Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fuzzysheep

Burrows or Kassian on the top line once Kesler is back?

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see on the top line with the Sedins once Kesler returns

• Burrows
    • Kassian
  2. 2. Who will actually end up playing there?

• Burrows
    • Kassian

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

51 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've seen this referred to on multiple forums and wanted to post a poll on it to see what CDC thinks.

Once Kes comes back and Burrows isn't needed to centre the second line, should he go back to playing with the Sedins?

Kassian has played well but the Sedins haven't been up their usual standards, some are saying (Gary Vaulk for example) that their cycle game is being disrupted and Burrows should rejoin them. Others think that Kassian provides grit and protection for the Sedins along with a good scoring touch and a big body for the front of the net.

Other considerations:

1. How well will Kassian play with Kesler and Booth if he is dropped down, is this line then too one dimensional with 3 big power players?

2. Will Burrows play well in the same situation? He has had good chemistry with Kesler before.

3. What if Dale Weise starts playing like he did in Holland and demands a first line spot?

Burrows would be a good playmaker for Kesler and Booth, and they'd line up well against any top line in the league. Kassian on the top line makes the rest of our forwards look way better.

Burrows would be a good playmaker for Kesler and Booth, and they'd line up well against any top line in the league. Kassian on the top line makes the rest of our forwards look way better.

And our top line is producing despite the fact the Sedins have been off. They have been terrible together four on four, and our powerplay has looked weak. Give it some time, they haven't woken up yet. The whole league is a crap show right now, anyone with a fantasy team knows this.

Edit: People are going to get confused by what I said. The cycle game on the powerplay rarely involves the guy standing in front of the net, so four-on-four and powerplay are situations where it is all Sedinery.

Sedins are used to having Burr on their line. Alex is playing well now and the twins seem to be improving as well. I would utilize Kass on that line if they're up against a team that is taking their liberties on the twins. I think Kass' passing and playmaking skills may enhance the 2nd line.

Kassian on the second line may be a worthwhile experiment

I'm hoping that Kassian at least holds that spot on the #1 powerplay. We all know that Kesler's been dynamite there, but that second unit needs help. Kesler also needs to start passing again.

Once Kesler and Booth are back in the line up, I'd actually like to see a top line of the twins and Burr against speedier/skilled teams and the twins with Kass out against bigger more physical teams. I also guarantee that the twins will play well with either player on the right wing when we have everybody healthy again. A second line of Booth Kes Burr/Kass would definitely take some pressure off the twins.

IMO this gives us an advantage depending on what kind of team we are up against.

If it's more on the physical side, like if the other team has top giant, shutdown defencemen = Kassian

He should be able to create some space for the twins.

If the other team has shallow D, maybe just a top pairing then considerably weaker 2nd or 3rd pairings = Burrows

The twins cycle better with Burrows so they should be able to work their Sedinery.

There's some interesting combinations possible once Booth and Kesler return and there's going to be an odd man out.

Sedin/Sedin/Kassian

Raymond/Kesler/Burrows

Booth/Schroeder/Hansen

Higgins/Lappy/everybody else

The second line has great speed and defensive responsibility. Separating Booth and Kesler may be the solution to the two shoot don't pass guys. Yet both Raymond and Burrows are capable of scoring. The third line has Booth (the shooter) with two guys very capable playmakers and also has great speed. Hansen is solid defensively and Schroeder has shown so far that's he's also very capable. Both the second and third line have a shooter, great speed, and a solid defensive side.

The more likely scenario of course is Schroeder returning to Chicago as he's the guy that doesn't have to clear waivers.

i think AV should pick his spots. looking at either of those possibilities, they could both work. its worthwhile to try them out. i realize its a shortened season, but isnt it a coaches job to improve things other than stick with what works??? it would be nice to see a perspective based on multiple games, rather than knee-jerk assumptions, on what ACTUALLY works. its awesome seeing kassian being showcased and given a chance on the first line, but as if anyone in the world can take away what burrows has accomplished in that spot. ride them both, mix it up when the team needs energy (this goes for all lines by the way), the bottom line is never try to fit a square peg in a round hole. thats what coaching is, is finding what works, and then adapting when necessary.

When everyone back I think AV should put to start

sedins / kassian ( 2 build up kassian progression, puts size n strength to the line)

booth/ kesler / burrows ( speed, great chemistry, good on d)

higgins / lappy / hansen (best line for 3rd, 3 guys who have great offensive n defensive awareness and works hard for the puck)

raymond / malhotra /or shroeder or weise or volpatti (speed, & decent shut down line, shroeder could play both positions

garrison / bieksa

hamhuis / edler

ballard / tanev

PP sedins /kesler

burrows / lappy / kassian

booth / higgins/ hansen

if we are down, say by 2 goals I believe AV should juggle the lines to change momentum and change the tactics of the game

sedins / burrows (great chemistry puts more speed and cycling to the line)

booth / kesler / kassian

higgins / lappy / hansen

raymond / malhotra /or shroeder or weise or volpatti

PP sedins / kassian

burrows / kesler / hansen

booth / lappy / higgins

These lines are great to juggle around. They have speed, size depending the situation of the game type

One thing for sure a line of Booth, Kesler and Kassian would probably lead the league in goalie interference, in some cases by committee.

super glu is on the mark, especially when he mentions its great to juggle around... seriously look at that group of players, and then look around the league, we are doing pretty alright

in saying this, i did give peter gun a plus 1

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Booth

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Higgins - Malhotra - Lapierre

good as it gets.

I wouldn't mind seeing Burrows back with the Sedins and moving Hansen up to play with Kesler.

Schroeder and Kassian already developed chemistry down with the Wolves, plus Raymond plays well with JS too. Let Kassian refocus back on his main purpose with the Canucks, to be a physical force. Any goals/points will come with their strong play.

Burrows, he has a better cycling game. Yes Kassian had success, but I don't see the same sustain pressure in the offensive zone from them compared to when Burrows is playing with them

Kesler and Kassian will be a scary line for opposite defenseman, both on the forcheck and in front of the net.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Booth

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Higgins - Malhotra - Lapierre

good as it gets.