Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Jim Shepard Concerned Citizens Of BC makes borderline liable comment about Adrian Dix

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#31 bolt

bolt

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

Yeah, vote for the liberals who have been the biggest fraud artists this province has ever seen. They deserve to be wiped out, I will hold my nose and vote for NDP. A message needs to be sent.

#32 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

Adrian Dix will NEVER be premier..........bad track history

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#33 iwtl

iwtl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

I have this bad feeling that once the Liberals leave office we will see a repeat of what happened in Saskatchewan after Grant Devine left office. Give credit though where it's due - the BC Liberal propoganda people have done a fantastic job in the fear mongering department. They have people so dillusional that they will throw away their present and thier families futures just to keep them in power. The NDP are far from perfect but the sky will not fall - Kittens will not perish - and the Leafs will still not win the cup should they get elected. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones and one just needs to look at the BC Liberals own affairs from drunk driving - BC Rail - P3 Contracts and so on and so on and so on - Maybe instead of continuing the same party hack lines of fear mongering the right wing should clean up their own house. BC is currently run for and by big businuess. BC Should be run by the people and for the people. Neither union nor businuess should be dictating policy or law. Love them or hate them the NDP has it correct that the negative attack adds are an embarassment to this province. Surley after more than a decade in power the good deeds of the party should be more than ample to promote themselves. If after a decade in power all they and their supporters have is attacks and the same cliche's its like listning to someone try to debate when all the can do is stand there and swear repeatedly. In order to compinsate for having nothing good to stand on they need to rely on threats and intimidation.

The NDP really screwed up in the past and this current bunch of Liberals have also been horrible. I do not care who did what decades ago - who got busted for DUI. What I care about is BC wages have gone stagnant and businuess has overpowered all legislation. I want to know going into this election who is going to rebalance BC so that a poor working single parent has equal consideration as a billioionare who wants more - I want to know who is going to consider the impact of gutting benefits for workers ... 20 or 30 years down the road. A staggering amount of people lost jobs under this current regime to be remployed by contract flipping foriegn companies with little or no benifits. Those people have zero left to save for retirmenent. When they do and we need to find many BILLIONS to top them up as we let companies strip that from them --- will those same companies be willing to pay to help look after THEIR retired workers? Or will it be the tax payers subsidizing those companies profits of today?

I want a political party who will understand that when businuess records record profits at the same time that they stripping benenifits and pay that just maybe its time to end those tax breaks and use that money to make sure that after decades of work when they retire and need help that we have that money. I want a political party that can show us what they are doing - not a politcal party that for over a decade can only sling mud at others - a party that understands that a rich person deservers to earn what they have - but needs to pay a fair tax - that the hard working person can know that their goverment is standing up for them equally as much as they do for Businuess.

The NDP could keep running non stop adds attacking the BC Liberalsas well - Lord knows the Liberals have provided more than enough dirt to create the adds. But in the end what would we have? An all out battle of who can throw the biggest hissy fit and who can out smear the other person. Most people in BC are tired of it. We want to hear what politicians are doing - will do and how they are going to pay for it. We want them to specifically show us in concrete evidence where the money comes from and who gets it. We want them to show the actual benefit it will provide to businuess and workers and make sure that actually HAPPENS.

I don't need to hear that oh gee big shock - BC Liberals hate the NDP, nor do I need to hear that ( wait for it ) The NDP hates the Liberals. We can accept those 2 as truths so now its time to look at the present and the future. Putting families first shouldn't mean putting them first in line at the food bank - first in line at the bank for another credit card and first in line for that second and third low wage paying job that seems to be the only ones being created. I want to hear both parties plans to change that - who will do what - who pays and how it will be enforced.....
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness." - John Kenneth Galbraith

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. -
John Kenneth Galbraith

"This is the first test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible value to him." - William Lyon Phelps

#34 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

I have this bad feeling that once the Liberals leave office we will see a repeat of what happened in Saskatchewan after Grant Devine left office. Give credit though where it's due - the BC Liberal propoganda people have done a fantastic job in the fear mongering department.

Having personally lived through two bouts of BC NDP economic flu - (Barrett and Harcourt/Clark/Miller/Dosanjh) I have no desire to be exposed a third time. The last two times took years to dig out of the economic mess.

I go with George Santayana on this one:

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

And I remember the BC NDP all too well.
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#35 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

Adrian Dix will NEVER be premier..........bad track history

I am not quite so certain.

