Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Volpatti vs Wiese

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
108 replies to this topic

Poll: Volpatti vs Wiese (109 member(s) have cast votes)

Who do you think is better?

1. Aaron Volpatti (77 votes [70.64%])

Percentage of vote: 70.64%

2. Voted Dale Wiese (32 votes [29.36%])

Percentage of vote: 29.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 odjick29

odjick29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

Yeah. He destroyed Konopka's hands with his face. I'm sure ZK won't dare to challenge the Canucks physically again, with the threat of boosting his ego on Weise, the human punching bag.

lol, thank you sir, couldn't have said it better, coffee and a good laugh, gonna be a good day gents.

Rupp= Kassian realizing he just not there yet.
RIP RYP
Posted Image

#92 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,609 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

Beat me to it.
Rupp would chew Kass up and spit him out.

Well we will probaby find out if your profecy is true next time they play.

#93 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

I think my issue here is it seemed Vandy was gonna see some action as the team pushed for him to be signed. Sounds like they realize our toughness is a problem and would like him policing instead of Dale the scared turtle Weise. I understand his place in our depth chart but his specific skill he brings bumps him up a few pegs Ryp.

Volpatti to me is a capable fouth liner who has marginal fighting ability. I need a few decisive wins on his part to change my mind, against some good opponents

Of course. I would love for Vandy to play 15-20 games in a shortened season like this.

As for Patti I do agree, however I think is fighting ability is pretty underrated and his size is holding him back a lot (6'0 215).

This is what I just don't understand about Gillis. He signs a guy like Patti to a one way contract who brings strictly fighting and hitting to the table, while preaching about how guys on the 4th line need to be able to play the puck.

Sure Patti can play his 5-8 min a night without being a big liability, but if you were going to sign a guy like that, why not get someone who is much more established in that department.

We had plenty of opportunities to sign guys like Asham, Tootoo (although not much size), Parros, Carkner ect ect in the summer.

I just don't get it.

Edited by Rypien37, 08 February 2013 - 09:29 AM.

Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#94 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,609 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

Of course. I would love for Vandy to play 15-20 games in a shortened season like this.

As for Patti I do agree, however I think is fighting ability is pretty underrated and his size is holding him back a lot (6'0 215).

This is what I just don't understand about Gillis. He signs a guy like Patti to a one way contract who brings strictly fighting and hitting to the table, while preaching about how guys on the 4th line need to be able to play the puck.

Sure Patti can play his 5-8 min a night without being a big liability, but if you were going to sign a guy like that, why not get someone who is much more established in that department.

We had plenty of opportunities to sign guys like Asham, Tootoo (although not much size), Parros, Carkner ect ect in the summer.

I just don't get it.

We are winning and lead the division thats how you get it, get into the playoffs and most of the guys who are pure goons become moot because most of them are liabilities on the ice.

#95 odjick29

odjick29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

I just don't get it.

I lost all hope when Parros got passed on, Carkner, love to have him but as you stated, our D core is stacked. The one that hurt most was Prust, why? he is excactly what this team needed. everywhere he goes, fan fav, guy can play, and since Rypien's passing, has become a hell of a fighter.

anyone missing Glass now? I am
RIP RYP
Posted Image

#96 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

I lost all hope when Parros got passed on, Carkner, love to have him but as you stated, our D core is stacked. The one that hurt most was Prust, why? he is excactly what this team needed. everywhere he goes, fan fav, guy can play, and since Rypien's passing, has become a hell of a fighter.

Yeah VERY impressed with Glass, seemed to have really improved his fighting ability, has taken on both Asham and Martin with very favorable outcomes.

As for Prust, who I agree would have been IDEAL was a case of too much demand on the market. He has a 2.5 million cap hit and I can already see Gillis saying "that is too much money for the limited factors he brings to the table".
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#97 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

Actually Konopkas nut had more damage on it than Weise besides Konopka is supposed to be the fighter out of these 2 guys and he did jack in both of the fights..get yer eyes checked.

Hugging doesn't count as a landed punch. I'll give Weise credit for being a better ice dancer, though.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#98 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

Dale Weise seems to be more involved in the play,whereas Volpatti can be anonymous.Sometimes I cringe a bit when Weise gets into a scrap..he's always game,but have you ever seen him win a scrap?

I would have liked to have seen Volpatti against Konopka last night..that would have been interesting.

#99 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

I think Weise is the better hockey player and can develop into a solid 3rd line (max potentional imo) player but Volpatti is the better fourth line player, bigger hits, better at fighter. In a game 7 situation though I would choose Weise.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#100 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,322 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

Konopka certainly outmuscled Weise and of course landed shots but his face looked like a bruised tomato after the second fight and Weise definitely caught him a couple times.

