The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Loktionov to Devils

SOB for MVP

LA Kings@LAKings

Kings acquire 5th round selection in 2013 NHL Draft from New Jersey for Andrei Loktionov http://ow.ly/hujg3

LOS ANGELES – The Los Angeles Kings have acquired a fifth-round selection in the 2013 NHL Draft from the New Jersey Devils in exchange for forward Andrei Loktionov, Kings President/General Manager Dean Lombardi announced today.

Loktionov, 22, has played in 59 career NHL games (all with the Kings), recording 14 points (7-7=14) and four penalty minutes. The 5-10, 179-pound native of Voskresensk, Russia was drafted by the Kings in the fifth round (123rd overall) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.

This season, Loktionov has appeared in 37 games for the Manchester Monarchs (AHL), recording 22 points (7-15=22) and six penalty minutes.

The Kings continue their road trip in Nashville tomorrow beginning at 5 p.m. (PT). The game will be broadcast on FOX Sports West – including a pre-game show -- and KTLK AM 1150.

I didn't see New Jersey as a team that'd go after him, wondering more about Calgary, Phoenix or Chicago (maybe even Tampa). But it makes sense for them as well, especially at the cost of only a 5th.

For those wondering why Gillis didn't do this, feel free to share where you would have put him in the lineup. Remember, the reason he requested a trade was because the Kings couldn't find icetime for him as they already have better centers and Loktionov didn't play well when they tried to switch him to wing. I look forward to your responses.

I didn't see New Jersey as a team that'd go after him, wondering more about Calgary, Phoenix or Chicago (maybe even Tampa). But it makes sense for them as well, especially at the cost of only a 5th.

For those wondering why Gillis didn't do this, feel free to share where you would have put him in the lineup. Remember, the reason he requested a trade was because the Kings couldn't find icetime for him as they already have better centers and Loktionov didn't play well when they tried to switch him to wing. I look forward to your responses.

Archived