The sheeple were taken in by The Zalm.
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#36 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,048 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

Can't we all just agree they're BOTH slime-balls?
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#37 iwtl

iwtl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

The power to prevent an NDP goverment is open to the BC Liberals - however to access it they need to clean house - face the reality that they sold out to businuess so badly that people are willing to vote NDP and honestly face the challenge of rebalancing BC fairly for everyone not just corperate sponsers. People in BC rarely elect a party - we fire a party. The BC Liberals had the power to change that and instead put profits above people and most likely will deliver to you another NDP goverment. What you should be saying is that you have lived through horrible right winger goverments that gave birth to NDP goverments.

The sheeple are the right wing that are blind to this fact. The BC Liberals are driving people to the NDP - the NDP are not driving people to them. I suppose I should be happy that the right wing is so self centered and narrccasistic that they just keep marching and posting the same cliche's but I feel sorry for them. The right wing have lost the ability to care or consider others and have lost the ability to see any fault within themselves. It's now wonder our politics are so polorized and messed up. I am concerned with the right wing that have lost the ability at reasoned thought. I see an image of right wing supporters here pounding on a square peg trying to jam it through the round hole while screaming at it.

If an NDP goverment is not acceptable to someone a reasonable person would apply logic and help the other side ensure that people would want to vote for them instead of the NDP - that would be a logical thing to do. It seems reason and logic are not words applicable to them because they can not get past their own beliefs that because they say the BC Liberals are better everyone else must accept that or be deemed steeple or loonie or what ever the right wing cliche of the month is they are using. The sheeple are the right wing who have abandond reasonable and logical thinking to march only to the beat they have been told. No wonder we need new thinking in power - Reasonable and Logically must again be part of politics. Not sure if the NDP can deliver but I am more enclined to give them a chance at this time.

And when the NDP left power I thought I saw an auditors report recently that showed it was a surpless? Was that wrong?

http://thetyee.ca/Vi...ucturalDeficit/
http://thetyee.ca/Vi...llMisledPublic/

Now I know thats a labor blog but are those facts incorrect? The NDP made many mistakes but if those articles are correct - leaving a deficit to dig out of was not one of their faults.

Edited by iwtl, 07 February 2013 - 01:53 PM.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness." - John Kenneth Galbraith

John Kenneth Galbraith

"This is the first test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible value to him." - William Lyon Phelps

#38 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,048 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Liberals = crap. NDP = different crap. What a great choice.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#39 iwtl

iwtl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

http://thetyee.ca/Op...For-Adrian-Dix/

from that article best describes what I am saying - "Get off your butt, Mr. Dix, not because the BC Liberals might win but because you might just lose, and forever be linked with Gordon Campbell as another man who leaned on his oars when he should have been rowing like hell."

Politicians who believe we must beleive them because they say so - no matter what party they are from, and people that believe the race can be won at their pace without regard to others opinions will equally fit into the above statement mentioning both parties

John Kenneth Galbraith

#40 thedestroyerofworlds

thedestroyerofworlds

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

I love how people throw the NDP under the bus for how they "ran the province into the ground".
Even someone who lives under a rock knows that a significant portion of B.C.'s economy is resource based.

If you look at historical prices you will see that during the 90's, many prices were stagnant or dropped. Government didn't close the coal mines in Tumbler Ridge. It didn't reduce production, shut down production, prevent expansion, or reduced exploration. LOW/STAGNANT PRICES did it.

Now fast forward to the Liberal era. Prices recovered or went through the roof. Coal, oil, gold, etc. Now why are the coal mines reopened/reopening in Tumbler Ridge. Better coal prices, NOT A CHANGE IN GOVERNMENT.

And even with a rebounded resource sector, the LIbs couldn't get our finances in order. Controlled government spending my a$$

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds, 07 February 2013 - 02:41 PM.

#41 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

God help us all if the NFG NDP get back in.

Here is what will happen: Within one term, BC will be in economic ruin, which lead to another Liberal mega majority. I can't believe they even fly the NDP flag after they nearly ruined BC last time and were decimated inthe election.

Liberals= Lying Thieves, but at least they know what they are doing.

NDP= Completely inept buffoons. Look at the type of people running for the NDP. In my riding, it's a guy with no credentials, experience or education. Totally useless skinbags. But hey, if you are a lazy union member or waste of skin welfare bum, vote NDP, they are your meal ticket!

NDP members that were around during the 90's are Glen Clark clones, Dix broke the law and tried to cover up for him and thats why people are rightfully saying he is an ethical weakling. There is nothing libellous about it, it's fact, on the record. Nothing has changes with these morons.

