95 replies to this topic

#1 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

After hearing AV's recent over-the-top assessment of Kesler's progress ("leaps and bounds"), I am beginning to question Ryan Kesler's future in this city.

AV's comments last year, related to how Kesler's injuries were not a factor in his non-performance, clearly did not go over well with RK17. And then there were Kurt Overhardt's actions in the off-season, declaring in December that Kesler was "months and months" away from a return, which varied greatly from Gillis' prognosis and clearly was not well-received by either the organization or the city at-large.

This sort of "smoke" is often a signal that there's fire in the background. See all of the signals with Cody, for proof: working out on his own, wanting multiple physician opinions, etc.

I'm beginning to wonder if a trade, along these lines, is in progress:

To NASHVILLE:
-Ryan Kesler
-Keith Ballard
-2013 1st

To VANCOUVER:
-Shea Weber

Kesler was obviously dominant against the Preds in 2011, and I do recall Ballard actually contributing in that series as well, with some good rushes and hipchecks. Both guys, IMO, would very much be "Nashville" types.

Thoughts?

Edited by King of the ES, 07 February 2013 - 10:37 AM.

#2 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

POPULAR

King of BS needs to be IP banned.

Every thread he makes is crap.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#3 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

POPULAR

After hearing AV's recent over-the-top assessment of Kesler's progress ("leaps and bounds"), I am beginning to question Ryan Kesler's future in this city.

AV's comments last year, related to how Kesler's injuries were not a factor in his non-performance, clearly did not go over well with RK17. And then there were Kurt Overhardt's actions in the off-season, declaring in December that Kesler was "months and months" away from a return, which varied greatly from Gillis' prognosis and clearly was not well-received by either the organization or the city at-large.

This sort of "smoke" is often a signal that there's fire in the background. See all of the signals with Cody, for proof: working out on his own, wanting multiple physician opinions, etc.

To NASHVILLE:
-Ryan Kesler
-Keith Ballard
-2013 1st

To VANCOUVER:
-Shea Weber

Kesler was obviously dominant against the Preds in 2011, and I do recall Ballard actually contributing in that series as well, with some good rushes and hipchecks. Both guys, IMO, would very much be "Nashville" types.

Thoughts?

Bring back the minus.

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#4 Bertuzzipunch

Bertuzzipunch

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

My thoughts are to watch your mouth son.

Kesler loves vancouver and we love him.

nothing too see here people.

Posted Image

#5 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

To NASHVILLE:
-Ryan Kesler
-Keith Ballard
-2013 1st

To VANCOUVER:
-Shea Weber

Thoughts?

I would make that trade in a heartbeat, but I doubt they would. Kesler was a Floppy Mcflopperton last season and Ballard has a lot to prove.

Edited by TimberWolf, 07 February 2013 - 10:46 AM.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#6 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

Hmm.. Another "Doom and Gloom" thread from King..

Didn't see this coming.. <_<

So because AV said Kesler looks great, and Kesler said he's not ready yet you assume there's a rift? AV can only go based on what he sees from Kesler, and obviously he thinks Kesler is looking pretty good.

I’ve had a couple of good days of practice and I’m just going from there,” said Kesler. “There are areas out there where I don’t feel comfortable, so there’s no timeline at all. Until I feel that comfort level and feel I can step in and contribute the way I can, I’ll be playing then.
“The wrist gets achy once in a while, but nothing out of the ordinary. The shoulder is the biggest thing. I have to make sure it’s 100-per-cent and the range of motion is there, but strength isn’t there at all. Once we get home, I’m really going to hammer that and take it day by day.”
Last season, Kesler was cleared for light contact after summer surgery to repair a torn labrum in his hip and returned to the lineup in just 14 days. He laboured through stiffness and soreness and struggled to score 22 goals.
“I made the mistake before and I won’t make it again,” he stressed.

Read more: http://www.theprovin...l#ixzz2KEirAdbS

Sounds like Kesler is making sure he is 100% before returning. No worries there.

Edited by Lonny_Bohonos_14, 07 February 2013 - 10:47 AM.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#7 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,629 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

POPULAR

Lol weber has the same amount of points as kesler this season

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#8 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,268 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

Methinks you might be reading waaaaaaaaaay too much into this.

Couple holes in the tin foil hat?

#9 Bertuzzipunch

Bertuzzipunch

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

I would make that trade in a heartbeat, but I doubt they would. Kesler was a Floppy Mcflopperton last season and Ballard has a lot to prove.

lol a couple of flops and a overused gif and now hes the king of diving?

i look at more of the good things that he does in the other 20+ minutes hes on the ice than one little play he might do once in every 3 games.

Posted Image

#10 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

:rolleyes:
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#11 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,432 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

You are absurd sir!
Posted Image

#12 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

Not even going to bother responding to the premise of the thread. As for the trade idea: a big fat NO! Is Weber worth that? Arguably, but the value doesn't matter because what hurts the Canucks after the trade is where it leaves them at the center position. They'd have an aging Hank centering the 1st line and then what? Two 4th line grinding centres in Malhotra and Lapierre and one rookie with 2 NHL points in Jordan Schroeder. That's what.

I'd bet money on the fact that if Vancouver and Nashville were to complete a Weber trade, the package going Nashville's way would likely be built around Alex Edler.

