The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler's Relationship With Vancouver: On Shaky Ground

King of the ES

No, I'm not.

And AV did not simply say that Kesler looked "good". He said that he's "improved by leaps and bounds". He's subtly suggesting, IMO, that Kesler should be ready to go very, very soon, probably sooner than maybe Kesler & Overhardt want.

As for the trade, Nashville can't realistically compete with two monster contracts (Weber & Rinne) and a bunch of complementary players. This is a trade that could work well for both teams. And, IMO, Schroeder has shown me in his time up that he has what it takes to be a 2C in the NHL, today (though I would still like to acquire a veteran C that could be played on the 3rd line, and possibly have the potential to fill in for Schroeder should he experience a slump - *AHEM* tyler bozak).

BTW - this is the exact reaction that most people had on this board about Cody. "Working out on his own? Who cares!?! There is no rift!"

After hearing AV's recent over-the-top assessment of Kesler's progress ("leaps and bounds"), I am beginning to question Ryan Kesler's future in this city.

You are so right, as always King, whatever are we going to do without your questions?

AV's comments last year, related to how Kesler's injuries were not a factor in his non-performance, clearly did not go over well with RK17. And then there were Kurt Overhardt's actions in the off-season, declaring in December that Kesler was "months and months" away from a return, which varied greatly from Gillis' prognosis and clearly was not well-received by either the organization or the city at-large.

Once again, you are incredibly perceptive in discerning what everyone is thinking.

This sort of "smoke" is often a signal that there's fire in the background. See all of the signals with Cody, for proof: working out on his own, wanting multiple physician opinions, etc.

You are on a roll! Kesler's situation is exactly like Cody's.

I'm beginning to wonder if a trade, along these lines, is in progress:

To NASHVILLE:

-Ryan Kesler

-Keith Ballard

-2013 1st

To VANCOUVER:

-Shea Weber

Yes, exactly! Why would anyone hold onto argueably the best defenceman in the league when they could have poor, mis-treated Kesler, Ballard, and a first round pick from the President's Cup - holding team?

Kesler was obviously dominant against the Preds in 2011, and I do recall Ballard actually contributing in that series as well, with some good rushes and hipchecks. Both guys, IMO, would very much be "Nashville" types.

Wow! More fantastic content from the best poster in the history of CDC.

Thoughts? None of my own, that much is true for sure. Not only have you completely nailed this and I have nothing to add, but the board rules specifically outlaw what I would really like to post.

After hearing AV's recent over-the-top assessment of Kesler's progress ("leaps and bounds"), I am beginning to question Ryan Kesler's future in this city.

AV's comments last year, related to how Kesler's injuries were not a factor in his non-performance, clearly did not go over well with RK17. And then there were Kurt Overhardt's actions in the off-season, declaring in December that Kesler was "months and months" away from a return, which varied greatly from Gillis' prognosis and clearly was not well-received by either the organization or the city at-large.

This sort of "smoke" is often a signal that there's fire in the background. See all of the signals with Cody, for proof: working out on his own, wanting multiple physician opinions, etc.

I'm beginning to wonder if a trade, along these lines, is in progress:

To NASHVILLE:

-Ryan Kesler

-Keith Ballard

-2013 1st

To VANCOUVER:

-Shea Weber

Kesler was obviously dominant against the Preds in 2011, and I do recall Ballard actually contributing in that series as well, with some good rushes and hipchecks. Both guys, IMO, would very much be "Nashville" types.

Thoughts?

Kesler's future is solid with the Canucks. I see no reason why the Canucks would ever trade him. Solid 2nd line center, a game changing player, and one of the best 2 way forwards in the game. The Canucks trading him would be an incredibly stupid move.

By reading all of both of their comments I do get the sense that they are not on the same page . For av to come out and say injury wasn't an excuse for kesler last year was absurd. How does he know how his body is feeling? I think we've needed a new voice inside the room for a while . Hopefully MG realizes this sooner than later...

And I don't know what loving the city has to do with being on shaky terms with the management? Everyones flaming the OP and claiming "oh he loves us and the city". So ???? what? What does that have to do with his point ?

Use your brain before coming up with a proposal, or another thread in fact

Weber can't be traded as you can't trade someone who has been offersheeted for a year

Kesler can't be traded as he has an NTC

jesus christ

Ban him already

Archived