If the NDP gets in, my house goes up for sale that day and I may never return to BC, I'm not just being dramatic, they are that bad of a "party".

Edited by scottiecanuck, 07 February 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#42 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,018 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Here is what will happen: Within one term, BC will be in economic ruin, which lead to another Liberal mega majority. I can't believe they even fly the NDP flag after they nearly ruined BC last time and were decimated inthe election.

NDP= Completely inept buffoons. Look at the type of people running for the NDP. In my riding, it's a guy with no credentials, experience or education. Totally useless skinbags. But hey, if you are a lazy union member or waste of skin welfare bum, vote NDP, they are your meal ticket!

NDP members that were around during the 90's are Glen Clark clones, Dix broke the law and tried to cover up for him and thats why people are rightfully saying he is an ethical weakling. There is nothing libellous about it, it's fact, on the record. Nothing has changes with these morons.

If the NDP gets in, my house goes up for sale that day and I may never return to BC, I'm not just being dramatic, they are that bad of a "party".

As Bob Dylan sings: "you're gonna make me loneseome when you go" .. -_-

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#43 iwtl

iwtl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

This is 2 examples of BC Liberal math and my reasons why it must change

#1 - To reduce costs in a Hospital they order a withdrawal in patient unit closed. The goverment states this will save approx 1/2 a million a year ( approx - numbers are hypothectical but the mathmatical forumula is correct ). They list on the books a 1/2 million dollar savings in the budget. The further list that it becomes a 5 million dollar savings over 10 years. They then spend that 1/2 a million in corperate tax cuts saying its revenue neutral because they had an equal redudant services cut elsewhere to off set it.

That's what they say

What really happens is - the patients previously seen on that unit now clog up Emerg departments bordering the facility that closed. They run up overtime and costs by atleast double - costing hypothetically ( and I am really low balling this guess ) 1 million a year. That 1 million a year in extra costs is not counted against the savings. No where does it appear in the accounting. In fact over ten years it becomes a 5 million liability that could have been avioded. That 5 million with an equal 5 million in tax cuts now equals a 10 million dollar liability that is is not reported or factored in the budget. Nice shell game huh lol ?

The people doing these budget cuts and planning are not UNION. They are appointed positions. No small or large businuess could survive with that kind of running. A dollar is a dollar no matter which budget it comes from. The BC Liberals are masters at tax and debt transference. See how that surplus really wasn't?

#2 Privitization. Again these numbers are hypothetical only - this is for demonstration purposes on the process not the final numbers. The BC Liberals refuse to release these numbers for some reason ....

A goverment run building ( hospital - care home - what ever ) pays let say $2 million a year in wages and benetits to housekeeping. The BC Liberals annouce to save money they are contracting those jobs out to a foriegn national company whos main office is not in North America.

Under the current cost of $2 million a year both provincal and federal goverments collectivally collect back 20per cent or better in taxes. So lets go with 15% and say that $300,000 is collected back. The workers get no HST/GST rebates as they earn to much and also get no BC Medical or childcare subsideis. That leaves $1,700,000 spent back into the economy. Total cost to the tax payers for this service ends up being 1.7 Million.

Under privitization from the documents that have been provided no savings in costs have been noted. The savings are in not having to operationalize and manage the department. Lets say on a very high end that results in 200K a year in administrated savings. So now we have - 1.8 Million paid to a foriegn company. That company pays 1 million out in wages. The workers now are below the poverty line with little or no beneifits. They pay no taxes and are fully subsidized for BC medical - child care and get full HST/PST rebates. The company pays no little or no taxes provincially ( they do however donate to political parties of their choice ).
The total number of workers in both are approx 40. 40 workers collecting full HST/PST rebates and free BC Medical and assisted dental etc cost approx $2000 a year in taxpayer funded add ons. That's another 80 thousand in costs. So contracting out has an overalll cost of $1,880,000 or 180k more per year 1.8 million more over 10 years. Also none of the new workers have any money for retirment so when they do retire they will come on the books at 500 to 800 more per month in CPP that they would not get with their former superanuation - adding millions more per year to the federal taxes.

