The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Shepard Concerned Citizens Of BC makes borderline liable comment about Adrian Dix

J529

God help us all if the NFG NDP get back in.

Here is what will happen: Within one term, BC will be in economic ruin, which lead to another Liberal mega majority. I can't believe they even fly the NDP flag after they nearly ruined BC last time and were decimated inthe election.

Liberals= Lying Thieves, but at least they know what they are doing.

NDP= Completely inept buffoons. Look at the type of people running for the NDP. In my riding, it's a guy with no credentials, experience or education. Totally useless skinbags. But hey, if you are a lazy union member or waste of skin welfare bum, vote NDP, they are your meal ticket!

NDP members that were around during the 90's are Glen Clark clones, Dix broke the law and tried to cover up for him and thats why people are rightfully saying he is an ethical weakling. There is nothing libellous about it, it's fact, on the record. Nothing has changes with these morons.

If the NDP gets in, my house goes up for sale that day and I may never return to BC, I'm not just being dramatic, they are that bad of a "party".

Here is what will happen: Within one term, BC will be in economic ruin, which lead to another Liberal mega majority. I can't believe they even fly the NDP flag after they nearly ruined BC last time and were decimated inthe election.

NDP= Completely inept buffoons. Look at the type of people running for the NDP. In my riding, it's a guy with no credentials, experience or education. Totally useless skinbags. But hey, if you are a lazy union member or waste of skin welfare bum, vote NDP, they are your meal ticket!

NDP members that were around during the 90's are Glen Clark clones, Dix broke the law and tried to cover up for him and thats why people are rightfully saying he is an ethical weakling. There is nothing libellous about it, it's fact, on the record. Nothing has changes with these morons.

If the NDP gets in, my house goes up for sale that day and I may never return to BC, I'm not just being dramatic, they are that bad of a "party".

This is 2 examples of BC Liberal math and my reasons why it must change

#1 - To reduce costs in a Hospital they order a withdrawal in patient unit closed. The goverment states this will save approx 1/2 a million a year ( approx - numbers are hypothectical but the mathmatical forumula is correct ). They list on the books a 1/2 million dollar savings in the budget. The further list that it becomes a 5 million dollar savings over 10 years. They then spend that 1/2 a million in corperate tax cuts saying its revenue neutral because they had an equal redudant services cut elsewhere to off set it.

That's what they say

What really happens is - the patients previously seen on that unit now clog up Emerg departments bordering the facility that closed. They run up overtime and costs by atleast double - costing hypothetically ( and I am really low balling this guess ) 1 million a year. That 1 million a year in extra costs is not counted against the savings. No where does it appear in the accounting. In fact over ten years it becomes a 5 million liability that could have been avioded. That 5 million with an equal 5 million in tax cuts now equals a 10 million dollar liability that is is not reported or factored in the budget. Nice shell game huh lol ?

The people doing these budget cuts and planning are not UNION. They are appointed positions. No small or large businuess could survive with that kind of running. A dollar is a dollar no matter which budget it comes from. The BC Liberals are masters at tax and debt transference. See how that surplus really wasn't?

#2 Privitization. Again these numbers are hypothetical only - this is for demonstration purposes on the process not the final numbers. The BC Liberals refuse to release these numbers for some reason ....

A goverment run building ( hospital - care home - what ever ) pays let say $2 million a year in wages and benetits to housekeeping. The BC Liberals annouce to save money they are contracting those jobs out to a foriegn national company whos main office is not in North America.

Under the current cost of $2 million a year both provincal and federal goverments collectivally collect back 20per cent or better in taxes. So lets go with 15% and say that $300,000 is collected back. The workers get no HST/GST rebates as they earn to much and also get no BC Medical or childcare subsideis. That leaves $1,700,000 spent back into the economy. Total cost to the tax payers for this service ends up being 1.7 Million.

Under privitization from the documents that have been provided no savings in costs have been noted. The savings are in not having to operationalize and manage the department. Lets say on a very high end that results in 200K a year in administrated savings. So now we have - 1.8 Million paid to a foriegn company. That company pays 1 million out in wages. The workers now are below the poverty line with little or no beneifits. They pay no taxes and are fully subsidized for BC medical - child care and get full HST/PST rebates. The company pays no little or no taxes provincially ( they do however donate to political parties of their choice ).

