82 replies to this topic

#31 6of1_halfdozenofother

6of1_halfdozenofother

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

My top 3 right now is Luongo, Price, Fleury. A sleeper pick could be a guy like Craig Anderson, he could make the top 3.

Anderson's American. I'd be surprised to see him in Team Canada colours.
People who label others as bandwagoners, people who tell other people "how" to cheer for their team, "how" they should act or what they should wear to "support" their team, people who only want to hear positive thoughts and don't want to read about how the team can do better - these are people who are insecure and uncomfortable within their own skin.

I'll support my team the way I choose, thank you very much. You can choose to support your team the way you want to, and I won't judge you on it as long as you don't try to force your beliefs on me. I'll also be quick to point out where I think the team can do better, because identifying that there is a problem is the first step to fixing it; denying or ignoring a problem won't solve anything.

Go Canucks Go.

#32 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

1. Price
2. Luongo
3. Fluery/Smith
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#33 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,824 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

The summer camp invitee will likely include the best performers this season, the final roster will dep on how they play this fall. Plenty of time for things to go right/wrong.

the first step is getting the coaching staff and gms etc. That will have the biggest impact on roster selection. Babcock will prob be among them. Sutter, AV, julien?

Posted Image

#34 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

Canada does not have too many options in goal. They will all be invited, and whoever plays best gets the job. But to not even include the former gold medal winning goalie is just stupid. And they still gotta play solid next season.

But if they all play like they are now, I think Lu will start and has to play solid right away to keep the job, if not then he will get taken over. My top 3 right now is Luongo, Price, Fleury. A sleeper pick could be a guy like Craig Anderson, he could make the top 3.

But the point of this topic, is really why the heck is everyone so high on Price and thinks he is so great. lol based on what?!!!!!!

I don't think Anderson could.

Right now mine are:

Price
Luongo
Ward

Fleury just doesn't impress me.

Price is really good, he's just unflappable. Its tough to explain, but he just carrys the Canadiens.

zackass.png

#35 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

No not Schneider.. It'll be Thomas since he took a break to prepare for the 2014 Olympics remember ;)

Oh yah, i forgot about Thomas, they're going to have some good goaltending.

Posted Image

#36 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,436 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Price is very good and will only be getting better up until 2014. Lu is fantastic too, but he's in the tail end of his prime and may start to decline a bit by the 2014 Olympics. He might not, as some goalies can last a long time in their prime (eg. Thomas, Brodeur), but the analyst is just going with the safe bet that Price will get better. Lu might, and I stress that word, might, not be as good as he his now.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#37 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

Price is the real deal. Barring an implosion, he should be the starter.

I'd take Luongo as the backup (seems like he does well in that role....hehe).

Fluery/Ward/Smith/who cares as the 3rd stringer. Probably won't see game action anyway.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#38 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

I think by this time next year Price will be an easy choice for starter, Luongo will be an easy choice to back him up but i don't see an easy third goalie. No one stands out for that position yet.

#39 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

Yep. He's had some sort of beef with the Canucks for awhile it seems like. He's always got something negative to say.

Like how Kassian and Schroeder weren't ready for the NHL. Good call there Ray.

Is he still mad that we passed up on drafting Landon in the first round?

At least if he had picked Smith over Luongo, we could have a debate. But picking Ward is just laughable, and is an insult to Lui. Sure Ward has won the cup, but hasn't done a whole lot since.

Some of his D picks were suspect as well, not even a mention of Hamhuis who would be great on big ice paired with that other guy from BC that plays for the Predators.

#40 tottenhamninja

tottenhamninja

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Ray is a funny lad with his stories of old, and is great for color commentary but he can be out to lunch and this is a bit of that.. unless luongo take the biggest crap of all in net, there is no reason he wouldn't be the starter, and his job to loose to Price, who is really good, cant blame him for last year, the Canadians were terrible.. like Columbus of the east bad.

im surprised he didn't pick any sharks to be on the team.. if you seen any of this babble lately... he LOVES the san jose sharks.. im surprised he didn't mention Spezza on there.. who has become quite a decent two way player and point getting machine.. when not having back surgery. dont know who you'd take out.. cause we are solid up the middle.. but on big ice, Spezza would be very handy to have.

Edited by tottenham_ninja, 07 February 2013 - 11:50 AM.

hi, my name is daniel, and i wear comfy pants.

#41 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

1. Luongo
2. Price
3. Ward (Deserves another shot)

These are my three picks, even though Lu or Price are likely to get more starts.. I think Ward deserves another shot on that roster, to hopefully win this time. I don't like the way Fluery has been playing lately, so I'm gonna have to pass on him. As for Broduer, it's about time he let's some of the younger guys step in. He has his Gold Medal and Stanley Cup rings already, so I'm sure he won't mind. :P

Edited by Kesler's Nose, 07 February 2013 - 12:18 PM.

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#42 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

My 3 are probably:

Price
Luongo
Ward/Fleury

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#43 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

Yep. He's had some sort of beef with the Canucks for awhile it seems like. He's always got something negative to say.

Like how Kassian and Schroeder weren't ready for the NHL. Good call there Ray.

Is he still mad that we passed up on drafting Landon in the first round?

At least if he had picked Smith over Luongo, we could have a debate. But picking Ward is just laughable, and is an insult to Lui. Sure Ward has won the cup, but hasn't done a whole lot since.

