Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canucks_fo_life

Ryan Kesler could be back as early as Saturday vs Flames

142 posts in this topic

Don't see how that's possible.

@benkuzma: Kesler: "The shoulder is a big thing. I have to make sure it's 100 per cent. The range of motion is there, but strength isn't there at all."

Don't see how that's possible.

Strength is obviously a big factor, hopefully he isn't coming back to early like last year...

It did more harm then good.

We're 5-2-2, he can afford to stay out.

HIghly doubt this is true.

MG said on TEAM 1040 yesterday or today that Ryan looks really good but has not been approved for full conact yet. Pretty unlikely he will play Saturday.

I read that he has been working out really hard even though he hasn't been able to be on the ice. I too hope they don't rush him back... but if they do, I'm guessing by what I read his strength shouldn't be an issue.

(With that said, I imagine it would take him a few games to get his timing back)

As much as i don't want to see him come back too early, it's not a bad spot in the schedule for it.

The Canucks have two days off after Calgary and another two days off after Minny. There are no back to back games until the 21st / 22nd.

If he comes back, what do we do with Schroeder? I really like his game. Hes earned a spot in my mind.

Whenever there's a Kesler injury thread, there's always a million people pointing out the obvious fact that he shouldn't rush back. I'm pretty sure the team gets it and if he's good to go on Saturday then he's good to go. If not then they'll wait.

Hopefully not. Take your time, Kes. Do not rush back into the lineup like you did last year.

Kes, just chill buddy! No need to rush. Even if you think you're ready, wait a bit longer just to be safe!

Well, when he does come back it will be a huge bonus!

A healthy Kesler is the physical beast that teams cannot match up against in a hockey sense. Teams have to play a big body on him, and still often lose that battle; and that body is no longer playing on the Twins who run rampant!

Would be such a massive boost to the powerplay and PK as well, good to see he's looking great in practice, was looking like he could be out for quite a while

Would be such a massive boost to the powerplay and PK as well, good to see he's looking great in practice, was looking like he could be out for quite a while