So they brag that contracting out saved big money and large totals when factored in over a long term. The costs in other departments of goverment like BC Med - child care go up - taxes collected go down and a few decades down the road we dump a billion dollar liability on the federal tax payers. Had this or any goverment be forced to show cost increases that where a result of the move - impact on all levels and show the true costs .... A logical person would have gone to those house keepers and said for a $1 buck an hour wage roll back we will give you a contract that ensures no contracting out !!! - Then we would have had real - measurable and provable savings all across the board. Insead we have a shell game of hide the debt that is going to hit our kids and grandkids like a tidal wave to pay for a corperate tax profit agenda that only considers how much we made today and not long term true costs and survivability ... aka best bang for our money.

John Kenneth Galbraith

#44 iwtl

iwtl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Complete utter rubbish. In Canada anyone has the democratic right to run for office and through out our history some of our best leaders have had no formal University education. To suggest those that don't are useless skinbags is an attack on the Country and our democracy. This is exactly the nonsene being spread by born a with a silver spoon in their mouth generation that have been taught that the value of a man is his bank account and what it will provide ..

And although many on welfare shouldn't to suggest that welfare recipiant are a waste of skin and bums is complete utter garbage. Your comments are disgraceful - just google BC Cancer patients run out of EI and end up on welfare .....

Edited by iwtl, 07 February 2013 - 04:20 PM.

John Kenneth Galbraith

#45 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

I don't want this sneaky fraud in charge of our province.

Do you know of any politician who isn't a sneaky fraud? I'm not being flip, I really want to know.
Posted Image

#46 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,127 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

Do you know of any politician who isn't a sneaky fraud? I'm not being flip, I really want to know.

I wouldn't say sneaky fraud as much as I would say a liar.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#47 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

I wouldn't say sneaky fraud as much as I would say a liar.

I would like to see a politician with integrity. I know, I know, wish in one hand...........
Posted Image

#48 lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Complete utter rubbish. In Canada anyone has the democratic right to run for office and through out our history some of our best leaders have had no formal University education. To suggest those that don't are useless skinbags is an attack on the Country and our democracy. This is exactly the nonsene being spread by born a with a silver spoon in their mouth generation that have been taught that the value of a man is his bank account and what it will provide ..

And although many on welfare shouldn't to suggest that welfare recipiant are a waste of skin and bums is complete utter garbage. Your comments are disgraceful - just google BC Cancer patients run out of EI and end up on welfare .....

I didn't mean to say that people without an education are stupid or useless, I am just a working joe myself.

I do mean to say that the NDP is useless and bad for the economy in every way.
It was because the NDP are such a loose group of fools that the Liberals got such an almost 100% majority
and have sold off BC uncontested. And it's still theSAME NAMES AND FACES!! THats how dumb they are!!!

I will say one good thing about the NFG NDP though, they are a perfect minority opposition to the LIBS.

Also I didn't say everyone on welfare is a waste of skin, but those who are welfare bums are wastes of skin who should vote NDP. Anyone legitimately on welfare shouldn't have to worry. Anyone who can do something should do something.

Edited by scottiecanuck, 07 February 2013 - 06:53 PM.

#49 lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

I would like to see a politician with integrity. I know, I know, wish in one hand...........

Chuck Cadman rip

#50 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

Chuck Cadman rip

^^^^ This :(

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#51 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 11,207 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

Yeah, vote for the liberals who have been the biggest fraud artists this province has ever seen. They deserve to be wiped out, I will hold my nose and vote for NDP. A message needs to be sent.

At what cost? The NDP destroyed this province last time. The Liberals had to make some unpopular decisions when they came in to fix the NDP mess. I don't agree with some of the Liberal moves but could you imagine where this province would be if the NDP was at the helm during the financial collapse of 2008 (shudders).

Dix is as shady as they come and you can just see that he has a hidden agenda that will sink this province worse than he did the last time the NDP screwed us.

fzbyi9.jpg

#52 iwtl

iwtl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

I didn't mean to say that people without an education are stupid or useless, I am just a working joe myself.

I do mean to say that the NDP is useless and bad for the economy in every way.
It was because the NDP are such a loose group of fools that the Liberals got such an almost 100% majority
and have sold off BC uncontested. And it's still theSAME NAMES AND FACES!! THats how dumb they are!!!

I will say one good thing about the NFG NDP though, they are a perfect minority opposition to the LIBS.

Also I didn't say everyone on welfare is a waste of skin, but those who are welfare bums are wastes of skin who should vote NDP. Anyone legitimately on welfare shouldn't have to worry. Anyone who can do something should do something.