#13 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,497 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

i think your looking for the
Proposals and Armchair GM'ing

you continue to pull crap out of the air and think you really know whats going on behind closes doors enough is enough get rid of this fool and never allow access to this site again although would probably just make another account to troll

#14 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#15 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Lol weber has the same amount of points as kesler this season

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#16 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

So king, are their any redeeming qualities in the current team?
virtus junxit mors non separabit.

Hockey season must be back on, the crazies are coming out again....

#17 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

i think your looking for the
Proposals and Armchair GM'ing

No, I'm not.

And AV did not simply say that Kesler looked "good". He said that he's "improved by leaps and bounds". He's subtly suggesting, IMO, that Kesler should be ready to go very, very soon, probably sooner than maybe Kesler & Overhardt want.

As for the trade, Nashville can't realistically compete with two monster contracts (Weber & Rinne) and a bunch of complementary players. This is a trade that could work well for both teams. And, IMO, Schroeder has shown me in his time up that he has what it takes to be a 2C in the NHL, today (though I would still like to acquire a veteran C that could be played on the 3rd line, and possibly have the potential to fill in for Schroeder should he experience a slump - *AHEM* tyler bozak).

BTW - this is the exact reaction that most people had on this board about Cody. "Working out on his own? Who cares!?! There is no rift!"

Edited by King of the ES, 07 February 2013 - 10:57 AM.

#18 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,053 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

Facepalm.

WTF was he doing all lockout and the past two months? He's been the most active player in the community. This guy is an American that has made Vancouver home. He loves this city.

WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

Florida Panthers GM -  2014-15 Shapheat FHL

#19 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

King of the ES why you still here?? stop trolling.............kesler NO TRADE CLAUSE

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#20 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

No, I'm not.

And AV did not simply say that Kesler looked "good". He said that he's "improved by leaps and bounds". He's subtly suggesting, IMO, that Kesler should be ready to go very, very soon, probably sooner than maybe Kesler & Overhardt want.

As for the trade, Nashville can't realistically compete with two monster contracts (Weber & Rinne) and a bunch of complementary players. This is a trade that could work well for both teams. And, IMO, Schroeder has shown me in his time up that he has what it takes to be a 2C in the NHL, today (though I would still like to acquire a veteran C that could be played on the 3rd line, and possibly have the potential to fill in for Schroeder should he experience a slump - *AHEM* tyler bozak).

BTW - this is the exact reaction that most people had on this board about Cody. "Working out on his own? Who cares!?! There is no rift!"

So you're basing a thread off semantics and speculation. Ok there.

(And by the way, since you're proposing a trade, proposals section is where it should be)

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#21 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

No, I'm not.

And the Canucks can? Yes it would be nice to have Weber but going Philly crazy on contracts won't help us.
virtus junxit mors non separabit.

Hockey season must be back on, the crazies are coming out again....

#22 tottenhamninja

tottenhamninja

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Is King of ES really mark spector?? begining to wonder, the more i see his threads that he starts.. the more he is coming of as a wiener who doesn't watch much hockey.
hi, my name is daniel, and i wear comfy pants.

#23 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,268 posts

That's simply reading way too much into it. "He has improved by leaps and bounds and is back to 50% sooner than we thought" is just as legitimate as "He has improved by leaps and bounds and is ready to play".

AV never provided any assessment of where Kelser was at.

#24 Goal:thecup

Goal:thecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

You are so right, as always King, whatever are we going to do without your questions?

Once again, you are incredibly perceptive in discerning what everyone is thinking.

You are on a roll! Kesler's situation is exactly like Cody's.

To NASHVILLE:
-Ryan Kesler
-Keith Ballard
-2013 1st

To VANCOUVER:
-Shea Weber
Yes, exactly! Why would anyone hold onto argueably the best defenceman in the league when they could have poor, mis-treated Kesler, Ballard, and a first round pick from the President's Cup - holding team?

Wow! More fantastic content from the best poster in the history of CDC.

Thoughts? None of my own, that much is true for sure. Not only have you completely nailed this and I have nothing to add, but the board rules specifically outlaw what I would really like to post.

#25 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,409 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

I like the trade, King. I doubt that Nashville would, though....

...and I don't share your pessimism regarding Kesler's relationship with AV or the Canucks. Actually I don't share your pessimism on virtually everything...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#26 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

He was at Save on bagging groceries for Christ sake.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#27 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

To NASHVILLE:
-Ryan Kesler
-Keith Ballard
-2013 1st

To VANCOUVER:
-Shea Weber

Thoughts?

The only smoke around here is leaking out of yer a..

#28 tottenhamninja

tottenhamninja

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

ha ha giving away free canucks stuff no less. wish i lived in Vancouver sometimes.. seems like the canucks do alot more around town than here in ottawa.. aside from alfredson. and games wouldn't be be past my bed time lol. i still have to wake up in the morning and do the whole parenting thing but i suck it up for the canucks. actually the nice thing is wife is sleeping when the games start, so i dont have to talk to her while watching hockey :)
hi, my name is daniel, and i wear comfy pants.

#29 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

Yeah, and Tim Hortons serving up coffees.

He must HATE Vancouver.

#30 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

Kesler's future is solid with the Canucks. I see no reason why the Canucks would ever trade him. Solid 2nd line center, a game changing player, and one of the best 2 way forwards in the game. The Canucks trading him would be an incredibly stupid move.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.