• 2,272 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

but we would look good in the exact same situation!?? :picard:

9 mill in goalies,
3, 4 mill d men
gut our depth at centre..........
AND webers MONSTER contract
:emot-parrot:

Of course, the goaltending situation would be dealt with elsewhere (ASAP).

Schroeder has fit in just fine, IMO, in the NHL, and we also drafted B. Gaunce last year.

Weber's contract is a monster, but he might be worth it. Anyway, someone referenced the fact that he couldn't be traded for a year after being an offer-sheet signing. Anyone know if that means that he can be dealt in the off-season? Like - this off-season?

#62 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

"Sheep" are people who don't apply context to quotes, and just take them at their word. Did you take Cody Hodgson at his word last March, when he was asked point blank if he wanted to be traded out of Vancouver, and went on to completely dodge the question? By your guidelines, then, he neither asked for a trade nor was he upset with his role?

"Sheep" are people who listen to Cory Schneider's polished answers and actually believe that he's happy with what's going on here, and that Roberto Luongo is still hanging around. Those are sheep. Context needs to be a consideration, always.

Ahhh yes, the tangent post....hoping to drag things off topic because a user cannot refute the post he is attempting to respond to. Right on cue....... as expected.

Your posts are masters of pulling comments out of context and running with them with some odd, trolling and ridiculous assertion attached......... posts which are easily accessible as evidence just by viewing your post history.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#63 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

With all the quakes lately, i guess his relationship is literally on shaky ground.

Posted Image

#64 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,357 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Dedicacted to King of the ES:

Don't worry .. it will heal eventually .. just quit "picking at it"

P.S. Love this song .. Delbert and Bonnie

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#65 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

So I guess she beat you on the Kesler topic since you had to run off on a tangent. :lol:

"Beat me", how? By yelling at me and calling me names for suggesting that there may be a rift between Kesler and the organization?

Her claims of there not being a rift are every bit as unsubstantiated as mine are that there possibly is one.

#66 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Ahhh yes, the tangent post....hoping to drag things off topic because a user cannot refute the post he is attempting to respond to. Right on cue....... as expected.

Who's the one not refuting anything?

I asked you, twice, to show me what I'm making up. Still waiting for an answer.

What are you waiting for from me?

#67 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

"Beat me", how? By yelling at me and calling me names for suggesting that there may be a rift between Kesler and the organization?

Her claims of there not being a rift are every bit as unsubstantiated as mine are that there possibly is one.

There, there.........you really need to pay closer attention to my post content prior to flapping your lips............er, fingers on the keyboard.........you would be incorrect.......again. Read what I said....not what you think I said...see, way too often that seems to be your issue when reading posts.

So I guess she beat you on the Kesler topic since you had to run off on a tangent. :lol:

:lol:

Who's the one not refuting anything?

I asked you, twice, to show me what I'm making up. Still waiting for an answer.

What are you waiting for from me?

Reading comprehension an issue this morning? I've already pointed it out and how you're doing it but obviously (as usual) you haven't been paying attention. Not my fault you didn't get it. Willful ignorance, trolling or deliberate obtuseness in this user's post content? CDC, your opinion?

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 07 February 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#68 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

grabbing at straws there, King of the BS
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#69 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,749 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

A lot of people appear to think that I'm referencing the city of Vancouver, which is not correct. It's the Vancouver Canucks. I would guess that he loves the beautiful city of Vancouver, obviously, but there is a lot of evidence mounting that he perhaps has a problem with either AV/MG and the way they've handled these injuries of his.

Newsflash #1) If an NHL player loves the city of Vancouver, and wants to live there on an ongoing basis, he'll probably have to play for the Vancouver Canucks.

Newsflash #2) AV/MG are the coach/GM of the Vancouver Canucks. If a player doesn't like them, he'll have to choose whether to leave the city, or suck it up.

If there's any truth at all to your seemingly baseless speculations, Kesler's community involvement seems to indicate that he's willing to just suck it up. Or else, why would he bother?
Posted Image

#70 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Typical troll ploy................force someone else to prove something DOESN'T exist.
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#71 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

This is farfetched even for you king.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#72 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

You're the same hypocrite that calls people sheep, tells me that I'm an embarrassment, and then chirps somebody yesterday about how lame it is to use "personal insults" in response. :lol: Newsflash for Bertuzzi Babe: longevity does not equate to credibility on a message board. You have none.

Only thing you have ever said that I agree with. Guess there is a first for everything.

#73 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

Kesler obviously loves Vancouver, and wants to be a big part of the city for a long time. A millionaire doesn't go bag groceries and serve donuts just for s**ts and giggles.

On top of this, our D-core is generally excellent already, but without Kesler our team's most glaring need is obviously 2nd line center. So the trade proposed doesn't make a lick of sense.

The Canucks defensive core is far from excellent. I would prefer to wait until July 1st when teams can make offers to Nashville, and trade Edler, Booth, Schroeder, and draft picks for Weber. King is right about one thing (I just puked in my mouth a little) Weber is not staying in Nashville. If he was, they would have signed the no trade clause and no movement clause he requested.
Poile chose not to. They will unload him for a package like I have suggested which is fair.

Yeah, yeah, Edler has more points than Weber this season, but Weber is a complete defenseman who has a far more dangerous shot than Edler and is far more dangerous to opposing forwards entering the zone. He stands up for his teammates and is one of, if not the best defensman in the league.

