#1 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

heres what i dont get canuck fans

here we have a guy who obviously told his agent to say this otherwise his agent had no right in saying this.....

And a guy named Luongo who actaully showed class in this situation

before you start to back up schiender and say no schiender had nothing to do with this statement give your head a shake..........

What scheinders agent did is class-less and what Gillis said is comical.........

ooo Cory knows how much faith we have in were just riding the hot hand this that........

how much more can Luongo take.......... just leave luongo demand a trade this organization shows you no respect........

#2 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

POPULAR

I don't hate Schneider but he hasn't, doesn't and never will compare to Roberto Luongo in any sense of the game. Luongo is one of the classiest players in the NHL, has handled one of the toughest situations ever with such grace and is this city's saviour - Schneider will never be the same.

He should be proud he's being mentioned in the same sentence as Luongo now because no matter how great his career is, he will be hard pressed to end up a top-10 NHL goalie of all time like Roberto will be. This kid has a long way to go and a lot of luck to gain if he wants to be at Luongo's level ever.
Posted Image

#3 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

POPULAR

CDC's By-Polar and bias reactions:

When Roberto wants more playing time: "He is a very fierce competitor"

When Schneider wants more playing time: "He is an immature whiner"

zackass.png

#4 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,318 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

OMG why has he been invisible for the past 3 games, trade him for Malkin, Crosby & Ovechkin...

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#5 vv2

vv2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

Yeah i'm not really impressed by how he's dealing with this situation but not everyone can be like Lu.
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#6 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

I don't hate Schneider but he hasn't, doesn't and never will compare to Roberto Luongo in any sense of the game. Luongo is one of the classiest players in the NHL, has handled one of the toughest situations ever with such grace and is this city's saviour - Schneider will never be the same.

He should be proud he's being mentioned in the same sentence as Luongo now because no matter how great his career is, he will be hard pressed to end up a top-10 NHL goalie of all time like Roberto will be. This kid has a long way to go and a lot of luck to gain if he wants to be at Luongo's level ever.

its like everyones been hit over the head with 2x4's... its luongo not god

#7 10Bure14Burrows

10Bure14Burrows

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

I 100% agree with u .
Forever Canuck !

#8 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

POPULAR

Shouldn't we love both of them?

#9 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

POPULAR

The Anti-Schneider bias on this board is just downright embarrassing.

zackass.png

#10 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

Yay! Yete is back!

#11 vv2

vv2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

CDC's By-Polar and bias reactions:

When Roberto wants more playing time: "He is a very fierce competitor"

When Schneider wants more playing time: "He is an immature whiner"

Lu never got his agent involved
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#12 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

Lu never got his agent involved

Schneids Agent is a dumbass. He should have known this was a clear possibility and just accepted it like Schneids has, he is handling it like a pro and when he gets the opportunity to jump back into the net, he will shine.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 06 February 2013 - 01:33 AM.

zackass.png

#13 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

A Stanley cup and a Vezina and/or Conn Smythe might get him there or further, and in a hurry.

zackass.png

#14 Disaronno

Disaronno

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

The Anti-Schneider bias on this board is just downright embarrassing.

So are your comments regarding a trade of Luongo. I've never seen anyone have so much faith in a goaltender who has so little experience.

Schneider is unproven and will fetch a way better return. Stick with Luongo, he's not gonna forget how to save pucks; its a team game.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm1018201335

1190007304.png CDC STHS GM ||||| small.png CDCFL GM ||||| small.png EHL GM

#15 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

http://www.vancouver...7331/story.html

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415287

read both.

#16 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:41 AM

So are your comments regarding a trade of Luongo. I've never seen anyone have so much faith in a goaltender who has so little experience.

Schneider is unproven and will fetch a way better return. Stick with Luongo, he's not gonna forget how to save pucks; its a team game.

and can you please explain how that works?

#17 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,934 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

Isn't that bass ackwards? Wouldn't a proven goalie fetch more than an unproven goalie????
Posted Image

#18 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:44 AM

Luongos contract and age and ntc doesn't make him easy to trade. Just ask Nonis. How do you expect Lu to act during this time except to play for and with his teammates that's known for a long time. Lu isn't dumb, he knows not every team can afford or is willing to give up alot to take him otherwise he would have been gone by now. So all this whining and crying over Scneider make you guys look as much as a baby as anyone. I hope Schneider does get traded so I don't have read the cry babies comments and posts over and over.

#19 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,074 posts

POPULAR

Two vastly different scenarios here:

1.Getting benched in the playoffs because you're down 0-3, demanding a trade (supposedly) and/or being asked to waive one's NTC (we're really not clear on what went on there, but something clearly went on), then not being traded, but not making a big stink about it. Then lengthy lockout, all kinds of speculation, suddenly the season starts and you ain't traded and now you're back starting.

2.Being named the starter coming out of said playoffs for the first time in your career, signing your first NHL contract with the expectation you will start and the other guy will be traded, lockout intervenes, guy doesn't get traded, lose your starting job after what, four games? Now you're right back where you were as 1b, starting a third of the games.