Really? Honest opinion, I'm pretty sure he's a Canucks fan. He knows a lot about the Canucks because he lives here most of the time, which is why he always does the Canucks games on TSN.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#44 TheFleetwoodMack

TheFleetwoodMack

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Gold Medal Game: Luongo vs Schneider

Settle it once and for all

#45 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

Meh, goaltending for Canada will be the least of a concern. I go with Price and Luongo with Fleury in the 3 hole. Maybe they worry that Lui won't be getting the minutes to be a #1 if he stays here in a backup role...
I Love Lamp...

#46 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

lol if it ever gets there and Schneider is on the team, I really hope the coaching management does that.. But it's unlikely it'll happen since it'll be Ryan Miller starting in net. Or Jonathan Quick.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#47 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

Hah, that would be awesome.

Even though that's unlikely, the thought that Schneider and Luongo will eventually play each other as rivals at some point, is kind of cool (and weird).

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#48 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,949 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

on a semi-related note, I kicked the crap out of Ferraro in the hallway of the Penticton Arena back around 2004.......maybe it scrambled his brain a bit

#49 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

My three picks are Luongo, Price and Ward.

#50 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

Stamkos Crosby Tavares
Nash Giroux Eberle
Perry Toews E. Staal
Seguin Thornton Bergeron
Marleau/Hall

Weber Pietrangelo
Doughty Letang
Keith Seabrook
Boyle

Luongo
Price
Fleury

#51 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Luongo will be the starter, he'll be like Brodeur in 2010 it will be his job to lose.

#52 Russ

Russ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,377 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

I just saw on TSN, Ray Ferarro make some 2014 Olympic roster projections. No Canucks on it, not even Luongo and says Price is his starter.

Someone enlighten me. Why for the past year or 2, does everyone say Price is the guy to beat and is the sole starter? Did I forget something over the years, but what heck has Price done that gets everyone saying he is the guy? I just don't get it.

His 3 goalies were Price, Ward, Fleury. I understand Fleury, but again Cam Ward?! Really? what has he done since 2006? Price will probably be on the team, but if you ask me and what makes sense is that the job is Luongo's to lose. Meaning, if he plays solid like he is now and next season and at camp he will most likely start just because he is the previous winning goalie like Brodeur was before Luongo took over. But it's not guaranteed to Lu, he still has to perform. At the training camp they will battle for the position and if the other guys outplay Luongo they get the start.

But to say Price is the guy already, just does not make sense and sit well with me. They only thing he has done not including this year is backstop the Canadiens to 15th place in the East last season. Why does everyone think so greatly for Price, what has he done? Tell me.

I'd put Fleury before him for sure, at least he has won something.

Fleury has been garbage the last few years. If you watched many Montreal games last year you would have seen Price was hands down their best player every night, that team was in such shambles it seemed.

I think it'll be Luongo, Price and Ward going. Price and Luongo will fight for the start, since Price is the future goalie for Canada he will definitely get in the tournament.
Xbox Live - Lenerdosy
PSN - Lenerdosy

Interested in a game of NHL or BF3? Send me a friend request and lets play.

#53 s17ftw

s17ftw

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:01 AM

Lucic Crosby Stamkos
Tavares Giroux Eberle
Nash Toews Seguin
Burrows Getzlaf Perry
E. Staal

Keith - Doughty
Pietrangelo - Weber
Phaneuf - Letang
Seabrook

Price
Luongo
Fleury

Maybe room somewhere for hall, skinner, j. staal, bergeron, thornton, couture, e. kane

#54 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:08 AM

Haha, remember the days when you guys had Roy, Brodeur and Belfour?

#55 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

Lucic Crosby Stamkos
Tavares Giroux Eberle
Nash Toews Seguin
Burrows Getzlaf Perry
E. Staal

Keith - Doughty
Pietrangelo - Weber
Phaneuf - Letang
Seabrook

Price
Luongo
Fleury

Maybe room somewhere for hall, skinner, j. staal, bergeron, thornton, couture, e. kane

Haha, Burrows over Eric Staal...

#56 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

Haha, Burrows over Eric Staal...

haha yeah i agree its a bit of a stretch. Theres just too many good really good canadians to put him on the team... That being said he does bring tangibles that are helpful.. he would be the best penalty killer of anyone on that team or protecting a 1 goal lead with a minute to go i would have him out there. He played amazing at the last world championships on the 4th line, didnt he get 4 or 5 points?

He'll never get the nod over those other guys but i definitely dont think taking him as the 4th line winger over eric staal makes us a worse team. I bet Burrows would be the same unsung hero he always is and out play at least 5 guys on the team during the tournament.

#57 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

Lucic Crosby Stamkos
Tavares Giroux Eberle
Nash Toews Seguin
Burrows Getzlaf Perry
E. Staal

Keith - Doughty
Pietrangelo - Weber
Phaneuf - Letang
Seabrook

Price
Luongo
Fleury

Burrows? Really?

#58 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

Haha, remember the days when you guys had Roy, Brodeur and Belfour?

In the Olympics? No i don't, when was that?

#59 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

In the Olympics? No i don't, when was that?

Point being that you're really weak at the goaltender spot now.

#60 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

haha yeah i agree its a bit of a stretch. Theres just too many good really good canadians to put him on the team... That being said he does bring tangibles that are helpful.. he would be the best penalty killer of anyone on that team or protecting a 1 goal lead with a minute to go i would have him out there. He played amazing at the last world championships on the 4th line, didnt he get 4 or 5 points?

He'll never get the nod over those other guys but i definitely dont think taking him as the 4th line winger over eric staal makes us a worse team. I bet Burrows would be the same unsung hero he always is and out play at least 5 guys on the team during the tournament.

If you want defense, then put the Selke winner, Bergeron, on the team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.