141 replies to this topic

#61 iinatcc

iinatcc

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

Please no. As good and amazing that it sounds to have Kesler back by Saturday, we don't need him to rush back into playing hockey. We've tried that twice and it has failed miserably. We need a healthy 100% Kesler so he can dominate again like he did in 2010-11. Not look like an overpaid 2nd liner who is playing terribly when he's not 100%

Considering the 11 month recovery period it's safe to say nothing is rushed.

#62 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

I could see a Kassian - Kesler - Boothe line working. Kassian screens while Kesler hogs the puck and when he misses Boothe can bury the rebound. Whenever they need to play more defensively switch Burrows and Kassian up. And I would always put Kassian with the twins against teams like LA or Chicago to keep them out trouble. Of course this also opens up the possibility of Sedin - Sedin - Kesler line and a Kassian - Burrows - Boothe second line, if we are desperate for a goal or two in the third.

#63 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

I could see our top 2 lines looking like:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kes-Kassian

Then play Kesler on the point and Kassian in front of the net for our 1st PP unit.

Play Kassian with the Sedins on the ever productive post PK line. How many times did we see Samuelsson come out and kick some ass with the Sedins after an important PK, that should be Kassian this season. Keep burr with the twins for most of the ES time, he is arguably our best evenstrength player.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#64 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,549 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

How do you go from no timetable for return and then 3 days?

Whenever Kes gets cleared by everyone, add a week minimum just to be safe.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#65 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

I can't wait when our second unit can also be a threat on the powerplay.

#66 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,255 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

I can't wait when our second unit can also be a threat on the powerplay.

I can't wait until our power play itself becomes a threat again.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#67 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

Id rather sit him until the 17th..only 4 more games.

#68 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Sit him till the Dallas game next friday. That gives him 36 games. Should be plenty to get his timing up to snuff.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

#69 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

100%,95%90%.We need Kes,guaranteed Hanks point production will increase,once Kesler is introduced back into lineup.
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#70 Your New Coach Mr. Tippett

Your New Coach Mr. Tippett

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Kesler comes back Saturday.

Announces his presence via Grodie Howe Hatrick, fighting Iginla and putting a wrister through Irving's glove. Leaving the laces melting with a puff of smoke coming out. Like a boss.
My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. Whats really goin on down there? Who is the real hero?

#71 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

1. It matters if you are a fan of this team.Luo is reminding everyone but you that he is a large part of this team's success.
2.You have obviously been out of town.
3.Schroeder is not a replacement for Kes.Maybe in a few years.

OK. Let me rephrase that once again. I mean Schroeder is a temporary replacement until Kesler gets back. And when did I say that Lu wasn't a big part of the team's success? We are winning games with different people stepping up to fill the void (Luongo,Kassian, Raymond, Hansen, Schroeder, etc.).

Again, why rush Kesler back (if he is being rushed) when there is no need at all? We are doing better than I thought and sitting atop the division again.

Edited by RyanKeslord17, 06 February 2013 - 09:54 PM.

Posted Image

#72 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,631 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

He better be 100% if he is coming in. no bs. if he isn't feeling it then don't play yet.

Wow, you need to get this message through to the training staff. Move heaven and earth to do it... DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER...they need to know this!!!!

#73 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

Kes, just chill buddy! No need to rush. Even if you think you're ready, wait a bit longer just to be safe!

Kes is probably tired of bagging groceries and serving up double doubles...I'm sure he's just itching to get back to playing.

#74 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Hansen Kesler Burrows
Higgins Schroeder Raymond
Lapierre Malholtra Weise

I think that Kesler and Burrows could reunite, and form one of the best shutdown lines in the NHL with Hansen. They would be so difficult to play against, and so dangerous at their own blue line. I think our 3rd line is responsible, and dangerous, and our 4th line would win every faceoff and be very good.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#75 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

No way. Unless he's 110% ready he shouldn't come back yet.

The last thing we need is for him to rush back and re-injure himself.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#76 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

I think that Kesler and Burrows could reunite, and form one of the best shutdown lines in the NHL with Hansen.  They would be so difficult to play against, and so dangerous at their own blue line.  I think our 3rd line is responsible, and dangerous, and our 4th line would win every faceoff and be very good.

Jeez. That would be one hell of an annoying line to play against. Burrows alone is hated, Kesler is feared, and Hansen is severely underestimated often. Let the hate commence.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#77 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,536 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

How do you go from no timetable for return and then 3 days?

Whenever Kes gets cleared by everyone, add a week minimum just to be safe.

There was no timetable because the organization didn't want it to get out, not because they didn't have an idea of when he could be back.

Personally I don't want him back this early though, it has been reported he still isn't ready, so we should just wait till he is 110% we are doing fine without him and we need him at his best for the playoffs so that should be the #1 priority.

zackass.png

#78 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,807 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

Hmm, interesting. I dont really like Kassian on the Sedin line. Yeah hes doing great, but the Sedins are struggling. As soon as Burrows was back on that line there was a spark, and they created a really nice play to set up Tanev. So....

