The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cory Schneider interview in the Province

Gonz

I agree with this. If he really didn't know about his agent's plan to speak to the media and give him the go ahead to talk, then he needs a new agent. I get that it's his agent's job to advocate on his behalf to try and make sure his value is as high as it can be, but man. That was not a good move, whining about ice time. Especially not after the Cody Fiasco last year. Can you imagine if Cory gets traded now? "Well, he wasn't getting enough starts so he wanted out" .. eugh. Not the way you want to be painted.

Are you kidding me?

How long has Gillis been attempting to make one stinking trade?

Give me a break.If you can't figure out that Cory is the #1 and Roberto is being traded you are in trouble.

"We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have -- and it's not who anybody thinks it is -- and so we have to wait," Gillis told the Sun.

If the best offer the Vancouver Canucks get for goalie Roberto Luongo happens to come from a fellow Western Conference team, then that’s the offer general manager Mike Gillis says he’ll give the most consideration.

“I’m pretty pragmatic,” Gillis told TEAM 1040 radio today.

“I care about our team and having the best team here in Vancouver that we can have. So if that means in our conference, that’s what it means.”

Babe ,when GIllis goes on the record multiple times in the past months and recent weeks saying he is trading Luongo what does that mean and entail for Cory between the pipes in Vancouver?

Pretty hard to convince some people which way the wind is blowing.

And how is that attempt to trade him working out?

The bottom line is Schneider is the easier piece to move, and will likely get the same or higher return.

If a team calls Gillis up tomorrow and says "I'll give you this young star player for Schneider", you don't think Gillis would consider it?

“He was speaking his mind and it’s not different from what everybody else has been saying in the media for the past six months."CS

Everybody knows the story,Bro.

Cory is the new #1 and Roberto was never to come back to Vancouver to play as a Canuck again.

That is what the deal is.I suspect you never got the memo?

U are a pathetic person. Put itself in his shoes for 1 second before u say something so dumb. He has been a legitimate #1 for probably at least a year or two and wants his chance. Signed with us thinking he is going to get a chance. Still is a solid teammate regardless how frustrating this might be. He has shown his true colours for a long time and I respect the guy for it

*Personal attack comment removed*. Put itself in his shoes for 1 second before u say something so dumb. He has been a legitimate #1 for probably at least a year or two and wants his chance. Signed with us thinking he is going to get a chance. Still is a solid teammate regardless how frustrating this might be. He has shown his true colours for a long time and I respect the guy for it

Archived