodgson has more points than any other player on the Canucks this season..so far

Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
116 replies to this topic

#91 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

Ok then... well tanev has more goals than kessle and kassian has the same amount of goals as ovi does points. So in your eyes; kassian tanev >>>>>> kessle ovechkin

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#92 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

Well his game has always revolved around passing and hockey sense. So when he's in the offensive zone, he's gonna have no problem setting up plays. But when it comes to beating guys to the puck, back checking, and winning puck battles, that part of his game will likely always be lacking to some degree. That's just not the type of player he is. His poor skating stride and lack of agressiveness will never allow him to be that kind of player. Which there's nothing wrong with, but at this point this team needs more guys like Kesler, and less guys like Hodgson.

I'm a Kassian fan; but I was a CoHo fan first. Kassian played extremely hard in his stint with the Twins, very impressive.

I personally dislike the slagging CoHo gets. No he does not have the explosive athleticism of the leagues top players; which is what separates him from a star player at one end, and many CDC'ers wish that he also be an effective guy pressuring the puck.

But he's not the liability he's made out to be. He also steals a surprising amount of pucks, plays positionally waaaay better than CDC gives him credit for, can dangle like few others, and has the gifted vision and passing of an elite player. Key is always who you play a guy with; he's not going to have to dig as much if he has the right winger, say a Burrows. Teams rarely score when you have the puck. Rarer is the guy who has the repertoire of shots he has to keep guys honest; even a great goal scorer like Danny does not have that wicked slap shot!

I have watched some Buffalo games, including the one Vanek scored 5 points in. Hodgy had a primary assist and blasted home a massive shot from just inside the circle. What he also brings is puck control. They hang on until Vanek gets to crash the net; Hodgson is more of an influence than given credit for.

Hey, Vanek and Pommy have never been on such a hot streak until the played with Hodgson. Much like most guys on a slump playin with Kess last year came out of it dropping down to play with this bum. Just sayin...

On a better note; Kassian and Hodgson would have made a great pair! :rolleyes: Kassian wasn't scoring like this till he had a sick playmaker to reward him for his work!

Tomas Vanek: 19 Points Jason Pominville: 14 Points Cody Hodgson: 10 Points Not trying to knock Cody cause I think he has gotten better but you can clearly see Cody has benefited, and even then he isn't quite at there level.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 06 February 2013 - 04:54 AM.

#93 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

Oh; to the OP.

I agree with most. I hope mods note the very troll like nature of many items you could be quoted for in this thread.

#94 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:22 AM

Nice to see we agree AV is a goof ball.
Cody has benefited big time from Vanek. And from watching him he is a turnover machine defensively. He just doesn't have the defensive instincts to be "One of the best in the league" as SE said and his offensive skill though high isn't high enough to make up for it.

Nah,Gillis is the goof.AV just plays his fiddle.
Does not look uber smart keeping the Cody hate when the kid is 20th in league scoring.

#95 Goal:thecup

Goal:thecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

Nah,Gillis is the goof.AV just plays his fiddle.
Does not look uber smart keeping the Cody hate when the kid is 20th in league scoring.

Nay, nuck nit is the goof.

Not surprising he supports Swedish Vikings, I mean King of the ES, wait a minute... Swedish Vikings joined January 24, 2013; when was KoES suspended?

Content: Both Cody and Zack are good players; Zack is also bigger, faster, younger, tougher, and more fun.

Kassian can also be one of the boys; Cody will have another glass of milk by himself.

#96 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

Well if we wanna keep winning President's trophies and be a high scoring team, sure we should have kept Hodgson.
If we wanna add pieces that will help us adapt our game in the playoffs, then Kassian is the clear choice.
How many times do we have to go into the playoffs with undersized skilled players before we realize that you can't win in the playoffs without size and grit?
Hodgson would not have made a difference for us, contrary to what some people may argue. Sure he may of scored a goal or two in that series.....

Schroeder and Ebbett say hello.
Until Gillis lost interest in Ehrhoff we were a beat them on the PP team.
Signing one guy that can fight is not going to make us a cup contender.
Gillis should have protected the Sedins three or four years ago,when this team was truly remarkable.
Nobody was going to help the Canucks with Ehrhoff gone and Kes gone and Coho gone.Kassian was a dough boy and played 3 minutes per playoff game on the fourth line.I am sure CoHo would have done better than that.If I recall Kassian did not even have a shot on net in the playoffs.

#97 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

Nay, nuck nit is the goof.
Both Cody and Zack are good players; Zack is also bigger, faster, younger, tougher, and more fun.
Kassian can also be one of the boys; Cody will have another glass of milk by himself.

I take it you are not a rep from the milk board.
Half the Canucks team are Christians and the other half are married.
Zach is going to find it hard being one of the boys in church and with the babies crying,which brings us back to you.

#98 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:10 AM

Cody is playing with a very hot Vanek. Here's he would have never played top minutes with two winger like VAnek and Pominville. He would have replaced Kesler to start, but after he would have played with Hansen and Higgins.

