The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

schnieder starts vs wild

Youth_Movement

In regards to your post, see your signature.

Why the hell do people get so upset at someone speaking honestly rather than replying with no comment or cliches? He was being truthful when he said there were be an issue if Luongo starts 40 out of the 48 games but that he realizes the Canucks need time to orchestrate a deal involving a goalie of Luongo's calibre.

Mike Liut's follow up interview:

http://www.teamradio.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Mike-Liut-Full-Interview.mp3

Gillis' reaction interview (along with other stuff in there too):

http://www.teamradio.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Mike-Gillis-Feb-5th.mp3

Nothing sensational in either of them unless someone turns it into something more than what it is.

I'm not upset at all. As a matter of fact, I agree that Liut didn't actually say anything inflammatory or anything we didn't already know. The context of my post was not necessarily that what Liut said , but rather that he said anything at all. Of course the media does what they do and takes bit and pieces of Liut's comments to sensationalize their story...as witnessed by the headline that "Cory expected to play 75% of the games".

Everybody is covering their behind cuz Gillis is dragging on and on and on and on something that should have been long done before game #1 of this season.It is his perogative to upset his players and demand whatever.Don't think Gillis' effected players enjoy this or give him any positive due for what he has failed to accomplish.

Is this the best decision for the club's success? Should Luongo even be dealt now?

What was Cory promised and how long will Gillis keep the circus going without really p'ing off his new starter going forward?

Looks pretty ugly from here.

Fair enough, but then shouldn't we blame the media and the people incorrectly assuming this is an issue? Saying his agent "ran his mouth" certainly suggests the conclusion I made, so it's reasonable to expect a response, but it at least was an opportunity to post more facts about the situation even if I was off base on your intent.

Yeah, I could have chosen better words for sure.

And absolutely all of us should be holding the media accountable for their ridiculous hyping a non-story really. I wish I knew how we could hold some of these guys feet to the fire on things like this.

Archived