The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Still no hate for Cory Scheinder?

yete

heres what i dont get canuck fans

here we have a guy who obviously told his agent to say this otherwise his agent had no right in saying this.....

And a guy named Luongo who actaully showed class in this situation

before you start to back up schiender and say no schiender had nothing to do with this statement give your head a shake..........

What scheinders agent did is class-less and what Gillis said is comical.........

ooo Cory knows how much faith we have in were just riding the hot hand this that........

how much more can Luongo take.......... just leave luongo demand a trade this organization shows you no respect........

I don't hate Schneider but he hasn't, doesn't and never will compare to Roberto Luongo in any sense of the game. Luongo is one of the classiest players in the NHL, has handled one of the toughest situations ever with such grace and is this city's saviour - Schneider will never be the same.

He should be proud he's being mentioned in the same sentence as Luongo now because no matter how great his career is, he will be hard pressed to end up a top-10 NHL goalie of all time like Roberto will be. This kid has a long way to go and a lot of luck to gain if he wants to be at Luongo's level ever.

I don't hate Schneider but he hasn't, doesn't and never will compare to Roberto Luongo in any sense of the game. Luongo is one of the classiest players in the NHL, has handled one of the toughest situations ever with such grace and is this city's saviour - Schneider will never be the same.

He should be proud he's being mentioned in the same sentence as Luongo now because no matter how great his career is, he will be hard pressed to end up a top-10 NHL goalie of all time like Roberto will be. This kid has a long way to go and a lot of luck to gain if he wants to be at Luongo's level ever.

So are your comments regarding a trade of Luongo. I've never seen anyone have so much faith in a goaltender who has so little experience.

Schneider is unproven and will fetch a way better return. Stick with Luongo, he's not gonna forget how to save pucks; its a team game.

So are your comments regarding a trade of Luongo. I've never seen anyone have so much faith in a goaltender who has so little experience.

Schneider is unproven and will fetch a way better return. Stick with Luongo, he's not gonna forget how to save pucks; its a team game.

Luongos contract and age and ntc doesn't make him easy to trade. Just ask Nonis. How do you expect Lu to act during this time except to play for and with his teammates that's known for a long time. Lu isn't dumb, he knows not every team can afford or is willing to give up alot to take him otherwise he would have been gone by now. So all this whining and crying over Scneider make you guys look as much as a baby as anyone. I hope Schneider does get traded so I don't have read the cry babies comments and posts over and over.

Two vastly different scenarios here:

1.Getting benched in the playoffs because you're down 0-3, demanding a trade (supposedly) and/or being asked to waive one's NTC (we're really not clear on what went on there, but something clearly went on), then not being traded, but not making a big stink about it. Then lengthy lockout, all kinds of speculation, suddenly the season starts and you ain't traded and now you're back starting.

2.Being named the starter coming out of said playoffs for the first time in your career, signing your first NHL contract with the expectation you will start and the other guy will be traded, lockout intervenes, guy doesn't get traded, lose your starting job after what, four games? Now you're right back where you were as 1b, starting a third of the games.

Totally different situations, to be handled differently. If Schneider is going to be going 5+ games, or if Lu is going to be going 5+ games without a start, there's gonna be tension. Schneider will be feeling it more because these are his prime years, he's already 26, he's given up three or four of his best years to be Lu's backup and he's always done right by this franchise. Meanwhile for Lu, it's all gravy. He's been pretty much everywhere you can be as a goalie in this league: an afterthought on a basement team, a star on a lousy team, a huge star in a hockey town, reviled in a hockey town, a national hero, a hated foe, a punch line, a joker himself, an afterthought, trade bait, and now something else: a phoenix, maybe? What's Schneider done? What's he been given the opportunity to do? The Canucks need to do right by the kid. Maybe not now, but during the summer it's got to be resolved, it's not fair to the goalies to put them through this every game.

Archived