The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Loktionov to Devils

SOB for MVP

So you're saying he's a guaranteed improvement over Schroeder? The player we've drafted and developed and currently have in our lineup already? The player who had 19 points in 30 games with the Wolves where Loktionov had only 3 points more in 7 more games with the Monarchs?

Thanks for their stats pages, but I'm already aware of them. You'll have to do a little more explaining to why you think Loktionov would be a clear upgrade over Schroeder though.

Schroeder's career NHL PPG: 0.286

Loktionov's career NHL PPG: 0.237

Small sample size for Schroeder sure, but to think someone from your own organization that you've drafted and developed doesn't deserve the chance to fill in for injuries over an underachieving player from another team who asked to be traded is poor asset management.

Not if you think the other player is better than yours. I find Schroeder's combination of diminutive size and low AHL scoring stats problematic, though I have been pleasantly surprised by his play with the Canucks so far. I think the Canucks drafted him with offense in mind.

By the way, I don't think that Gillis could have acquired Loktionov at a reasonable cost anyway, so to me at least this is all moot.

I dunno, pretty good deal but I wouldn't rate him ahead of Schroeder, he has done nothing to suggest he is better. They have both had about the same success growing up except Schroeder was so good in the wjc that he seemed like a steal that slid down the draft to us. Now that JS is showing his size isn't really an issue in the NHL, I would rather go forward with him and hope he can turn into the offensive star he was for team USA.

Archived