Totally different situations, to be handled differently. If Schneider is going to be going 5+ games, or if Lu is going to be going 5+ games without a start, there's gonna be tension. Schneider will be feeling it more because these are his prime years, he's already 26, he's given up three or four of his best years to be Lu's backup and he's always done right by this franchise. Meanwhile for Lu, it's all gravy. He's been pretty much everywhere you can be as a goalie in this league: an afterthought on a basement team, a star on a lousy team, a huge star in a hockey town, reviled in a hockey town, a national hero, a hated foe, a punch line, a joker himself, an afterthought, trade bait, and now something else: a phoenix, maybe? What's Schneider done? What's he been given the opportunity to do? The Canucks need to do right by the kid. Maybe not now, but during the summer it's got to be resolved, it's not fair to the goalies to put them through this every game.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#20 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

What comments? Its clear we have made up our minds Luongo is going, we have tested Schneider and he has passed with flying colours everytime.

I can't wait till he earns the net back and plays well, so you don't have the "unproven" excuse to use rather than admitting he is a very good goalie and has overtaken what DownUnda considers to be a "top 10 goalie of all time" in this market.

zackass.png

#21 Disaronno

Disaronno

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

and can you please explain how that works?

1. Youth
2. Dominance at the AHL level
3. Can play at the NHL level with potential to be a starter
4. Reasonable contract

(= better return)

#22 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,729 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

POPULAR

Shouldn't we love both of them?

Sadly "fans" in this city can't grasp this concept.

I'v never seen one group of people love and hate their team at the same time so much.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#23 Disaronno

Disaronno

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

What comments? Its clear we have made up our minds Luongo is going, we have tested Schneider and he has passed with flying colours everytime.

I can't wait till he earns the net back and plays well, so you don't have the "unproven" excuse to use rather than admitting he is a very good goalie and has overtaken what DownUnda considers to be a "top 10 goalie of all time" in this market.

Stop saying "we", speak for yourself.

#24 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

Stop saying "we", speak for yourself.

"We" as in the organization.

Not "We" as in all the Luongo lovers who can't accept the fact that Schneider is as good as he is.

zackass.png

#25 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

Sadly "fans" in this city can't grasp this concept.

I'v never seen one group of people love and hate their team at the same time so much.

It's embarrassing.

I Have been a huge Luongo fan since he stepped foot in this organization, defended him countless times and now I feel like I am turning against him when I have stand up for Cory.

Wish these "Fans" would just be fair with Cory.

zackass.png

#26 Disaronno

Disaronno

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

"We" as in the organization.

Not "We" as in all the Luongo lovers who can't accept the fact that Schneider is as good as he is.

You don't work for the organization so be plural and stop speaking on others behalf.

Schneider is a good goaltender, but Luongo is the best option right now.

#27 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,729 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

It's embarrassing.

I Have been a huge Luongo fan since he stepped foot in this organization, defended him countless times and now I feel like I am turning against him when I have stand up for Cory.

Wish these "Fans" would just be fair with Cory.

I can't imagine what would happen if Lack came out of nowhere next season and outplayed Schneider.

Does that mean we will have to hate Schneider, and trade him?

People in this city are so ungrateful of these guys. It's like they don't realize without goalies of their calibre, we're not winning games, and likely struggling to even make the playoffs.

Sadly by the time fans in this city realize this, it will be too late. And Vancouver will once again be a goalie graveyard with no chance of winning the cup.

Edited by DeNiro, 06 February 2013 - 01:57 AM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#28 SevenDays

SevenDays

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

Just saw this earlier on tsn...

Gillis.. just like a boss!

Something along the lines of

"we don't care about people's feelings, it's all about the wins"

#29 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

You don't work for the organization so be plural and stop speaking on others behalf.

Schneider is a good goaltender, but Luongo is the best option right now.

As a die hard fan, I consider us all apart of the Canucks. Not the organization but the Canucks Community. So when myself or anyone else says "We" when referring to a managment decision, it is clear what context it is under.

And talent wise they are the same, Luongo is on a burst of momentum and confidence but Schneids should get the next start.

zackass.png

#30 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

I can't imagine what would happen if Lack came out of nowhere next season and outplayed Schneider.

Does that mean we will have to hate Schneider, and trade him?

People in this city are so ungrateful of these guys. It's like they don't realize without goalies of their calibre, we're not winning games, and likely struggling to even make the playoffs.

Sadly by the time fans in this city realize this, it will be too late. And Vancouver will once again be a goalie graveyard with no chance of winning the cup.

No kidding, our goaltending has been great this year, without them we are like Calgary. This team has been carried by goaltending for most of the time since Lu got here, and now Schneids is continuing it.

If people werent so bitter and could put there personal bias aside and actually be fair about judging things like this Cory situation, then it would really make this fan base alot more supportive and appreciative.

I'm sure everyone will learn one day.

zackass.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.