The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Buffalo to Move a Defenseman? Forward Depth Needed.

Friedman:

24. Teams are looking for defencemen and the Buffalo Sabres have eight. But Sabres GM Darcy Regier says he's told teams, "Give me a reason to trade one." So far, he feels he hasn't received a good enough answer.

25. Regier's got to be unhappy right now, though. The Sabres' 2011-12 was ruined after they wilted against the Boston Bruins. Last week, they stood up to them physically, then came back to win after falling behind 3-1. But the weekend -- blown out in Montreal, beaten by Florida at home -- was such a disappointment. All of the momentum was destroyed. They got good return for Paul Gaustad last year, but have to replace him. Buffalo is the worst faceoff team in the league.

Keep Manny, we aren't doing well at faceoffs right now either.

We don't really need a defensemen, we have depth but "a gritty defensive minded forward that can play on the 2nd or 3rd line" sounds alot like Chris Higgins, if they would give us something we could use (a forward) I would be willing to part with him, but not for a defensmen.

If GMDR is looking plainly for a shake-up, him and GMMG already have made a lateral, fair trade in recent history. So, if he's indeed looking for help 'at both ends', maybe there is room for a deal, though I don't really see it.. In theory:

Ballard, Raymond for Stafford, Leopold?

Ballard & Stafford's contracts are similar, Leopold and Raymond are both UFAs-to-be. Stafford - Schroeder - Hansen is much 'stronger' (literally) 3rd line than Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen..

If GMDR is looking plainly for a shake-up, him and GMMG already have made a lateral, fair trade in recent history. So, if he's indeed looking for help 'at both ends', maybe there is room for a deal, though I don't really see it.. In theory:

Ballard, Raymond for Stafford, Leopold?

Ballard & Stafford's contracts are similar, Leopold and Raymond are both UFAs-to-be. Stafford - Schroeder - Hansen is much 'stronger' (literally) 3rd line than Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen..

Archived