Konopka also embarrassed himself, his team, and the league by his bush antics as he was sent off.

It's possible volpatti would have done better but no garunteed as Zenon is actually a very technical fighter generally or really he hangs on and ties up a lot. Volpatti is knuckle chucking.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#101 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

I just don't get it.

Asham wanted to play in the Eastern Conference (plus he's smaller than Patti)
Not sure about Tootoo, but again, way smaller
Parros was signed for an obscene amount of money for what he brings to the table ($1.875M for Parros? No thanks)
Carkner is a defenseman

#102 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Rypien37, Just wanted to say you are the only poster on here that makes any sence when it come to pugilism. I'll make it real simple folks. We have more than a handfull of young talent capable of filling Mr.Weise's shoes and let me say plenty that would hug and duck there way through fights to make our lineup. Boxing lessons? Dale should know that to win in boxing, you must be able to hit your opponent. Zenon challenged our bench people!, after Dale hung on for dear life with a middle weight X2.

Why did we sign Vandy? a capable D man that people actually fear? I'm confused as to how losing two fights in one game to a guy 30lbs less than you can spark or scare the other team into being honest.

:lol: there is a one pound differnce between the two.

#103 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,609 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

Hugging doesn't count as a landed punch. I'll give Weise credit for being a better ice dancer, though.

He did a good job hugging the tomato can Zonopka off the ice before he could go after our skill players. Weise 2- Tomato Can Zonopka-0

#104 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

He did a good job hugging the tomato can Zonopka off the ice before he could go after our skill players. Weise 2- Tomato Can Zonopka-0

True. Weise taking Konopka off of the ice does work to the Canuks advantage. The Wild lose a skater while the Canucks don't.

Edited by Vansicle, 08 February 2013 - 05:18 PM.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#105 austy

austy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

The second fight I think weise at the end of a pretty long shift, isn't against the code or something to go after a guy right at the end of his shift?

please be gentle with my posts...I am Australian, hockey isnt my first language.

#106 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,322 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

Rypien37, Just wanted to say you are the only poster on here that makes any sence when it come to pugilism. I'll make it real simple folks. We have more than a handfull of young talent capable of filling Mr.Weise's shoes and let me say plenty that would hug and duck there way through fights to make our lineup. Boxing lessons? Dale should know that to win in boxing, you must be able to hit your opponent. Zenon challenged our bench people!, after Dale hung on for dear life with a middle weight X2.

Why did we sign Vandy? a capable D man that people actually fear? I'm confused as to how losing two fights in one game to a guy 30lbs less than you can spark or scare the other team into being honest.

I agree with you on your opinion of Vandy snd he could have served well in last nights game. I would like to see him dressed for the likes of San Jose, la etc.

But the rest of your statement re Konopka/Weise is wrong.

Weise didn't get beat up. He was muscled to the ice for sure but in no way was he punched out. In fact after the second fight zenons face look way worse for wear....I'd say Konopka was a complete non factor in that game. We were up 4 nil and Zenon challenged Weise to a pointless fight....Zenon embarrassed himself and his team and really could have set us up for a 5th goal. Why Dix he do that? Selfishness. He did nothing to spark his team at any time and was never attempting to run any of our players...

If say Weise is all we need for a chump like zenkon.

At no time during that game were the Canucks ever at risk of bring pushed around.

But to say I wouldn't have rather seen Vandy beat the day lights out of Zenon would be a lie....it just wasn't necessary as the result in the score showed.
Posted Image

When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#107 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

The second fight I think weise at the end of a pretty long shift, isn't against the code or something to go after a guy right at the end of his shift?

who cares , konopka is a goon , he has no code

i actually felt bad for wiese at that point , you could see he didnt want to fight yet he kinda had to protect himself

i think a player shouldnt be aloud to fight unless they play X amount of minutes a night

lets say 10

thats a good way to limit fighting without taking it out of the game

Edited by cIutch, 08 February 2013 - 06:13 PM.

Posted Image

#108 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,322 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

who cares , konopka is a goon , he has no code

i actually felt bad for wiese at that point , you could see he didnt want to fight yet he kinda had to protect himself

i think a player shouldnt be aloud to fight unless they play X amount of minutes a night

lets say 10

thats a good way to limit fighting without taking it out of the game

Interesting idea!
Posted Image

#109 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

You mean Fanner Glass? The guy who had an empty net to shoot at in the SCF vs Boston but fanned on it? No thank you LOL even a minor league player could've buried that shot lucky for him it didn't cost us the game.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.