The total number of workers in both are approx 40. 40 workers collecting full HST/PST rebates and free BC Medical and assisted dental etc cost approx $2000 a year in taxpayer funded add ons. That's another 80 thousand in costs. So contracting out has an overalll cost of $1,880,000 or 180k more per year 1.8 million more over 10 years. Also none of the new workers have any money for retirment so when they do retire they will come on the books at 500 to 800 more per month in CPP that they would not get with their former superanuation - adding millions more per year to the federal taxes.

So they brag that contracting out saved big money and large totals when factored in over a long term. The costs in other departments of goverment like BC Med - child care go up - taxes collected go down and a few decades down the road we dump a billion dollar liability on the federal tax payers. Had this or any goverment be forced to show cost increases that where a result of the move - impact on all levels and show the true costs .... A logical person would have gone to those house keepers and said for a $1 buck an hour wage roll back we will give you a contract that ensures no contracting out !!! - Then we would have had real - measurable and provable savings all across the board. Insead we have a shell game of hide the debt that is going to hit our kids and grandkids like a tidal wave to pay for a corperate tax profit agenda that only considers how much we made today and not long term true costs and survivability ... aka best bang for our money.

Complete utter rubbish. In Canada anyone has the democratic right to run for office and through out our history some of our best leaders have had no formal University education. To suggest those that don't are useless skinbags is an attack on the Country and our democracy. This is exactly the nonsene being spread by born a with a silver spoon in their mouth generation that have been taught that the value of a man is his bank account and what it will provide ..

And although many on welfare shouldn't to suggest that welfare recipiant are a waste of skin and bums is complete utter garbage. Your comments are disgraceful - just google BC Cancer patients run out of EI and end up on welfare .....

I didn't mean to say that people without an education are stupid or useless, I am just a working joe myself.

I do mean to say that the NDP is useless and bad for the economy in every way.

It was because the NDP are such a loose group of fools that the Liberals got such an almost 100% majority

and have sold off BC uncontested. And it's still theSAME NAMES AND FACES!! THats how dumb they are!!!

I will say one good thing about the NFG NDP though, they are a perfect minority opposition to the LIBS.

Also I didn't say everyone on welfare is a waste of skin, but those who are welfare bums are wastes of skin who should vote NDP. Anyone legitimately on welfare shouldn't have to worry. Anyone who can do something should do something.

At what cost? The NDP destroyed this province last time. The Liberals had to make some unpopular decisions when they came in to fix the NDP mess. I don't agree with some of the Liberal moves but could you imagine where this province would be if the NDP was at the helm during the financial collapse of 2008 (shudders).

Dix is as shady as they come and you can just see that he has a hidden agenda that will sink this province worse than he did the last time the NDP screwed us.

People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

Libs throw the Dix memo, I’ll raise you the Maui wowie. Virtually to a man and woman, Libs supported ole Gordon after his criminal endeavor.

Bingo-gate… I’ll raise you the BC Rail debacle. How BC taxpayer’s foot the legal bills of the criminal insiders we’d all like to know.

Fast Ferries… I’ll raise you the BC Place roof and the Port Mann.

Illegally ripping up contracts and imposing no wage increases for years. Ole CC made some illegal decisions during her days in the Education portfolio. I’d love for the current loser to explain how as a teacher he was critical of how education was going, but now…silence.

I had no idea what 'concerned citizens of bc' was so I went to their website. Front page, attack ad against the NDP. How to help page, attacking the NDP.You decide page, same thing.

So, a Liberal hackjob website is attacking Dix. Why is this a thread on its own? This just gives legitimacy to these clowns.

That group is so concerned that things like

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ax-charges.html

Or

http://www.cknw.com/...aspx?ID=1882051

Are not on that website. Does that imply that they are ok with allegations of tax cheating and blocking Canadian workers? Or does it imply that in fact its just a shrill group using fake concern as a front to keep slinging the mud?

The BC Liberals love the green party - their vote splitting won them the last election. So ya kinda surprised that Cristy isn't there biggest supporter. Every vote for them is essentially a vote for the Liberals..... I like some of there parties platform but once you get beyond environmental issues they are weak on much substance in regards to economic issues.

Whats wrong with the Green party? Everybody seems to treat them like the plague. Even CBC rarely has them as guests on power and politics. Seems a little bias to me. Do you really think they would be worse than the Libs or NDP? Curious.

Archived