170 replies to this topic

#31 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

If only there was some way to merge our goalies into some sort of supra-goalie, a Roberory Schnuongero or some such being.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#32 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

Babe ,when GIllis goes on the record multiple times in the past months and recent weeks saying he is trading Luongo what does that mean and entail for Cory between the pipes in Vancouver?
Pretty hard to convince some people which way the wind is blowing.

Well if that was case we wouldnt have a CONTROVERSY!

#33 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,404 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Babe ,when GIllis goes on the record multiple times in the past months and recent weeks saying he is trading Luongo what does that mean and entail for Cory between the pipes in Vancouver?
Pretty hard to convince some people which way the wind is blowing.

Like How Gillis went on the record explaining why CoHo was traded?

Is it easy to pick and choose what you believe from him or do you spend lots of time trying to figure it out?

For a guy constantly whining about people saying Coho asked for a trade.....
Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

Sorry, lost in internet translation, plus so many people here say hes number one, like the nucks said it. I grow tired of non backed statements.

Cheers mate!

Cheers! ;)

I get most weary of non-backed statements too, as though we're supposed to take someone's personal spin on out of context comments as gospel. No thanks, show me the direct quotes or it's all conjecture and fluff and the ramblings of wishful minds!

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 06 February 2013 - 10:39 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#35 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

Like How Gillis went on the record explaining why CoHo was traded?

Is it easy to pick and choose what you believe from him or do you spend lots of time trying to figure it out?

For a guy constantly whining about people saying Coho asked for a trade.....

Cheers! ;)

I get most weary of non-backed statements too, as though we're supposed to take someone's personal spin on out of context comments as gospel. No thanks, show me the direct quotes or it's all conjecture and fluff and the ramblings of wishful minds!

This cant be happening. Clear thinking minds on CDC!

#36 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,404 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

I'm always like this.

BB probably just got new meds or something. :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 monza

monza

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

NO ONE EVER SAID "CORY SCHNEIDER IS THE NUMBER ONE GOALTENDER"

AV even said he has "2 #1's"

CS's true colours are showing!

U are a pathetic person. Put itself in his shoes for 1 second before u say something so dumb. He has been a legitimate #1 for probably at least a year or two and wants his chance. Signed with us thinking he is going to get a chance. Still is a solid teammate regardless how frustrating this might be. He has shown his true colours for a long time and I respect the guy for it

#38 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,499 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

U are a pathetic person. Put itself in his shoes for 1 second before u say something so dumb. He has been a legitimate #1 for probably at least a year or two and wants his chance. Signed with us thinking he is going to get a chance. Still is a solid teammate regardless how frustrating this might be. He has shown his true colours for a long time and I respect the guy for it

And this makes him pathetic in what way? .. you are a misguided person .. why? .. based on your diassociation ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#39 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

I'm always like this.

BB probably just got new meds or something. :D

Posted Image

It's the cookies, EotM, it's those special WTN cookies, I tells ya! :P

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 06 February 2013 - 10:59 PM.

#40 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

*Personal attack comment removed*. Put itself in his shoes for 1 second before u say something so dumb. He has been a legitimate #1 for probably at least a year or two and wants his chance. Signed with us thinking he is going to get a chance. Still is a solid teammate regardless how frustrating this might be. He has shown his true colours for a long time and I respect the guy for it

Cite your sources for your claims and provide the facts that prove your comments, please.

Oh, and the posting of the personal attacks is more likely to land you in hot water than make you appear like a tough guy. Just sayin'.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 06 February 2013 - 11:00 PM.

#41 tigerwilliams for pm

tigerwilliams for pm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

http://www.theprovin...html?rel=837260

This is for the idiots who claim Schneider told his agent to complain to the media or has been complaining to his agent.

Don't bother posting hatred for the team your'ee suppose be supporting by making up lies or assuming negative things against players without facts.

I dont get this at all. The whole point to a forum like this is to basically state your opinion on whats going on with the team.& pretty much 75% of what is discussed is speculation. Most of us are not in touch with MG personally. So together we discus what we think is going on. Is expressing a negative opinion about a subject or trying to put 2 & 2 together hatred? Im thinking more like constructive criticism.

#42 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

And how is that attempt to trade him working out?

The bottom line is Schneider is the easier piece to move, and will likely get the same or higher return.

If a team calls Gillis up tomorrow and says "I'll give you this young star player for Schneider", you don't think Gillis would consider it?

Unless it is a young star player, or a ridiculous over payment of some kind that makes sense for us, then I wouldn't consider it.

zackass.png

#43 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

If Schneider, is the sole and clear number 1, why after tomorrow will him Lu have started the same amount of games?
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#44 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

Funny how no one produced the #1 starter quote?

Edited by scarface173, 07 February 2013 - 12:51 AM.

#45 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,603 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

My post from the 'schnieder starts vs wild' thread:

Why the hell do people get so upset at someone speaking honestly rather than replying with no comment or cliches? He was being truthful when he said there were be an issue if Luongo starts 40 out of the 48 games but that he realizes the Canucks need time to orchestrate a deal involving a goalie of Luongo's calibre.