Mental check; overtime (when Tanev scored) is played 4 on 4.

Neither Burrows or Kassian was on the ice when the Twins set up Tanev (Hamhuis was the other D by memory...). You guys both need to give your head a :picard: !

Also for the record; for years Burrows has been great with the Twins. Whenever Kesler is injured or unavailable, teams routinely pile massive line ups to create size mis-matches they can't handle. Because they don't fear a 2knd line with Burrows as 2C, they have been loading match ups which is why Kassian has been a blessing, as he equalizes some of that disadvantage.

If line 2 is flying, and scoring teams have to put big guys on Kesler and Samuelsson (I mean Booth :) ) and it free's up the Twins to do what they do.

But when stacked big teams (SJ, Buins, Anaheim, St L, Chicago in the past) still have enough guys to cover both lines; we still need the option of bringing a Kassian up. We need to keep trying so either Burrows or Kass is a great option come play off time!

100% in agreement. Kass will be tried on the second with Booth and Kes.

#79 vwnuck

vwnuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

Mmmmmm, what I said at the start of the season was that if Ryan was over embellishing his injury he would come back two weeks into the season as he couldn't come back at the start it would look a little suspicious. Three weeks is in the ballpark, it's something we will never know but makes you go hmmmmmmm. It will be great to have him back!!! Hope we can keep Schroeder in the lineup he's looking great.

he can't do that the league gets reports on players injuries to make sure a team cheating with cap space....

Posted Image

Posted Image

#80 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:51 AM

Too soon... Too soon!

#81 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,656 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:12 AM

Give him another 2 weeks. Hasn't even been cleared for contact? We've got a busy week next week so likely few practices for him to get into, give him that week off to train and practice by himself to get up to speed.

Injuries are piling up all over the league because players weren't ready for hockey without a training camp, just imagine what might happen to Kesler who hasn't played hockey in months. Hopefully he doesn't get back and strain a groin or something.
Posted Image

#82 CANUCKAHOLIC_9

CANUCKAHOLIC_9

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:34 AM

Thats good news but I sure hope he is not rushing back unless he likes sitting out the beginning of the season be patient boss don't rush it

#83 Berto91

Berto91

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:42 AM

If he's not a 100% and looks like a wounded animal for the next 6 weeks I think everyone will be pretty damn hacked off with management and the coaching staff. Kesler said THIS time he won't rush back.. This seems a bit like rushing back.
100th Post: Friday 2nd July '10 :)

Vintage.Kesler, on 30 September 2010 - 03:30 PM, said:
Lol, tailored for a T-REX.

I'm pretty sure CDC just collectively orgasmed at the thought of CoHo getting recalled lol

#84 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

Yeah for sure! hope he sticks, he makes a great 3rd line center with his speed and playmaking, his passes are incredible. Canucks could always use a fast skater, one of the ways the Canucks win sometimes is by outskating the opposition. With Booth and Kes back and him sticking I could see the forward lines like this:

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Booth Kesler Burrows
Raymond Schroeder Higgins
Lapierre Malhotra Hansen

Thats a pretty good system, lets say Kassian misses a game, Burrows can move back with the Sedins where they already have chemistry, with burrows moved up higgins can move up to second line and reform the amex line, from there hansen can move up to the third and create a speed line with Raymond and Schroeder.

I like the look of this but I would swap Hansen and Higgins. Higgins has not done anything to prove he deserves more ice time than Hansen. Other than that, that is a pretty scary looking line up. AV can also make changes on the fly, moving players up and down without missing much of a beat. That is depth.

Without Booth I would start Kesler at the C on the 3rd with Hansen and Higgins.

line 1 - Sedin Sedin Burr
line 2 a - Ray Shifty Kass
line 2 b- Hans Kes Higgy
line 4 - Patti Manny Lappy

#85 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

he can't do that the league gets reports on players injuries to make sure a team cheating with cap space....

There is only one problem with that. No matter what a report says, the player has the final say on when they are able to come back. A doctor can examine you all they want, MRI, XRay, Phsio, none of it matters if the player says he is still not ready to go. Pain is not something that a doctor can prove you have or dont have,

#86 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

If he's 100% then,

:towel:

I would say he learned his lesson
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#87 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

There is only one problem with that. No matter what a report says, the player has the final say on when they are able to come back. A doctor can examine you all they want, MRI, XRay, Phsio, none of it matters if the player says he is still not ready to go. Pain is not something that a doctor can prove you have or dont have,

Good example of that is Willie Mitchell...cleared by everyone but him

#88 ABNuck

ABNuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

Do we need to move Lu to make capspace for Kes? I think he's listed LTIR right now (Booth isn't) so I'm not too sure about our current "real" cap total...anyone know?

So nobody has an answer for this? Kind of important because it might make a difference as to when he actually is removed from LTIR?

#89 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,171 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

He'll play if he's 100%. Only he'll know

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#90 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

He hasn' played for 8 months. He should be ready to go in the next week. He has had enough time to heal. Get out there and make a difference.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.