The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Trade Deadline(Make your prediction)

If anything, at the deadline I could see MG do what he has done in the past and pick up a rental player or two in exchange for picks.

So, looking at upcoming UFAs and eliminating anyone on a team in the playoff picture, there are a couple of possibilities...

Mike Ribiero from Washington. 32 yrs old, depth at center which we could use. The Caps may have dug themselves a hole too deep to get out of already. Ribiero has only been there a year so it's not like he would have a huge attachment to the place. 18G and 45A for Dallas last year.

Matthew Lombardi from Phoenix. Also a center, but younger than Ribiero. Phoenix is on the bubble right now, but may still be sellers given their financial situation. Lombardi had a tough year in Toronto last year, but who didn't? 53 points the year before playing for Phoenix.

Chuck Kobasew from Colorado. Plays RW, 30 yrs old. Not a huge points guy but could be brought in for depth. He's a BC kid which MG seems to like. I used to watch him play for the Rockets when I lived in Kelowna. Cheap salary, could probably be available for a late draft pick.

Just thinking off the top of my head of a bit of a wish list if realistical players I would like to see GMMG go for. I think the Canucks are set in alot of areas, but I think we are still "just that one guy" that gives us a kick or a boost. Versitile, can play wing and also win face-offs and play a sandpaper game, pot a bunch of timely goals. Just a few names

Brandon Dubinski

Ryan O'Neill

Derek Dorsett

Morrow would be on that list but his injuriea/durability and the fact he is ufa at years end makes me leary. The above 3 are on half decent contracts and on failing teams.

Thoughts? Anyone else

Just thinking off the top of my head of a bit of a wish list if realistical players I would like to see GMMG go for. I think the Canucks are set in alot of areas, but I think we are still "just that one guy" that gives us a kick or a boost. Versitile, can play wing and also win face-offs and play a sandpaper game, pot a bunch of timely goals. Just a few names

Brandon Dubinski

Ryan O'Neill

Derek Dorsett

Morrow would be on that list but his injuriea/durability and the fact he is ufa at years end makes me leary. The above 3 are on half decent contracts and on failing teams.

Thoughts? Anyone else

Archived