However one does not merely trade away a Selke winner and one of the best two way centers in the game. Have their been issues regarding AV and Kesler? Yes. If their is a casualty of this it would be AV not Kesler, but AV seems to be keeping his unnecessary comments to himself lately. Ryan Kesler is not asking for a trade and hasn't been. He has ties to the city and good friends on the team (Bieksa, Higgins, Burrows)

Adding Weber to our blueline is a win win. He is good friends with Dan Hamhuis from their years together in Nashville. He would anchor the defensive corps for years to come and be a menace on the power play. He would gladly come to play for a contender and make us an even tougher team than we are already.

Edited by Canuck-a-nuck, 07 February 2013 - 12:31 PM.

Posted Image

#74 TheGreatCanucks

TheGreatCanucks

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

After hearing AV's recent over-the-top assessment of Kesler's progress ("leaps and bounds"), I am beginning to question Ryan Kesler's future in this city.

AV's comments last year, related to how Kesler's injuries were not a factor in his non-performance, clearly did not go over well with RK17. And then there were Kurt Overhardt's actions in the off-season, declaring in December that Kesler was "months and months" away from a return, which varied greatly from Gillis' prognosis and clearly was not well-received by either the organization or the city at-large.

This sort of "smoke" is often a signal that there's fire in the background. See all of the signals with Cody, for proof: working out on his own, wanting multiple physician opinions, etc.

I'm beginning to wonder if a trade, along these lines, is in progress:

To NASHVILLE:
-Ryan Kesler
-Keith Ballard
-2013 1st

To VANCOUVER:
-Shea Weber

Kesler was obviously dominant against the Preds in 2011, and I do recall Ballard actually contributing in that series as well, with some good rushes and hipchecks. Both guys, IMO, would very much be "Nashville" types.

Thoughts?

You sir are on drugs.

#75 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Only thing you have ever said that I agree with. Guess there is a first for everything.

:lol:

Might want to wipe the corner of your lip there.........

#76 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,357 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

And a last, with any luck ..

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#77 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

I guess nobody remembers the little tilt they had last year, when AV suggested that Kesler needs to start using his linemates more?

Does this sound like they're on the same page?

“Me utilize my players?” Kesler said, before adding: “Obviously, I don’t know what he means by that and if he wants to say that he can come to me and talk to me about it.

“I am going to play my game, the things that have made me successful. I know what that is and if he wants to come talk to me he is more than welcome."

Edited by King of the ES, 07 February 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#78 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

More fabrications
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#79 TheGreatCanucks

TheGreatCanucks

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

Do we really even need Weber? We already have a solid defensive core. I don't see where Weber would fit in.

#80 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

Do we really even need Weber? We already have a solid defensive core. I don't see where Weber would fit in.

Weber is 6'4" 235 and a Norris nominee for the last five years. He has the second hardest shot in the league at 106 mph, and the most dangerous shot due to it's accuracy in play. He is a menace on the power play and especially in his own end. He stands up for his teammates.

Both Edler and Bieksa are on the scoresheet which Weber is not. I'm thinking Weber is just going to play this season out and hope for a trade. But Weber is far more consistent and effective in his own zone. He clears the crease and makes the oppostion pay if they get close to Rinne. No one can say that Edler does that with any kind of consistency. No our defense is not as solid as everyone believes it to be.
Posted Image

#81 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,357 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

Weber is 6'4" 235 and a Norris nominee for the last five years. He has the second hardest shot in the league at 106 mph, and the most dangerous shot due to it's accuracy in play. He is a menace on the power play and especially in his own end. He stands up for his teammates.

And in 9 games played this year Shea has ZERO points, 20 hits and 13 blocked shots .. disappointing!!

#82 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,672 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

No, I'm not.

This is a trade proposal, not an analysis of a player. An analysis would not include a fantasy trade.

#83 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,672 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

This is farfetched even for you king.

Must have used the wrong account to post on ;)

#84 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

Must have used the wrong account to post on ;)

Must be getting difficult for him to keep those multiples straight, eh? ;)

#85 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

And in 9 games played this year Shea has ZERO points, 20 hits and 13 blocked shots .. disappointing!!

He is a defenseman. His primary job on the ice is to defend. He is solid in his own end, where a defenseman should be. Edler is porous in his own end and is prone to blind passes and being beaten on the rush.

Also consider that he requested an NMC and NTC from Nashville and received neither. The team is struggling due to it's lack of forward depth. He is biding his time and will seek a trade to a contender.

Basing a defenseman's worth on how many goals or assists he makes while completely ignoring his play in his own end is a tad elementary, isn't it?
Posted Image

#86 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

Of course, the goaltending situation would be dealt with elsewhere (ASAP).

Schroeder has fit in just fine, IMO, in the NHL, and we also drafted B. Gaunce last year.

Weber's contract is a monster, but he might be worth it. Anyway, someone referenced the fact that he couldn't be traded for a year after being an offer-sheet signing. Anyone know if that means that he can be dealt in the off-season? Like - this off-season?

He can't be traded until July 1st, 2013. After that Nashville can trade him and most likely will. Otherwise they would have signed the NTC and NMC he requested. They can get at least 3-4 pieces for a player of his magnitude.
Posted Image

#87 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

How do we ban this clown?
I Love Lamp...

#88 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

He can't be traded until July 1st, 2013. After that Nashville can trade him and most likely will. Otherwise they would have signed the NTC and NMC he requested. They can get at least 3-4 pieces for a player of his magnitude.

I think the main point in this thread is whether Kesler is on shakey ground with the team or not, NOT why we need weber...

#89 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,672 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

How do we ban this clown?

Fine a report on the original post of this thread citing a violation of CDC rules - namely either redundant, lacks substance, or in wrong subforum (this is a trade proposal, not analysis).

#90 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

Mods should move this to the proposals forum just to troll King of the BS.

After all, not only is he proposing a trade, but he is proposing a rift between management and a player who is on the injured reserve...

A LITTLE bit ridiculous.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.