I also stated my belief that those who can work - should work. There are unfortunately many to no fault of their own end up on welfare and working is simply not an option ( sick - on the run abused women etc ). People in those groups already feel a stigma and depression of having to depend on people for help - they are far from being in the same breath as healthy people who by choice stay on welfare. I have posted on this site a couple of years ago with my opinion that welfare needs 3 classifications of pay. The title of welfare should only be applied to those that can work but choose not to work - people on medical or family reasons should not be grouped with the first group - they should have different names ( such as Medical leave assistance - family need assistance etc ). I know someone at work who after running out of paid sick time and EI sick time ended up on welfare while waiting for disability to kick in - they felt a real shame at having to acknowledge being on welfare and when they came off it a real anger to those that have never been in the desperate position applying labels without knowing that persons journey.

Why explain? I think this is a good example of how alot of right wing leaning folks don't look at the entire picture before forming an opinion. We can all agree that people scamming welfare are cheats - crooks and bad. But applying a label to people because of economic status or education status is wrong and hopefully will prompt someone to push that pause button before painting everyone with that same brush.

John Kenneth Galbraith

#53 iwtl

iwtl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

At what cost? The NDP destroyed this province last time. The Liberals had to make some unpopular decisions when they came in to fix the NDP mess. I don't agree with some of the Liberal moves but could you imagine where this province would be if the NDP was at the helm during the financial collapse of 2008 (shudders).

Dix is as shady as they come and you can just see that he has a hidden agenda that will sink this province worse than he did the last time the NDP screwed us.

http://thetyee.ca/Views/2005/04/20/CampbellMisledPublic/
http://thetyee.ca/Vi...ucturalDeficit/

What mess? If those articles are correct they left a record surplus. The mess was created by massive tax cuts especially to business coupled with blind sighted privatization of jobs that resulted in an economic downturn in spending at the local level. In a sense they never thought ahead to what the impact of tens of thousands of workers dropping fro 18 bucks an hour to 10 bucks an hour ( less spending means less GST collected - means deficit. ) . One can change the lipstick on the pig as often as one wants - it won't make it anything more than a pig in lipstick. The Liberals created the mess your talking about.

John Kenneth Galbraith

#54 thedestroyerofworlds

thedestroyerofworlds

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

Libs throw the Dix memo, I’ll raise you the Maui wowie. Virtually to a man and woman, Libs supported ole Gordon after his criminal endeavor.

Bingo-gate… I’ll raise you the BC Rail debacle. How BC taxpayer’s foot the legal bills of the criminal insiders we’d all like to know.
Fast Ferries… I’ll raise you the BC Place roof and the Port Mann.

Illegally ripping up contracts and imposing no wage increases for years. Ole CC made some illegal decisions during her days in the Education portfolio. I’d love for the current loser to explain how as a teacher he was critical of how education was going, but now…silence.

#55 inane

inane

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,105 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

I had no idea what 'concerned citizens of bc' was so I went to their website. Front page, attack ad against the NDP. How to help page, attacking the NDP.You decide page, same thing.

So, a Liberal hackjob website is attacking Dix. Why is this a thread on its own? This just gives legitimacy to these clowns.

#56 iwtl

iwtl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

That group is so concerned that things like

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ax-charges.html

Or

http://www.cknw.com/...aspx?ID=1882051

Are not on that website. Does that imply that they are ok with allegations of tax cheating and blocking Canadian workers? Or does it imply that in fact its just a shrill group using fake concern as a front to keep slinging the mud?

Edited by iwtl, 07 February 2013 - 09:20 PM.

John Kenneth Galbraith

#57 canucks since 77

canucks since 77

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Whats wrong with the Green party? Everybody seems to treat them like the plague. Even CBC rarely has them as guests on power and politics. Seems a little bias to me. Do you really think they would be worse than the Libs or NDP? Curious.

Edited by canucks since 77, 07 February 2013 - 09:22 PM.

Politeness is the first step to respect!

#58 iwtl

iwtl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

The BC Liberals love the green party - their vote splitting won them the last election. So ya kinda surprised that Cristy isn't there biggest supporter. Every vote for them is essentially a vote for the Liberals..... I like some of there parties platform but once you get beyond environmental issues they are weak on much substance in regards to economic issues.

John Kenneth Galbraith

#59 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

Whats wrong with the Green party? Everybody seems to treat them like the plague. Even CBC rarely has them as guests on power and politics. Seems a little bias to me. Do you really think they would be worse than the Libs or NDP? Curious.

short answer: yes

#60 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,018 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

I just added "stexx" and "iwtl" to my friends list .. because I believe they speak the truth .. show me a politician who has never bent the law, and I will show you an un-employed lawyer ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.