The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Kesler could be back as early as Saturday vs Flames

Canucks_fo_life

Please no. As good and amazing that it sounds to have Kesler back by Saturday, we don't need him to rush back into playing hockey. We've tried that twice and it has failed miserably. We need a healthy 100% Kesler so he can dominate again like he did in 2010-11. Not look like an overpaid 2nd liner who is playing terribly when he's not 100%

I read that he has been working out really hard even though he hasn't been able to be on the ice. I too hope they don't rush him back... but if they do, I'm guessing by what I read his strength shouldn't be an issue.

(With that said, I imagine it would take him a few games to get his timing back)

Whenever there's a Kesler injury thread, there's always a million people pointing out the obvious fact that he shouldn't rush back. I'm pretty sure the team gets it and if he's good to go on Saturday then he's good to go. If not then they'll wait.

He won't be back on Saturday. This is just the Team 1040 trying to create a buzz on a slow news day.

Kesler just returned to practice. You think they're going to slot him in after a couple practices and being out for 9 months? Not a chance.

If he's practicing with the team full time now, he should be back in a couple weeks. And that's fine by me.

Well, when he does come back it will be a huge bonus!

A healthy Kesler is the physical beast that teams cannot match up against in a hockey sense. Teams have to play a big body on him, and still often lose that battle; and that body is no longer playing on the Twins who run rampant!

Archived