The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Trade Deadline(Make your prediction)

I like the Ribeiro idea. He's got decent playoff numbers too.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Burrows-Ribeiro-Kesler

Booth-Schroeder-Raymond

Higgins-Lappy-Hansen

That's a dangerous group. Not sure if we can fit him under the cap at the deadline though. Maybe if Booth isn't working out we can make a swap?

I like the Ribeiro idea. He's got decent playoff numbers too.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Burrows-Ribeiro-Kesler

Booth-Schroeder-Raymond

Higgins-Lappy-Hansen

That's a dangerous group. Not sure if we can fit him under the cap at the deadline though. Maybe if Booth isn't working out we can make a swap?

But I'm not a fan of Ribeiro. He was known as a dressing room cancer in Montreal. Then he was traded away from Dallas despite being productive there, and replaced with the enigmatic Derek Roy, who has pretty much the same contract as Ribeiro.

EDIT: and they paid a higher price for Roy than Ribeiro returned, IMO.

Sorry to be such a downer but I've just seen this soap opera play out too many times.

The Canucks are a business and ownership seems like they would rather have a year to year "hope" of winning vs. going all in for a year or two and be put into a rebuilding situation after that. I can understand that decision but I can also understand why that would drive a fan nuts.

When's the last time the Canucks acquired something significant at the trade deadline? We always pick up depth players for mid round draft picks and that's about it.

There are some big name free agents available this year that could be acquired for the right price. But if you're only willing to give up 2nd round draft picks, Raymond, Ballard, Alberts, Vollpatti, etc., you're going to get another team's Raymond, Ballard, etc. back.

Iginla is out there and available. The Canucks can get him if the price is right............but they won't.

My 4 players:

Raffi Torres and Kyle Chipchura from Phoenix. Chuck Kobasew and Ryan O'Byrne from Colorado.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Kassian

Higgins Schroeder Hansen

Raymond Lapierre/Chipchura Torres/Kobasew

Hamhuis Edler

Garrison Bieksa

Ballard Tanev/O'Byrne

Alberts, Barker

Luongo & Schneider

EXPLANATION: During the 2011 Cup Run, we had players who were healthy scratches like Tambellini, Hodgson and Samuelsson or a game or two. They were held of the lineup for players like Glass, Bolduc and Oreskovich. Those guys brought only a toughness element to the table I felt.

If we load up on strength, size with some skill on our bottom-6, we'd be unstoppable.

Raffi Torres: Brings size, hitting, forecheck, fighting ability and some scoring touch. He is 6'0 225

Chuck Kobasew: Brings a similar type of game like Torres, with less size and fighting. He is 6'0 195

Kyle Chipchura: A center who will drop the gloves and forecheck. Career face-off % is just over 50%. He is 6'2 209

Ryan O'Byrne: Loves to hit, isn't slow, but isn't super fast either. Has a huge shot, but doesn't use it often. He is 6'5 234

Here's hoping.

Well i like Lappy as a fourth line center and Schroeder looks good on the third. I wouldn't mind potentially trading Higgens+ for a legitimate top 6 forward but we all know how hard they are to find. Probably nothing will happen. There won't be another Coho incident.

Archived