The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2014 Olympics

cmpunk

I just saw on TSN, Ray Ferarro make some 2014 Olympic roster projections. No Canucks on it, not even Luongo and says Price is his starter.

Someone enlighten me. Why for the past year or 2, does everyone say Price is the guy to beat and is the sole starter? Did I forget something over the years, but what heck has Price done that gets everyone saying he is the guy? I just don't get it.

His 3 goalies were Price, Ward, Fleury. I understand Fleury, but again Cam Ward?! Really? what has he done since 2006? Price will probably be on the team, but if you ask me and what makes sense is that the job is Luongo's to lose. Meaning, if he plays solid like he is now and next season and at camp he will most likely start just because he is the previous winning goalie like Brodeur was before Luongo took over. But it's not guaranteed to Lu, he still has to perform. At the training camp they will battle for the position and if the other guys outplay Luongo they get the start.

But to say Price is the guy already, just does not make sense and sit well with me. They only thing he has done not including this year is backstop the Canadiens to 15th place in the East last season. Why does everyone think so greatly for Price, what has he done? Tell me.

I'd put Fleury before him for sure, at least he has won something.

Lol at Fleury and Ward.

Fleury hasn't been impressive in a long time, Ward would make it but with the way he has crapped the bed in world play in the past I wouldn't be confident in him as one of my top choices.

Price

Luongo

Ward

That's how it should be.

Since most people here probably don't see many SE division games, I'm guessing thats why most of you underrate Cam Ward. They are an obscure team, and most anybody hears about them comes from the boxscore only. A good analogy would be that Cam Ward is to Carolina what Kipper has been to Calgary for years now. Great goalie on a horriawful team that he at least elevates to mediocre. The game isn't all stats, something CDC can get obsessive over when it suits them. I'd pick him over Fleury easily.

People just think because he ain't repeating his crazy success from '06 that he's overrated, but what people forget is that the Canes as a team have gotten a lot worse from the powerhouse they were back then. The offence improved this year, but their D is painfully, weepingly bad.

Price

Ward

Luongo or Fleury

Price is the guy. OP, you don't get it because you don't see Price enough. I live in Montreal and I can tell you that Price is right up there with Roberto Luongo and he is younger. He hasn't won anything recently because he plays on a terrible team.

Price is to Luongo as Luongo is to Brodeur.

Because Luongo started and won in 2010, I think Luongo will start in 2014 like Brodeur started 2010. If Luongo does not perform, they will turn to Price.

Canucks definitely in the next Olympics:

Sweden--Sedins, Edler

USA--Kesler

(Current) Canucks possibly in the next Olypmics

Canada--Luongo

USA--Booth, Schneider

Bonus: Right now Denmark qualifies for the Olympics so you'd see both Hansen and Jensen there too.

Not a bad set-up, it's hard to make an Olympic roster, especially a Canadian Olympic roster, so it doesn't shock me that so few Canucks seem eligible. Maybe in 2018 we might see Kassian make the team, who knows?

Carey Price is already a top 5 goaltender in the league IMO.

Quick

Lundqvist

Luongo

Price

Rinne

Price is the youngest of them all if i'm correct. Guy did very, very well in his WJ tournament with Toews. Price will outplay Luongo by 2014.

Price is the guy. OP, you don't get it because you don't see Price enough. I live in Montreal and I can tell you that Price is right up there with Roberto Luongo and he is younger. He hasn't won anything recently because he plays on a terrible team.

Price is to Luongo as Luongo is to Brodeur.

Because Luongo started and won in 2010, I think Luongo will start in 2014 like Brodeur started 2010. If Luongo does not perform, they will turn to Price.

Carey Price is already a top 5 goaltender in the league IMO.

Quick

Lundqvist

Luongo

Price

Rinne

Price is the youngest of them all if i'm correct. Guy did very, very well in his WJ tournament with Toews. Price will outplay Luongo by 2014.

I don't think Price is not in the top 10, he is for sure but to think he is the starter right now based on nothing ahead of the previous gold medal winner is stupid. Thing is great goaltending can take a team atleast into the playoffs on his on, if not playoffs at least just on the outs. Canadien's finished 15th.

I think Lu is better still then Price. Next year who know's, Price will have his chance to win the job. If Lu continues to play well in next season, he starts at least.

Archived