Mike Liut's follow up interview:
http://www.teamradio.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Mike-Liut-Full-Interview.mp3

Gillis' reaction interview (along with other stuff in there too):
http://www.teamradio.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Mike-Gillis-Feb-5th.mp3

Nothing sensational in either of them unless someone turns it into something more than what it is.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#46 BingoBangoBongo1

BingoBangoBongo1

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

That's like dreaming of marrying an unbelievably hot set of twins.

Kinda like drafting the Sedins together?

#47 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,199 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

Don't really care, as long as he takes care of business I'll be happy.I don't care who is this teams starter, as long as they're better than the guy we trade away...
Posted Image

#48 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

How would you know?

#49 j3ff

j3ff

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

Anyone feels worry for CS? What if he lets in 4 goals tomorrow and the Canucks lost 4-3? hum.....

i'm not worried for him he's getting paid 4 million a year to do his job so the expectations are high he needs to perform

the guy everybody is making a commotion about playing ahead of him is getting paid more and showing why he deserves it

#50 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,957 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

In a perfect world you don't let your starting #1 have the media eat him for breakfast and let it get so far out of control the guy wants out.
I see Gillis is doing a good job reigning in the: ' Cory Schneider is p.o.'d story'.Too bad he thought so little of Luongo to afford him the same grace.
All in a day's work for the GM.

There was absolutely nothing in the article saying Schneider was po'd. Nor have I seen MG say a negative word regarding Lou. as a matter of fact he's said Lou has been nothing but professional.
Posted Image

#51 jensen383

jensen383

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

Cheers! ;)

The statement made that Cory was number one was made by Gillis by way of a legal contract of $12 million for 3 years. If Gillis was not directly saying Cory was number 1 then he should be fired for spending that much for a goaltender that is not the teams number 1.

#52 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,957 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

And how is that attempt to trade him working out?

The bottom line is Schneider is the easier piece to move, and will likely get the same or higher return.

If a team calls Gillis up tomorrow and says "I'll give you this young star player for Schneider", you don't think Gillis would consider it?

Gillis already said if the offer is good enough anybody is moveable. Although I disagree Corey would fetch a better return. Although I think Corey is the better tender, Lou is the proven commodity.
Posted Image

#53 canidiot

canidiot

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

is there actually a rule that says we can only have one goaltender on the ice at once. if we only put out 2 forwards and 2 defence we could have 2 tenders then they could truely share the net.

#54 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

Seriously, you believe Schneider when he says he didnt even know..... whatever, he knew. Whiny baby,trying to cover his tracks. I hope he gets blown out tomorrow.

LLL

LONG

LIVE

LUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

So you think Schneids is a liar and you want the Nucks to lose to Min. By a 'blow out' no less.

Now there's a real Canuck fan. Oh, and you got a plus, so there's two of you. How sweet!

Enjoy the game, boys.

#55 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,957 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

I dont get this at all. The whole point to a forum like this is to basically state your opinion on whats going on with the team.& pretty much 75% of what is discussed is speculation. Most of us are not in touch with MG personally. So together we discus what we think is going on. Is expressing a negative opinion about a subject or trying to put 2 & 2 together hatred? Im thinking more like constructive criticism.

When they keep coming up with 3 as the answer it is something of a problem. There's enough lemmings here that as soon as one says "Corey put him up to it" or "Luit has gone to the press to complain" that they'll all start running off the cliff believing it as gospel. many without even taking the time to read the article for themselves. There was absolutely nothing in the Sun article remotely suggesting either of those statements were true. Putting 2 and 2 together is one thing, to blatantly make crap up is quite another. The article read to me that Liut was contacted by the paper and answered their questions, which he has since confirmed. That's reading and putting 2 and 2 together.

It's unfortunate that there's this Lou versus Corey split among Canuck fans. The fans of one side is constantly jumping on any opportunity they can make up to make the other player look bad (hate). The reaction to this Sun article by some is a perfect example of it.
Posted Image

#56 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

Cory and Luongo are such class acts... I bet they get a kick out of all this goalie controversy media frenzy!
Posted Image

#57 spentral

spentral

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:34 AM

this one time in high school, i had a crush on this girl... i told her best friend instead of saying it myself..... leaves me in the clear and still got my point across... might not be the case with cory, but just sayin'. i dated that girl for three years. doesnt clear anything up, but its a nice example of making your voice heard without any talking

#58 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

this one time in high school, i had a crush on this girl... i told her best friend instead of saying it myself..... leaves me in the clear and still got my point across... might not be the case with cory, but just sayin'. i dated that girl for three years. doesnt clear anything up, but its a nice example of making your voice heard without any talking

this one time at band camp....
Posted Image

#59 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

Don't really care, as long as he takes care of business I'll be happy.I don't care who is this teams starter, as long as they're better than the guy we trade away...

Wait hold on.

You go from calling Schneider a whining baby and immature to "I don't care"

Sounds like your bitter.

zackass.png

#60 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

If only there was some way to merge our goalies into some sort of supra-goalie, a Roberory Schnuongero or some such being.

Rory Schlongo!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.