170 replies to this topic

#91 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

really is that what the deal is? is that why Luongo is still here and is far outplaying Schneider so far?

the deal has changed, if MG knew Luongo was going to come back and play like this the thought of trading him would have never even entered his head in the offseason

Not the case at all, Luo's playoff inconsistency is the reason behind the trade thought. Luo's regular season play is never the problem its has been oustanding his whole career.

#92 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

The fact is that your opionion(s) has no factual bases. Still hoping for your team to be blown out?

Not the team, just Schneider, maybe, I don't know, lets say three quick ones in the first.

Then Luooooooooo can come in and save the day, the team surging upon his heroic reclaimantion of the net, storming back to a 4-3 OT winner, ultimately solidifying his position of the #1 goalie and quieting his doubtbers once and for all; at least till the playoffs. :emot-parrot:

Edited by The Creature Blue Lagoon, 21 February 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#93 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,984 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Seriously, you believe Schneider when he says he didnt even know..... whatever, he knew. Whiny baby,trying to cover his tracks. I hope he gets blown out tomorrow.

LLL

LONG

LIVE

LUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

A true fan would never wish a blowout loss upon their goaltender.

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#94 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Well if that was case we wouldnt have a CONTROVERSY!

There isnt one, its made up by people like you who think CS isnt the starter.

Edited by rfus88, 07 February 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#95 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

Seriously, you believe Schneider when he says he didnt even know..... whatever, he knew. Whiny baby,trying to cover his tracks. I hope he gets blown out tomorrow.

LLL

LONG

LIVE

Luongo gets pulled in playoffs. Asks for trade. Who`s the whiner ?

#96 Dustin77

Dustin77

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

God, why can't we keep both of these guys. They're such good people.

In a perfect world, we could afford both and they would share the crease evenly.

That's like dreaming of marrying an unbelievably hot set of twins.

And then nailing their hot milf mom without either one of them caring one bit..
LORD STANLEYS MUG WANTS TO BE IN VANCOUVER BC 2012/13

#97 MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

LLL

LONG

LIVE

I am a Lu fan and really want him to stay..... But why would you want our team to get blown out? There is still 2 points we need.
Posted Image
Sig pic by -Vintage Canuck- Thank You!!!!

Love the Canucks!

Keep Loungo in Vancouver :towel:
http://www.ipetition...o-in-vancouver/

#98 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Please do show the video or quote where Luo specifically asked for a trade? Once again, more mindless drivel from someone swallowing the media-driven garbage hook, line and sinker. :picard:

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 07 February 2013 - 05:35 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#99 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Edited by scarface173, 21 February 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#100 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

he said if they asked him to waive his NTC then he would
he didn't say "I want to be traded"

just like nobody said "Schneider is officially our #1 starter"

why is this so hard for Lu-haters to get, instead they just keep making up crap

#101 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Please do show the video or quote where Luo specifically asked for a trade? Once again, more mindless drivel from someone swallowing the media-driven garbage hook, line and sinker. :picard:

Quote from Gillis on 1040 that Luongo approached him in the summer about exploring options for him, dig it up yourself .

More mindless drivel from a more informed fan than yourself

Edited by rfus88, 07 February 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#102 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

he said if they asked him to waive his NTC then he would
he didn't say "I want to be traded"

just like nobody said "Schneider is officially our #1 starter"

why is this so hard for Lu-haters to get, instead they just keep making up crap

See above post for wanting to be traded, gillis quoted it.

You don't sign CS to that type of contract if he's your backup, especially with Luongos contract. How is this so hard to get?

does it have to be said if its obviously implied, jeez you love luongo so much at least realize they're trying to defend his honour a little by not coming right out with it.

Edited by rfus88, 07 February 2013 - 07:44 PM.

#103 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,929 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

You don't sign CS to that type of contract if he's your backup, especially with Luongos contract. How is this so hard to get?

does it have to be said if its obviously implied, jeez you love luongo so much at least realize they're trying to defend his honour a little by not coming right out with it.

So you're confirming that all this "he asked for a trade" crap is purely an assumption.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#104 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

I like both goalies, but the Luongo hate is beyond retarded

if they wanted to trade him as badly as you're implying, then they would have traded him. especially if they were set on Schneider being the starter, and they sure as hell would not have given Luongo 4 starts in a row.

And a 3 year deal for someone who they're supposedly set on being the starter and being the future of the canucks goaltending doesn't add up, why only 3 years why not 5 or 6? Cause they aren't ready to 100% commit to him yet just like Montreal with Subban.

#105 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

I like both goalies, but the Luongo hate is beyond retarded

if they wanted to trade him as badly as you're implying, then they would have traded him. especially if they were set on Schneider being the starter, and they sure as hell would not have given Luongo 4 starts in a row.

And a 3 year deal for someone who they're supposedly set on being the starter and being the future of the canucks goaltending doesn't add up, why only 3 years why not 5 or 6? Cause they aren't ready to 100% commit to him yet just like Montreal with Subban.

Don't hate Loungo but his time here is done.
It's fairly obvious they've been trying to move Loungo but the right deal isn't in place. I expect him to moved by the trade deadline or in the summer when their return is a greater value.
Gillis didn't give Luongo 4 starts, AV did.
Why are you even looking at the years in the contract when it's the amount that designates him as a starter.They wouldn't invest that much in two goalies.

#106 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

So you're confirming that all this "he asked for a trade" crap is purely an assumption.

Implied meaning that CS is number one and this doesn't need to be verbally spoken , it was put in motion with his contract.

