The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Kesler could be back as early as Saturday vs Flames

Canucks_fo_life

Please no. As good and amazing that it sounds to have Kesler back by Saturday, we don't need him to rush back into playing hockey. We've tried that twice and it has failed miserably. We need a healthy 100% Kesler so he can dominate again like he did in 2010-11. Not look like an overpaid 2nd liner who is playing terribly when he's not 100%

I could see a Kassian - Kesler - Boothe line working. Kassian screens while Kesler hogs the puck and when he misses Boothe can bury the rebound. Whenever they need to play more defensively switch Burrows and Kassian up. And I would always put Kassian with the twins against teams like LA or Chicago to keep them out trouble. Of course this also opens up the possibility of Sedin - Sedin - Kesler line and a Kassian - Burrows - Boothe second line, if we are desperate for a goal or two in the third.

I could see our top 2 lines looking like:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kes-Kassian

Then play Kesler on the point and Kassian in front of the net for our 1st PP unit.

Play Kassian with the Sedins on the ever productive post PK line. How many times did we see Samuelsson come out and kick some ass with the Sedins after an important PK, that should be Kassian this season. Keep burr with the twins for most of the ES time, he is arguably our best evenstrength player.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Hansen Kesler Burrows

Higgins Schroeder Raymond

Lapierre Malholtra Weise

I think that Kesler and Burrows could reunite, and form one of the best shutdown lines in the NHL with Hansen. They would be so difficult to play against, and so dangerous at their own blue line. I think our 3rd line is responsible, and dangerous, and our 4th line would win every faceoff and be very good.

I think that Kesler and Burrows could reunite, and form one of the best shutdown lines in the NHL with Hansen.  They would be so difficult to play against, and so dangerous at their own blue line.  I think our 3rd line is responsible, and dangerous, and our 4th line would win every faceoff and be very good.

Mmmmmm, what I said at the start of the season was that if Ryan was over embellishing his injury he would come back two weeks into the season as he couldn't come back at the start it would look a little suspicious. Three weeks is in the ballpark, it's something we will never know but makes you go hmmmmmmm. It will be great to have him back!!! Hope we can keep Schroeder in the lineup he's looking great.

Archived