Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Vancouver Trade Deadline(Make your prediction)

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

No 1st-rounder for 2 years? That's sad, man.
I say one 1st rounder and Raymond.

for Shea Weber and go stop watch edler make one great play then a handful of lousy plays, it is well worth it.

Edler
-lets pucks hop over his stick at the opposing blue line during the PP
-rarely hits and when he does there was no need to
-often indifferent defensive play
-lacks urgency

#62 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

weber-hamhuis pairing = cup

#63 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

weber-hamhuis pairing = cup

Two players dont win a team a cup
Posted Image
Drouin#27 Halifax Mooseheads Star

Credit to Canucks Top Scorer

#64 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

Ha. Haha. Hahaha. Hahahahahahaha.

Sens aren't trading Alfie.

TSN doesnt seem to think that :bigblush:
Posted Image

#65 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Two players dont win a team a cup

Chara, Thomas = 2011 cup, check it out.

#66 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

Chara, Thomas = 2011 cup, check it out.

haha they were losing 2-0 until ShawnThornton came back.
Posted Image

#67 boxiebrown

boxiebrown

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

I think that it would be worth making calls to Winnipeg at the trade deadline. Even in Winnipeg, they are still a cost conscious franchise, and they have a lot of key players who are RFAs at the end of the year. It's possible that they won't want to pay all of them. If they slip out of the playoff race the might be sellers.

Players we could target include:

Blake Wheeler - big RW with great hands. Would be a great fit next to Kesler and Booth on the 2nd line.
Zach Bogosian - mobile and physical top-4 right-handed D. Obviously a great fit for our team, would probably be expensive.
Bryan Little - a soid 2nd line player who can play center or RW. Would be good depth at center or a good playmaker as the 2nd line RW.

All of these guys are RFA, which might help to bring the price down, and I think they'd all be good additions.

#68 mcgillnuck

mcgillnuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

2 cheap moves we could do to really help for the playoffs: Torres (proven chemistry) and Ott (LH #3 centerman good on the draws)

I'm also predicting a lot of speculation about Alfie coming to Vancouver, and then nothing coming of it.

Props to canuckbuddy for the sig

#69 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,913 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

TSN doesnt seem to think that :bigblush:

That was before Ottawa became decimated with injuries. Now if Ottawa is well out of a playoff spot at the trade deadline its a possibility.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#70 70seven

70seven

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

Im sure therell be a few moves a tweaks by Gillis, but doubt anything of the blockbuster variety will happen untill after the season.

Most of the obvious names have been mentioned, and some that I agree that GIllis will persue:

Daniel Alfredsson - We'll see where Ottawa stands, but this season might just be one to throw away, get an asset or two in return, and re-sign Alfredsson in the offseason.

Brandon Dubinsky - He's the perfect type of 3rd line center for our club imo. Great on faceoffs, kills penalties, good for 40+ points over 82 games, team leader, decent size and speed, throws lots of body checks. The sticking point is the 4.2 cap hit, as Van would have to shed some salary from the 13/14 projected roster to make this work. I also think theyre still evaluating Schroeder, as he's making them think twice about the urgency of aquiring a 3rd line C... Booth for Dubi might make perfect sense, given the Canucks surplus of wingers, and the even cap swap.

Steven Weiss - Not so sure on this one, as he's likley to be a rental, but he's good on the draw and knows a few of our players quite well, including having past chemistry with David Booth... Could make for a really nice looking 3rd scoring line. If the price was right, he'd be an interesting peice for sure.

#71 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

That was before Ottawa became decimated with injuries. Now if Ottawa is well out of a playoff spot at the trade deadline its a possibility.

It sucks when toronto fans boo alfie, when he is at home ice. But i doubt he would actually ask for a trade.
Posted Image

#72 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

Do the Vancouver Canucks make at least a couple trades at the trade deadline?

Does Lu or Schneider get traded....Ballard?Booth?

Maybe More teams will want one of our goalies at the trade deadline, for the playoffs.

Make your proposal's.

Barring an unfortunate injury, the number of teams which would want Luongo for this season is shrinking.

New Jersey is doing well, and if they do decide they want Luongo then I do not see if happening until after the season is over. If they are going to make any trades it will be for something to help them win this season.

Toronto is doing well, and a number of the usual suspects who might have been traded for Luongo are playing a significant part in this success. I don't see Luongo going to Toronto.

This leaves us with TB, the Islanders, Florida, and Washington. They all have either very old or very inexperienced goalies.

All of the above still have a shot at making the playoffs, and their chances would improve greatly should they acquire Luongo. All of these teams have significant cap space, although this does not mean that they would be willing to use up that space in acquiring Luongo.

TB or Washington are what I see as the likely choices for partners in a deal by the trade deadline. I don't see either of these teams wanting to trade roster players to get Luongo, unless it's a cap dump (eg. Hamrlik in a deal with Washington).