Edited by rfus88, 07 February 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#107 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Don't hate Loungo but his time here is done.
It's fairly obvious they've been trying to move Loungo but the right deal isn't in place. I expect him to moved by the trade deadline or in the summer when their return is a greater value.
Gillis didn't give Luongo 4 starts, AV did.
Why are you even looking at the years in the contract when it's the amount that designates him as a starter.They wouldn't invest that much in two goalies.

you don't think Gillis has any input in who starts? lol

Gillis said it himself we're here to win games not worry about peoples feelings, and Luongo is the better goaltender right now that's why he got those starts. Schneider is playing well tonight too.

They aren't going to make a trade this season, why would they give up the luxury of having 2 great goalies. It will be done after the season

#108 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

you don't think Gillis has any input in who starts? lol

Gillis said it himself we're here to win games not worry about peoples feelings, and Luongo is the better goaltender right now that's why he got those starts. Schneider is playing well tonight too.

They aren't going to make a trade this season, why would they give up the luxury of having 2 great goalies. It will be done after the season

I'm sure he does have input but AV makes daily decisions regarding lineups/etc. I'm not saying Gillis wouldn't have played Luongo but I don't think he is going to slander his coaches decision to play Luongo since he is playing well.
so what are we arguing about? We can both agree it is Luongo who will be traded.

#109 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Quote from Gillis on 1040 that Luongo approached him in the summer about exploring options for him, dig it up yourself .

More mindless drivel from a more informed fan than yourself

Video? Direct quote? Soundbite? Mmm hmm...didn't think you'd provide one. Your claim, the onus is on you to back it up. You'd think you'd know the drill on CDC by now.

:lol:...more informed....... :rolleyes:

Implied meaning that CS is number one and this doesn't need to be verbally spoken , it was put in motion with his contract.

:lol: Ohhh, man.....

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 07 February 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#110 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,929 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

No you need to read what I said again. I mean you're right to agree with me you're just wrong to so awkwardly try to make it seem like something else.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#111 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Video? Direct quote? Soundbite? Mmm hmm...didn't think you'd provide one. Your claim, the onus is on you to back it up. You'd think you'd know the drill on CDC by now.

Here you go , I'll hold your damn hand, about 6 mins in. I thought this was common knowledge

http://www.teamradio...-kesler-health/

#112 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,929 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

This guys funny. I mean what kind of brain child talks about a quote and then rambles off something that didn't happen and then refuse to back it up.

The best part is it still doesn't say anything about Luongo asking for a trade. Of course they're going to talk about options if Luongo has said he would be willing to waive his NTC.

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 07 February 2013 - 09:01 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#113 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

This guys funny. I mean what kind of brain child talks about a quote and then rambles off something that didn't happen and then refuse to back it up.

The best part is it still doesn't say anything about Luongo asking for a trade.

http://www.teamradio.ca/news/mike-gillis-on-canucks-goaltending-and-kesler-health/
Here 6 mins in . You guys are unbelievable

#114 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,929 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

http://www.teamradio...-kesler-health/
Here 6 mins in . You guys are unbelievable

Can we just pretend we keep repeating ourselves and you keep ignoring what's actually being said to repeat this and all walk away?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#115 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

The best part is it still doesn't say anything about Luongo asking for a trade. Of course they're going to talk about options if Luongo has said he would be willing to waive his NTC.

Hilarious, even :lol:

Indeed you are absolutely correct. Just another one of those folks putting words in other people's mouths and then claiming that that is the gospel truth......kinda sad and pathetic, in it's own way.

#116 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Ok please enlighten me if I keep ignoring whats being said. You wont even listen to the interview I posted where it backs up what I just said.

#117 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

`Roberto requested us have us look at options for him`.
Luongo came to them, are you that dense.

#118 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,929 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

`Roberto requested us have us look at options for him`.
Luongo came to them, are you that dense.

Now when Luongo said he would waive his no trade clause wouldn't you automatically think that a conversation about options would happen?

However just because a conversation about options happens it doesn't mean Luongo is asking to be traded. You're putting emphasis on something that's not there. I understand what you're saying and I understand what you want to be true but you should stop trying to prove something with assumptions. No matter how many times you say this you don't have enough parts of the equation to fit your belief.

Kind of like how you assumed I didn't listen to the interview. I did and I listened to it when it first happened. You didn't find some hidden gem of information you just showed how you went wrong. It doesn't mean you are wrong but there is nothing out there yet that says Luongo asked for a trade. As least with CoHo we've got his weirdo agents conflicting comments.

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 07 February 2013 - 09:24 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#119 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Now when Luongo said he would waive his no trade clause wouldn't you automatically think that a conversation about options would happen?

However just because a conversation about options happens it doesn't mean Luongo is asking to be traded. You're putting emphasis on something that's not there. I understand what you're saying and I understand what you want to be true but you should stop trying to prove something with assumptions. No matter how many times you say this you don't have enough parts of the equation to fit your belief.

Kind of like how you assumed I didn't listen to the interview. I did and I listened to it when it first happened. You didn't find some hidden gem of information you just showed how you went wrong. It doesn't mean you are wrong but there is nothing out there yet that says Luongo asked for a trade. As least with CoHo we've got his weirdo agents conflicting comments.

Ok.
Gillis: Luongo, you are going to be traded.
Luongo: Ok, will you explore other teams that I may go to?
Gillis: Yes, this is the nature of a trade.
Luongo: oh yeah.

or

Luongo: Mike, i dont want to be a back up to CS, I want to be traded
Gillis: I know we dont want you to, hes our new starter and theres not very many backup goalies with your pay scale.

#120 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Thank you.

It was also assumed that I didn't listen to the interview either..........which is incorrect. This is not the first, second or even third time I've listened to it. I have yet to hear any confirmation that Luo asked for a trade. O-P-T-I-O-N-S does not spell trade....no matter how many ways you attempt to rearrange the letters.........at least not in any dictionary I've consulted.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 07 February 2013 - 09:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.