The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No Need for Any Trades

Burlinbert

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I dont think we need to once Booth and Kes get back, its a great privilege having both Lu and Schneids (think Boston with Thomas and Rask)

If a trade is made though i say make a SPLASH!

If Washington keeps struggling kick the tires at OV, he won't come cheap, probably be Schneider and Edler plus whoever else, but i personally think Eddie is overrated and overvalued, Ballard is ready to step up.. Washington needs G and D

Think of that top six...

You have to take into account that the last 2 goaltenders we faced in the playoffs, had two of the best playoff performances that I have ever seen.

Quick .949 sv % facing 34 shots a game average

Thomas .966 sv % facing 35 shots a game average

Those numbers are simply unreal.

We gave the Kings more of a fight than anyone, and that series was closer than it looked on paper. Thomas was even more impressive in the Finals.

Yeah, think of that top-6. There wouldn't be a lot of other guys on the team as Ovechkin would eat up the cap hit of Edler and Schneider, and still have room for most of Andrew Ebbett.

Should the Canucks trade with Washington, I'd like a smaller splash that will have more and longer lasting ripples. Give me a guy like Brouwer, a center (Johansson maybe, but there's others) or a d-man prospect, and a pick.

regards,

G.

Do you think the Canucks need to make a trade for this season?

-answer poll

-add reason below

I think the Canucks are set for a deep playoff run, and Gillis doesn"t really need to make any changes till summer.

- Prospects are playing good, Tanev, Kassian, Schroeder

- Ballard and Tanav have some chemistry

- Raymonds playing really hard, hardest working player out there on most nights

- we have tons of depth

- Booth and Kesler have yet to return

- We have the best goalie duo in hockey(NYR pays more to goalies then we do)

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / --------Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / ---------Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

David Booth ($4.250m) /--------- Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) /--------- Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)

Mason Raymond ($2.275m) /--- Jordan Schroeder ($0.851m) /-- Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / ----Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / -----Chris Higgins ($1.900m)

Dale Weise ($0.677m) /---------- Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) / ------Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN

Alexander Edler ($5.000m) /---- Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) /----- Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) /-------- Chris Tanev ($0.851m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) ------ Cam Barker ($0.700m)

Kevin Connauton ($0.688m)----- Jim Vandermeer ($0.600m)

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

The canucks are missing a true second line player who gets around 60 points. I say yes we should make a deal to bring a good second line player to play with Kesler I really don't think booth or Higgins have enough scoring power to be relied on in the playoffs. Imagine if we bring in another player who is a consistent scoring threat and then have a player like Higgins and booth on the 3rd that's depth to win a championship.

We need to aquire a top 6 with size and scoring plus a 3rd line centre with size. I just don't think that Schroeder is the answer to the 3rd line centre position as a regular. He is too small and puts himself in a position to get hit. When the playoffs start he will get hammered. He has performed admirably so far but is not a longterm solution.

Next years cap means that we are going to have to shed some salary and I would rather start that process now and get something of a return for our players rather than be in a desperate position.

I say yes. We can always improve the team. If the right deal is out there that makes sense for the team, Gillis will pull the trigger. If not, he stands pat.

As it stands, I'd still like an experienced right-sided defenceman for the playoffs so that Edler does not have to play the right side.

I think a veteran 3rd line center should be a priority as well. I like Schroeder, but its yet to be seen if he ready for a tough playoff run

I think we can get a little grittier and bigger.

We have a lot of bodies up front as it is though so we'll just have to wait and see how it all turns out.

Don't know until Booth and Kesler are back. Gotta see where they're at. If Kassian can keep producing, a top 6 of Sedins, Kass, Burr, Booth, Kes is pretty solid. Perhaps some minor deals to fully solidify the 3rd line are in order, but I don't know if we could viably pull of the deals we would want.

It really shows in recent play-off runs that secondary scoring is a huge factor. And I don't count the second line as secondary scoring. Secondary scoring is 3rd, hopefully a bit of 4th lines, and some from the D.

A 3rd line of Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen would be pretty good, but I'd like one more winger who fits the bill as a second liner on a lesser team. Someone gritty, who can put up points. Unless Lapierre can pick up where he was last season, because he was doing pretty good, and has gone nowhere this season.

The way I see it....

1st line) We know what we have with the Sedins / Burr line - could improve but we have the Kass option now

2nd line) A lot of posts regarding the 2nd line with Booth & Kes...needing them to play with a gifted passer. I think that Kass might fit the bill...

3rd line) I like having Schroeds here but we need a little more size and hitting in this department. This is one area that needs to be addressed... either bring in a winger or involve Schroeds in a trade for a big C

4th line) I think were ok in this department with guys like Pini coming back and the wolf boys...

Top 4 D) I love the guys now, but if a solid top 2D comes along than we trade for him....preferably someone with size and snarl ;)

Overall, I think we need that big C or wing that can play in the top 6 when needed... Or a top 2 Dman (this won't happen).

If a top 2D or a big 2nd/3rd line F aren't available than we should go for picks and prospects... Let's not forget that we have Jensen & Gaunce knocking on the door too.

Sedins / Burr

Booth / Kes / Kass

Higgy / Schroeds (or trade) / Hansen

Pini / Manny / Lappy

I know Gaunce would be better off with the Wolves next year, but wouldn't it be great to see a line with Jensen / Gaunce / Kass... I think we could put them on the 3rd line and they would be defensively responsible and put up points.

People keep saying we're SO STACKED..............BS! Do these people even look at some of the other teams?

Many of our players fade away in the best of 7 rounds. We need to get bigger. We lose focus so easily both at GM level and on these boards it is frightening.

The way I see it....

1st line) We know what we have with the Sedins / Burr line - could improve but we have the Kass option now

2nd line) A lot of posts regarding the 2nd line with Booth & Kes...needing them to play with a gifted passer. I think that Kass might fit the bill...

3rd line) I like having Schroeds here but we need a little more size and hitting in this department. This is one area that needs to be addressed... either bring in a winger or involve Schroeds in a trade for a big C

4th line) I think were ok in this department with guys like Pini coming back and the wolf boys...

Top 4 D) I love the guys now, but if a solid top 2D comes along than we trade for him....preferably someone with size and snarl ;)

Overall, I think we need that big C or wing that can play in the top 6 when needed... Or a top 2 Dman (this won't happen).

If a top 2D or a big 2nd/3rd line F aren't available than we should go for picks and prospects... Let's not forget that we have Jensen & Gaunce knocking on the door too.

Sedins / Burr

Booth / Kes / Kass

Higgy / Schroeds (or trade) / Hansen

Pini / Manny / Lappy

I know Gaunce would be better off with the Wolves next year, but wouldn't it be great to see a line with Jensen / Gaunce / Kass... I think we could put them on the 3rd line and they would be defensively responsible and put up points.

Archived