The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

When Kesler is back, who goes down?

King Heffy

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Unfortunately for Ebbett he played himself out of a roster spot early in the season.

If he gets sent down and makes it (likely) there's no re-entry waivers, so that's great. If he does get claimed, it really should not be hard to replace him.

On the W either Sweatt or Gordon can replace him, and if there's an injury at center Burrows is proving he can hold the fort..

Doesn't make sense to have Ebbett on the roster, when you have a developing, and improving Schroeder.

When Kes returns, Schroeder's going to be moved to the third line center position. Raymond, and Hansen may join him there on that third line, cause I don't see Hansen playing fourth line minutes. He's too useful to be placed there.

The lines when Kes gets back:

Sedin - Sedin - Burr

Higgins - Kesler - Kassian

Hansen - Schroeder - Raymond

Malhotra - Lappy - Weise

That's a pretty solid line up, I'd say.

I think that without either Volpatti or Wiese on the 4th, we may lack quite a bit of toughness. From what I've seen so far this year we've had a good equal ratio between lines of their jobs.

I wouldn't have thought a Higgins - Manny - Lappy line, would have a much grit to it in comparison to our current 4th line.. Just an opinion though. I know Higgins hasn't played that great since the start of the season (or is it just me?) but I don't see him as 4th liner doing much good to get him out of his rut.

Also, putting Kas down on the second line is going to prove a couple of things: Is he is as good as he has been by his own work, or if it is the twins making him better? I personally think it is his own doing. Though being shunted down to the 2nd line may make him look less skillful if he's with less quality players that can help create chances or trying to merge with a different tactic on the 2nd line. It'll be nice to see Burrows back with the twins IF this is the case, I still think that that's the best combination, but I do love the grit Kas adds to the top-line. There are just many many variations that this team can use at the moment..

I agree it will probably be Ebbet and I am ok with that but Volpatti has been taking one unnecessary penalty per game for at least the last three games.

I worry that he will be demoted if he doesn't stop this.

We need his hitting and toughness and if he has to clear waivers we may well lose him.

Maybe AV will just sit him if the problem continues and hope he learns from that.

In Volpatti's defense, some of his penalties have been pretty soft calls.

Archived