Difference with Hodgson-Vanek and the Sedins, usually when the Sedins are over 1PPG, we win the majority of our games, not the case for Buffalo.

#99 Goal:thecup

Goal:thecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

I take it you are not a rep from the milk board.
Half the Canucks team are Christians and the other half are married.
Zach is going to find it hard being one of the boys in church and with the babies crying,which brings us back to you.

So the Canucks that are Christians are unmarried?
Wasn't there a "go forth and multiply" directive from their god?

Christians and married guys drink only milk?
Have you ever been on a road trip with your hockey team?

Kassian is much better than Hodgson for our team and one of the reasons is he has grown up and is his own man.
Cody, at least when he was with Vancouver, was still tied to his father's apron strings.

#100 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

Cody is playing with a very hot Vanek. Here's he would have never played top minutes with two winger like VAnek and Pominville. He would have replaced Kesler to start, but after he would have played with Hansen and Higgins.

Difference with Hodgson-Vanek and the Sedins, usually when the Sedins are over 1PPG, we win the majority of our games, not the case for Buffalo.

Ive had vanek I'm fantasy the past couple of seasons. Whomever is the lucky third man on that line benefits for a couple months then gets the boot. Vanek and pom stay hot until vanek gets worm down midway through the season and becomes day to day. Pom pom then struggles while vanek disappears blaming his lack of production on nagging injuries. Buffalo misses the playoffs.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#101 Spodermen

Spodermen

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

Lol

#102 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:35 AM

Riding Vanek & Pominvilles coattails alway to the bank

#103 laxgoalie

laxgoalie

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

Posted Image

It's been 9 games....

6104d373-1a23-4efe-aa1c-cc63679010d4_zps716fa427-d766-42cf-a22d-90b1f8e9d39e_zps

#104 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

Lets all hope that Cody Hodgson has a great career! I don't begrudge him the slightest for getting traded. Who really knows what went on behind the scenes anyways - use your own head when you make emotions, it's better than trying to use someone else's!

I don't think anybody can be disappointed with Kassian this year so far.

There is no reason both can't be great players. Kassian fits the role our team needs a little more.

Come on OP...

advantages to that trade: toughness (which is why we probably lost that SCF imho)

disadvantages: none that I can see. both equally skilled players. we didn't need a playmaking center as much as a tough winger. you cannot disagree here.

#105 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,459 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

[CONCERN] Despite Vanek ripping up the league, Buffalo still can't buy a win.
Posted Image

#106 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 for the signature.

#107 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

Cody has benefited big time from Vanek. And from watching him he is a turnover machine defensively. He just doesn't have the defensive instincts to be "One of the best in the league" as SE said and his offensive skill though high isn't high enough to make up for it.

You sure about that? Because it seems to be quite the opposite. Vanek is coming off his least productive year in the NHL since being a rookie, yet he's now got 19 points in 9 games.

Who's benefiting who?

#108 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

Same could be said the other way, Cody still needs to prove he isn't a product of Vanek and Pominville.

He was our 2nd leading goal-scorer while playing on the 3rd line, ~10 minutes per game.

What does that tell you?

#109 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

The reason why I didn't like this trade was because of the timing. This trade was supposedly going to help our team for a cup run, which clearly wasn't the case. Hodgson was exactly what this team needed going into the playoffs, a player who was able to generate scoring opportunities and get that secondary scoring, in which the Canucks lack come playoffs.

Agree. Reasonable trade to make, dumb timing. I don't buy for a second that Kassian was only made available for a "one-day only" type of deal. Buffalo would've taken that trade all summer long.

#110 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,222 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:15 AM

CONCERN CONCERN CONCERN IS RAISED :picard:

There's a very simple solution for you: Become a Sabre's fan.

Cody doesn't play here anymore. I could give a rats tush what he does.
Posted Image

#111 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,459 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

Damn. I thought King was banned.
Posted Image

#112 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,222 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:32 AM

Agree. Reasonable trade to make, dumb timing. I don't buy for a second that Kassian was only made available for a "one-day only" type of deal. Buffalo would've taken that trade all summer long.

There was evidence to the contrary which has already been posted in other threads. Buffalo was desperate for a center at the trade deadline as they were only 3 wins out of a playoff spot.
Posted Image

#113 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,222 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:32 AM

Damn. I thought King was banned.

Just like a bad cold, he keeps coming back.
Posted Image

#114 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,222 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

Ok then... well tanev has more goals than kessle and kassian has the same amount of goals as ovi does points. So in your eyes; kassian tanev >>>>>> kessle ovechkin

You forgot to add this.... :frantic:
Posted Image

#115 dinga

dinga

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

Sabres have 7 points. Canucks have 12. So.... who cares about COHO's point total?

#116 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

Autism +Man

Simple question, is autism a joke to you?

zuhwS.gif

#117 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 24,246 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

Quit playing games SV.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.