The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No Need for Any Trades

Burlinbert

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you think the Canucks need to make a trade for this season?

-answer poll

-add reason below

I think the Canucks are set for a deep playoff run, and Gillis doesn"t really need to make any changes till summer.

- Prospects are playing good, Tanev, Kassian, Schroeder

- Ballard and Tanav have some chemistry

- Raymonds playing really hard, hardest working player out there on most nights

- we have tons of depth

- Booth and Kesler have yet to return

- We have the best goalie duo in hockey(NYR pays more to goalies then we do)

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / --------Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / ---------Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

David Booth ($4.250m) /--------- Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) /--------- Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)

Mason Raymond ($2.275m) /--- Jordan Schroeder ($0.851m) /-- Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / ----Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / -----Chris Higgins ($1.900m)

Dale Weise ($0.677m) /---------- Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) / ------Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN

Alexander Edler ($5.000m) /---- Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) /----- Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) /-------- Chris Tanev ($0.851m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) ------ Cam Barker ($0.700m)

Kevin Connauton ($0.688m)----- Jim Vandermeer ($0.600m)

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

If we can get low cap hit/futures return for one of our more expensive but less producing players rather than just buying out at the end of the year, that'd be sweet.

also Luongo or Schneider should be traded, if only for cap reasons for next season.

We cant afford our current roster under next year's cap, so obviously getting ANY return is better than a straight buyout.

I voted yes. It depends If Gillis believes the team is in a "win this year at all costs" scenario or not. Each year wasted is a year in which our core gets older and less likely to produce a championship. With that said, the reason I voted yes:

We have very much the same team as we have had the last two years, with a couple additions and subtractions. We had great post season success in 2011, up until the Boston series. 8 goals in 7 games. Not enough. And last season, against LA...I don't recall how many goals we scored in the 5 games we lasted. But not enough. Between our goalies and team defence, we CAN shut a team down. But what we have not been able to do is put pucks in the net consistently enough over FOUR series. Are the Sedins' just coming around after a long layoff? Will Kesler be as effective after his injuries? Can Booth return to the form he was at before his knee injury last year? Can Garrison be the threat from the blueline that we signed him to be? All those remain to be unknown. I'd like to answer yes to all of those questions. But if we can add another real threat up front without hurting the team too much, I think we'd be foolish not to do it.

I think if the value is right for either foalie, we should make a deal....keep in mind Chicago won the cup with Antii Niemi and Ottawa and Edmonton made cup-runs with Emery and Roloson so goaltending isn't everything.

Everyone should also keep in mind we have Lack who should be NHL-ready within 2-3 years.

If we are able to gain a Perrenial Top-6 forward, we should pull the trigger on a deal. Schroeder has looked great on the 3rd line and I like seeing him getting time in the NHL.

In summary, if a top-6 forward (55+ Pt's) is made available, Gillis should pull the trigger on a deal

Yes, but I would wait until we see how the 2nd line does. I don't see a whole lot more scoring this year. Kass has improved, but that's about it. If the goaltender issue isn't resolved, then I guess we'll have to stand pat. Window continues to close...

By not "needing" to make a trade, any trade we're likely to make is going to work out better for us. I'd like more depth on right D, and a center who can step up and play on the second line if Kesler gets hurt, but who can also bring some versatility Weiss would be perfect if we can get him.

I dont think we need to once Booth and Kes get back, its a great privilege having both Lu and Schneids (think Boston with Thomas and Rask)

If a trade is made though i say make a SPLASH!

If Washington keeps struggling kick the tires at OV, he won't come cheap, probably be Schneider and Edler plus whoever else, but i personally think Eddie is overrated and overvalued, Ballard is ready to step up.. Washington needs G and D

Think of that top six...

We have to stand pat this season. As soon as we make a trade, and we don't win the Stanley Cup, there will be all hell breaking loose saying we traded the wrong goaltender - be it Luongo or Schneider.

We have an elite core up front to go all the way once healthy. Stay the course. Add a few depth pieces on the deadline using draft picks. Best goaltender plays all season and playoffs.

Unless a deal brings us back an elite top-10 scoring talent or top-pairing defenseman, no way we do a deal. Because if we don't win the Cup with the goaltender who stays, the backlash will be enormous.

Make a trade in the summer with the losing goaltender. If we win, then make a trade using whoever ended up riding the pine in the playoffs. Or, if Luongo once again says he wants to move on, move him.

-answer poll

-add reason below

I think the Canucks are set for a deep playoff run, and Gillis doesn"t really need to make any changes till summer.

- we have tons of depth

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / --------Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / ---------Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

David Booth ($4.250m) /--------- Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) /--------- Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)

Mason Raymond ($2.275m) /--- Jordan Schroeder ($0.851m) /-- Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / ----Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / -----Chris Higgins ($1.900m)

Dale Weise ($0.677m) /---------- Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) / ------Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

I voted yes. It depends If Gillis believes the team is in a "win this year at all costs" scenario or not. Each year wasted is a year in which our core gets older and less likely to produce a championship. With that said, the reason I voted yes:

We have very much the same team as we have had the last two years, with a couple additions and subtractions. We had great post season success in 2011, up until the Boston series. 8 goals in 7 games. Not enough. And last season, against LA...I don't recall how many goals we scored in the 5 games we lasted. But not enough. Between our goalies and team defence, we CAN shut a team down. But what we have not been able to do is put pucks in the net consistently enough over FOUR series. Are the Sedins' just coming around after a long layoff? Will Kesler be as effective after his injuries? Can Booth return to the form he was at before his knee injury last year? Can Garrison be the threat from the blueline that we signed him to be? All those remain to be unknown. I'd like to answer yes to all of those questions. But if we can add another real threat up front without hurting the team too much, I think we'd be foolish not to do it.

We have to trade CS or Luongo, we have 2 great assets there but we could only play 1 at a time, so with CS/Luo sitting on the bench is a waste of an asset.

our playoff window has only like 2 years left (this season and the next), so we cant afford to waste those years.

We neeed to trade to strenghten our 12 forwards.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Raymond - Schroeder - (TRADE)

Higgins - Lappiere - Hansen

Hamhuis - Edler

Garrison - Bieksa

Ballard - Tanev

That depth would easily get us back to the Finals.

Still need to add size/toughness with offensive upside 1 forward and 1 D-man, nothing has changed. We get beat on by the bigger teams in the end and how many years has that happened?? lets see? first chicago, then the Bruins, and then the Kings... Hmmmmm

-answer poll

-add reason below

- we have tons of depth

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Archived