To Washington: Luongo, Ballard, Higgins/Raymond, lower end prospect

To Vancouver: Brouwer, Wilson, Orlov, 2014 1st, Hamrlik as a cap dump

To TB: Luongo, Ballard, Higgins/Raymond, cap dump prospect, maybe a 2013 3rd or lower

To Vancouver: Purcell, Aulie, Panik, Barberio, 2014 1st

Ballard would be useful to either of these teams. TB's defense is fairly poor, and Washington will have only a limited number of d-men under contract after this season. While I would regret him leaving, his departure would free up $4+ million in cap space.

Higgins/Raymond are there because each proposal is taking a winger away from the other team so they are there to replace/fill that roster spot. Each is also a UFA after the season is over and it's unlikely that at least one of them will not be here next season.

The Canucks get better on the wing, they get additional prospects and what will likely be a decent 1st. Neither of these proposals address the 3C question.

There's also an outside chance that Luongo could go to the Islanders. Czikas (kind of small but with lots of potential), Niederreiter, 2014 1st are possible returns.

regards,
G.

Edited by Gollumpus, 24 February 2013 - 12:57 AM.

Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#73 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

Nice, because having a great GM is such a terrible thing, lets fire the best GM we've ever had, right?

Get off MG's nuts. CDC over-rates him big time. The guy doesn't know how to make trades or evaluate talent. How many occasions has he been burnt on when it comes to trades? This is the same guy who created this uncomfortable goalie situation and now looks like he's inept at resolving it. He was a scumbag agent and most GM's don't like to deal with him even now. And oh yea, he was also stupid enough to make a goalie captain.

Edited by Super_Canuck, 24 February 2013 - 12:05 AM.

#74 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,913 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

It sucks when toronto fans boo alfie, when he is at home ice. But i doubt he would actually ask for a trade.

Yea I honestly don't know why Leaf fans boo him. That's like the equivalant of Canucks fans booing Iginla. But do we boo Iggy? No. And I don't think Alfie being traded would be due to him asking for one, I think it would be more of the Sens asking Alfie permission to trade him.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#75 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,913 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

Get off MG's nuts. CDC over-rates him big time. The guy doesn't know how to make trades or evaluate talent. How many occasions has he been burnt on when it comes to trades? This is the same guy who created this uncomfortable goalie situation and now looks like he's inept at resolving it. He was a scumbag agent and most GM's don't like to deal with him even now. And oh yea, he was also stupid enough to make a goalie captain.

MG is also the same guy who locked up the Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, Luongo etc, signed Hamhuis, Torres, traded for Ehrhoff and so on. He's only made what, 2 or 3 bad moves since becoming Vancouver's GM so I really have no idea why you're bashing him.

#76 boxiebrown

boxiebrown

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

Yeah, he created the goalie situation by... having two good goalies. Fire him!!1!

Also, re: trades - Lapierre and Higgins for 3rd round picks worked out pretty well.

#77 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

Vancouver gives:
- Chris Higgins
2013 3rd Round Pick

Boston gives:
- Chris Kelly
Posted Image

#78 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

Vancouver gives:
- Chris Higgins
2013 3rd Round Pick

Boston gives:
- Chris Kelly

Just to let you know, there will be more predictions.
Posted Image

#79 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

Yea I honestly don't know why Leaf fans boo him. That's like the equivalant of Canucks fans booing Iginla. But do we boo Iggy? No. And I don't think Alfie being traded would be due to him asking for one, I think it would be more of the Sens asking Alfie permission to trade him.

I would see him going to a team like the Pens, Rangers, or maybe even chicago. If he would even get moved.
Posted Image

#80 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

I see us making a pretty big splash unless Booth and other players prove they can step it up on the 2nd line.

We need 1 more pure sniper, who can get fans out of their seats and break games open

A RH D-man would be nice, but only if it were an upgrade on Ballard....no fringe 6th or 7th d-men because we already have Barker, Alberts and Vandermeer.

Snipers that come to mind would be: Vanek,Semin,Jagr,etc.....those players might not be available but those are the type of players we need on the 2nd line. A guy who can score on his own and doesn't need to rely on Kesler to create everything because as it stands right now, if Kesler gets shut down...so does our entire 2nd line

1 cherry-picking sniper wouldn't hurt to have :)
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#81 BurrsArrows

BurrsArrows

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

At deadline we wont have schneider or ballard anymore

#82 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

At deadline we wont have schneider or ballard anymore

I would say lu will be traded for weiss or something like that
Posted Image

#83 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

On July 1st, Gillis will call David Poile and make a offer.

To Nashville
Alexander Edler
David Booth
2 1st round draft picks

To Vancouver
Shea Weber

Oh man i hope not
Posted Image

#84 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

I don't think MG will be able to pull the trigger on anything. I hope I am wrong, but I am pretty sure I am right.

#85 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

Maybe Lu,Ballard,Sesito and Ebbett will get moved
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.