The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keith Ballard - Taking that next step

van_can_man

I like that most of the fans are being positive to pretty much all of our players. Just last season they had something negative to say about everything, to the point where it would really just give me a damn headache. lol Keep up the good work Canuckleheads, keep up the good work. :P

Ii like how this article finally gives ballard some of the credit he desrves for mentoring tanev and showing him how to communicate in order to improve as a pairing. Does anyone still think tanevs improvement has nothing

to do with having ballard as a regular partner?

ive been saying this since last year , when he was our best dman before he got his concussion

and the hate and bashing i took for going after you ballard haters makes this day feel even greater

all i heard was grabner this and grabner that

didnt help that waste of a roster spot oreskovich was included in the deal

by the way what happened to him?

Ii like how this article finally gives ballard some of the credit he desrves for mentoring tanev and showing him how to communicate in order to improve as a pairing. Does anyone still think tanevs improvement has nothing

to do with having ballard as a regular partner?

That's pretty much it, isn't it? I don't think we'd have too many complaints if he had a $2M cap hit, apart from maybe those that always complain, and he'd be a pretty good depth guy even with the cap going down to $64M next year. Unfortunately, it's those extra $2.2M that might mean we can't keep him beyond this year.

Love his attitude and what he brings into the locker room, and he has settled in nicely this year beside Tanev in a little easier minutes. Maybe we even see some offence contributed from that pairing this year, but he might be a casualty of year two of the new CBA.

I agree that Bieksa has been more of a liability than an asset on the PP/SH/5-5...I love Bieksa, but he's playing like he's still skating around with his Buddies at UBC Arena.

I don't get your point about the "logistics" of having a right hand shot on the left point on the PP...the only time this is a real liability is when the puck is passed around the boards and d-man is trying to keep the puck in. Otherwise, it's to your advantage to have a right shooter on left point and vice versa as it gives you more angles and options for a pass or shot.

He's playing much better this season....I still don't see it fesable to pay your 3rd pairing guy 4.2 million. No matter how you look at it he's not going to be moving up the depth chart here. I do expect him to be here the rest of this season; I don't expect to see him here next season. The better he plays the better off for us. Hell he was a prime buy-out candiate..I wouldnt say that's out of the woods yet but if he can mantain this play the rest of the year we should be able to get some assest for him.

Archived