The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Volpatti vs Wiese

Bananas

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I see Wiese received a lot of hype from his (lol) Dutch League success. Then he had a flashy first couple games.

On the other hand, Volpatti has consistently been a good 4th line grinder who actually hasn't received as much attention as Wiese has.

I also see line-up [suggestions?] on these boards including Wiese (sometimes on the 3rd line!) while Volpatti isn't even in the line-up.

I personally think Volpatti has played better than Wiese has.

Dale Weise hands is the better hockey player. However, Aaron Volpatti understands his role and plays his role.

Weise doesn't always finish his checks and doesn't drop the gloves consistently. Though he's better this year, is #2 in hits. Last year, when Volpatti went out with his injury, he had like two times the hits Weise had.

Weise should have "better" upside offensively (though that's really not saying much, I'd say max. 15 points in the NHL and I'd be happy) and he's definitely looked faster skating-wise since he came back. He also hits and is defensively responsible and can probably become a poor-man's Lapierre in the NHL minus the chirping.

Volpatti on the other hand is an energy winger. He's strong on forechecks and in hitting but I'm not sure what to expect of him if he got breakaways or had the opportunity to snipe, since he's more or less a guy who bangs in rebounds or passes in front and I'm not sure that he can create off the rush (contrary to Weise).

Both have gotten way better compared to last season. Last year Volpatti couldn't keep up with Lappy and Weise offensively at the beginning of the season and was much slower, this year he's shown that he can keep the play in the o zone instead of blowing it. Last year Weise wasn't throwing his body around but showed that he had potential, he still has a long way to go but he's been great so far.

I've liked Volpatti as an energy player but Weise has been killing penalties and thus is a more versatile player. In a condensed season where minutes for our top players have to be rationed, having a player like Weise be able to play more minutes will help keep the team fresher by the time the playoffs come around.

Volpatti brings more toughness and Weise more speed and flexability. If your playing a team like Edmonton, then put Weise in. If it's SJ or Ana make it Volpatti.

Unsure why people are mentioning Pinizzotto. 28yrs old and he's never played in the NHL. I think he has some impressing to do in the AHL first.

kesler and booth back, i dont think either makes the team anymore with the strong play of shroeder. if i have to choose, i would go with volpatti... understands his role better, would be nice if he did it better. dont get me wrong, i understand that both of these players are on a level i could only dream about, but it is what it is, and it is what it isnt

kesler and booth back, i dont think either makes the team anymore with the strong play of shroeder. if i have to choose, i would go with volpatti... understands his role better, would be nice if he did it better. dont get me wrong, i understand that both of these players are on a level i could only dream about, but it is what it is, and it is what it isnt

Archived