Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Armada

Canucks new plane?

10 posts in this topic

If anyone remembers just awhile ago Air Canada had removed their First Class seating from their charter airline "Air Canada Jetz" and all the Canadian NHL teams were upset.

Articles is in here

http://o.canada.com/...canada-boo-hoo/

But watching the new "Behind The Scenes In Minnesota" video it seems as though they've gotten rid of Air Canada and gone with something private or perhaps they've bought their own plane?

They've gone from this

7143770977_df7b3bf43b_z.jpg

To this Boeing 737 at 0:20 in this video

On a side note, does anyone remember when the Canucks had their own Airplane with the logo on it?

jT0YxCU.jpg

It's probably just another charter company. It's probably not cost effective for an NHL team to own their own aircraft just for 41 road games a year.

IIRC the Canucks have been back and forth for years regarding having their own plane . I think they shared one with the Grizzlies for a while.

Canucks use to share planes with U2, if I recall correctly. They switched now because Air Canada reduced leg room which the players didn't like.

They switched to a charter airline called Flair Air flying 737-400's I believe.

The Canucks don't use any one airline exclusively, they have restrictions on being able to fly solely with Air Canada for flights within the US. It's the same for all teams and something that's been in place with the NHL for years.

not sure i care.... in fact i dont care what plane they are on, just care about the team o n the ice.... i apologize to the OP, i just dont dont know how this would interest anyone.

not sure i care.... in fact i dont care what plane they are on, just care about the team o n the ice.... i apologize to the OP, i just dont dont know how this would interest anyone.

I thought they just hopped on luongos back and said "tally ho!"

any images of inside the plane?