Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Burrows or Kassian on the top line once Kesler is back?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Poll: Burrows or Kassian on the top line once Kesler is back? (135 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would you like to see on the top line with the Sedins once Kesler returns

1. Burrows (54 votes [40.30%])

Percentage of vote: 40.30%

2. Kassian (80 votes [59.70%])

Percentage of vote: 59.70%

Who will actually end up playing there?

1. Burrows (85 votes [63.43%])

Percentage of vote: 63.43%

2. Kassian (49 votes [36.57%])

Percentage of vote: 36.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Creed_17

Creed_17

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

Kesler and Booth have the size. The Sedins really need a guy who can through that big hit and intimidate some people when their line is out there.

Burrows doesn't do that.
Posted Image
When everything is falling apart, and there is no reason to, we have to BELIEVE!

#32 Bertuzzipunch

Bertuzzipunch

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

Burrows.

This has been the most dominate or top 3 most dominate lines in the whole league for a few years now. The other lines need to pick it up.

Kesler is good enough to carry a line by himself when healthy.

Kassian can jump on the twins line when AV feels he needs too.

Posted Image

#33 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

Both scenarios have there perks with little doubt about it. Either works for me!

#34 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

i dont understand this "protect the sedins" mentality .. they dont get pushed around and away from one cheap shot from keith when did they ever need protection? if anything with kassian on their line id be more inclined to rough up the sedins hopping a big goon comes to their rescue and draws a penalty come playoff time if htere is another hit on sedin like browns a guy like brown is smart enough not to engage in anything after the big hit it will be sedin on the ground and canucks kiling a penalty ....how will that help us? second all kassian does is float to the front of the net and stand there.. once he comes to a stop infront he cant do anything else but bang at a puck if it comes his way he wont win a foot race for a loose puck or be as mobile as burrows to really help out that cycle game.. theres a reason people said sedins are having a slow start and why they looked so much better with burrows on their line.. if kassians so good let him work his way up the team ladder like burrows did.

#35 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,772 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Kassian will make room for Kesler. They will be a good fit together.
Posted Image

#36 Ginu

Ginu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

I think Kass should stay with the twins and Burr should sit on second. With this setup, the twins have a big body on ice and second line will be quite potent which will take some of the attention from the twins.
Posted Image

#37 4thLineGrinder

4thLineGrinder

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

sedin sedin burrows
kessler schroder kassian
raymond lappiere booth
higgens malholtra hansen

#38 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

We can use either or, doesn't have to be set for the entire game. It's nice to have options, which ever situation calls for a bigger body and some grit we put in Kassian.. Likewise for Bur, if we want to see some good old Sedin cycle in the corners there's no one better at playing with them than Bur. What I mainly wanna see is some consistency from Kes and Booth when they get back. Would be nice to see the Sedins regain some of their scoring touch as well! :bigblush:

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#39 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,876 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Yunno; Booth/Schroeder/Hansen is a combination I did not think of. But it would have crazy speed (more than with Kass) and Booth would still offer the size in corners that affords wee Schroeder an honest crack at his own game. It also still has Hansen, the engine on the line.

I like it!

As to Burrows and Kassian; they're gunna rotate if Kass can keep it up! Kass when we play big teams, and Burrows can run around with them and create havoc when we don't.

There's some interesting combinations possible once Booth and Kesler return and there's going to be an odd man out.

Sedin/Sedin/Kassian
Raymond/Kesler/Burrows
Booth/Schroeder/Hansen
Higgins/Lappy/everybody else

The second line has great speed and defensive responsibility. Separating Booth and Kesler may be the solution to the two shoot don't pass guys. Yet both Raymond and Burrows are capable of scoring. The third line has Booth (the shooter) with two guys very capable playmakers and also has great speed. Hansen is solid defensively and Schroeder has shown so far that's he's also very capable. Both the second and third line have a shooter, great speed, and a solid defensive side.

The more likely scenario of course is Schroeder returning to Chicago as he's the guy that doesn't have to clear waivers.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 07 February 2013 - 12:59 PM.

#40 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

Great thread and poll! I see lots of line combinations here that could work. I bet AV will try them all and run with the ones that produce.

#41 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

I see it rotating.

If there is any funny business towards the twins Kass will be with them.

If the twins need a spark Burrows will be there.

However, I still really like the idea of Burrows being the guy to finally get the Kesler-Booth combo going.
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#42 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

As long as Kassian stays on the top 2 lines doesn't matter to me.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#43 LindenTheLegend

LindenTheLegend

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Burrows and the seidns have porven success, also by having kassian with Booth and kesler, you have three players that can hit and score, they would intimidate opposing team's lines

#44 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

3. What if Dale Weise starts playing like he did in Holland and demands a first line spot?

Most likely.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#45 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

I say you interchange Burrows and Kassian with the Sedins as we did with Burrows and Samuelsson in 2009-2010/2010-2011.

Burrows provides the speed and tenacious forechecking that helps with the Sedins' cycle game down low, and Kassian provides the good shot, size and presence in front of the net that allows Sedins the extra space to operate from the hash marks in. With Kassian, you need the defencemen to be more active but we've got the right guys on the backend for that.

By moving Burr and Kass between Hank and Kes' lines, you add something to each line when they go stale.

The third line made up of Raymond LW -- Schroeder C -- Hansen RW could be one of the fastest lines in the NHL.

As far as the fourth line goes, we need it to be nasty, but with some skill. I see Volpatti LW -- Lapierre C -- Weise RW

This makes Higgins and Malhotra our 13th/14th guys upfront. That's not a bad problem to have.

#46 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Most likely.

Did you mean "not likely", or were you being facetious?

#47 Mad_Duck

Mad_Duck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

Have none of you been paying any attention to how to coach this team???

Obviously, before each game, you flip a coin!
I put the F U in Fun!

Posted Image

#48 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

I say kassian.. The twins linemate is not the problem they're not even clicking with each other. They are the problem themselves right meow.

Once kesler gets back we are golden. I'm drooling over reuniting him and burrows. Burrows could be a big help getting him back to the player he was in the selke year.

Those 2 can log big minutes against top lines in the playoffs and have the ability to shut down the best of the best

#49 Ginu

Ginu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

Well, the more I think about it the more I think it will be just line juggling like in the past which annoys me, but hey, its AV>
Posted Image

#50 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

I think Kass needs to go where the play dictates he be. Why do we always have to lock into specific lines all the time? Burr can play with the Twins anytime. They don't need to find "chemistry". They've had it for years. If the Sedins are getting bounced around by a big team like Boston or LA, move Kass onto their line.

I like what AV does with the team as far as lines and defence pairings go. He tries different things when he thinks a change might help. It makes a team stronger, in times where injuries or slumps are occurring, if everyone can play with everyone... Just like right now!

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#51 Dustin77

Dustin77

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

Stay with Kassian on the top line unless the chemistry dries up completley. Looked pretty good so far. And putting Burrows back with Kesler again could jumpstart Burrows and instantly ignite Kesler to a great start as well.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Higgins Kesler Burrows
Booth Schroeder Hansen
Malhotra Lapierre Weise
LORD STANLEYS MUG WANTS TO BE IN VANCOUVER BC 2012/13

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.