The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows or Kassian on the top line once Kesler is back?

Fuzzysheep

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both. Especially in a playoff series. It seems that teams are able to figure out the Burr-Sedins line after a few games in a row and Kassina brings a different element. Or if a team is trying to push the Sedins around then swap in Kass. I feel that Burrows knows how to play with the Sedins the best but they can be figured out in a long series. For the rest of the regular season, give Kass as much time with them as possible so he can get a better feel how to play with them. Says a lot about Burrows when they plug him on so many different lines so he can get the players going. He is so important to this team.

The twins definitely cycle better with Burrows, especially since he's better at tracking down and retrieving pucks for them. And Kass is actually a really underrated passer which might benefit Kes and Booth. Plus Kes, Booth, and Kass would give a lot of teams a really tough second matchup with there size and speed.

I think it all depends if AV wants to use the second as our shutdown line, which he probably will if Schroeder centers the third. In which case Burrows would be the best choice to shutdown pretty much any line in the league with Kes, while still providing some secondary scoring.

I would much prefer Kas on the first line as I think he helps with the physical side of things for the Sedins. However, Kas, Kesler and Booth could be the next Legion of Doom line. Remeber how they got put together after the 94 lockout.

When AV switched Burrows onto the Twins line against the Oilers the pickup in their game was quite noticeable. Kassian's net presence is hugh but anticiaption of where the Twins want to go is not up to what Burrows can deliver. Creating chances coming from the corners or behind the net has been the Twins bread and butter ever since Burrows joined their line. I have always had some reservations about this as CUP quality d-cores tend to shut this down.

One aspect of the Twins' game that has not surfaced to date has been consistant point production. The Twin's finding an open dman for a point shot has been less than expected. I think this will change as the team moves further into the season and gains their game legs. A scoring d-core pulls the defending forwards higher up in the zone and allows more half board space and corner space. A question might be where Kassian fits if not on the 1st line?

i dont understand this "protect the sedins" mentality .. they dont get pushed around and away from one cheap shot from keith when did they ever need protection? if anything with kassian on their line id be more inclined to rough up the sedins hopping a big goon comes to their rescue and draws a penalty come playoff time if htere is another hit on sedin like browns a guy like brown is smart enough not to engage in anything after the big hit it will be sedin on the ground and canucks kiling a penalty ....how will that help us? second all kassian does is float to the front of the net and stand there.. once he comes to a stop infront he cant do anything else but bang at a puck if it comes his way he wont win a foot race for a loose puck or be as mobile as burrows to really help out that cycle game.. theres a reason people said sedins are having a slow start and why they looked so much better with burrows on their line.. if kassians so good let him work his way up the team ladder like burrows did.

We can use either or, doesn't have to be set for the entire game. It's nice to have options, which ever situation calls for a bigger body and some grit we put in Kassian.. Likewise for Bur, if we want to see some good old Sedin cycle in the corners there's no one better at playing with them than Bur. What I mainly wanna see is some consistency from Kes and Booth when they get back. Would be nice to see the Sedins regain some of their scoring touch as well! :bigblush:

Yunno; Booth/Schroeder/Hansen is a combination I did not think of. But it would have crazy speed (more than with Kass) and Booth would still offer the size in corners that affords wee Schroeder an honest crack at his own game. It also still has Hansen, the engine on the line.

I like it!

As to Burrows and Kassian; they're gunna rotate if Kass can keep it up! Kass when we play big teams, and Burrows can run around with them and create havoc when we don't.

There's some interesting combinations possible once Booth and Kesler return and there's going to be an odd man out.

Sedin/Sedin/Kassian

Raymond/Kesler/Burrows

Booth/Schroeder/Hansen

Higgins/Lappy/everybody else

The second line has great speed and defensive responsibility. Separating Booth and Kesler may be the solution to the two shoot don't pass guys. Yet both Raymond and Burrows are capable of scoring. The third line has Booth (the shooter) with two guys very capable playmakers and also has great speed. Hansen is solid defensively and Schroeder has shown so far that's he's also very capable. Both the second and third line have a shooter, great speed, and a solid defensive side.

The more likely scenario of course is Schroeder returning to Chicago as he's the guy that doesn't have to clear waivers.

Archived