The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2014 Olympics

cmpunk

I said Luongo will get the start because of his Olympic medal in 2010 - just like Brodeur got the start in 2010 for his in 2002. And I think Luongo is the best goaltender in the league at the moment when he's hot, but Price is usually on par with Luongo on any given night.

The summer camp invitee will likely include the best performers this season, the final roster will dep on how they play this fall. Plenty of time for things to go right/wrong.

the first step is getting the coaching staff and gms etc. That will have the biggest impact on roster selection. Babcock will prob be among them. Sutter, AV, julien?

Canada does not have too many options in goal. They will all be invited, and whoever plays best gets the job. But to not even include the former gold medal winning goalie is just stupid. And they still gotta play solid next season.

But if they all play like they are now, I think Lu will start and has to play solid right away to keep the job, if not then he will get taken over. My top 3 right now is Luongo, Price, Fleury. A sleeper pick could be a guy like Craig Anderson, he could make the top 3.

But the point of this topic, is really why the heck is everyone so high on Price and thinks he is so great. lol based on what?!!!!!!

Price is very good and will only be getting better up until 2014. Lu is fantastic too, but he's in the tail end of his prime and may start to decline a bit by the 2014 Olympics. He might not, as some goalies can last a long time in their prime (eg. Thomas, Brodeur), but the analyst is just going with the safe bet that Price will get better. Lu might, and I stress that word, might, not be as good as he his now.

Yep. He's had some sort of beef with the Canucks for awhile it seems like. He's always got something negative to say.

Like how Kassian and Schroeder weren't ready for the NHL. Good call there Ray.

Is he still mad that we passed up on drafting Landon in the first round?

At least if he had picked Smith over Luongo, we could have a debate. But picking Ward is just laughable, and is an insult to Lui. Sure Ward has won the cup, but hasn't done a whole lot since.

Ray is a funny lad with his stories of old, and is great for color commentary but he can be out to lunch and this is a bit of that.. unless luongo take the biggest crap of all in net, there is no reason he wouldn't be the starter, and his job to loose to Price, who is really good, cant blame him for last year, the Canadians were terrible.. like Columbus of the east bad.

im surprised he didn't pick any sharks to be on the team.. if you seen any of this babble lately... he LOVES the san jose sharks.. im surprised he didn't mention Spezza on there.. who has become quite a decent two way player and point getting machine.. when not having back surgery. dont know who you'd take out.. cause we are solid up the middle.. but on big ice, Spezza would be very handy to have.

1. Luongo

2. Price

3. Ward (Deserves another shot)

These are my three picks, even though Lu or Price are likely to get more starts.. I think Ward deserves another shot on that roster, to hopefully win this time. I don't like the way Fluery has been playing lately, so I'm gonna have to pass on him. As for Broduer, it's about time he let's some of the younger guys step in. He has his Gold Medal and Stanley Cup rings already, so I'm sure he won't mind. :P

Archived